cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

34814C30-8453-4F11-B503-B8290A8D2FAB.gif

Welcome to the 2022 Mask of the Week Challenge! We love hearing about every masking experience, on or off-theme, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Fruits and Veggies Masks - a big thank you to @keana1 for this week’s nutritious themeπŸ“πŸ₯‘πŸŠπŸ₯¦πŸŒΆπŸ₯—

Letters of the Month: Q - V

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge:
Current Thread (Archived Schedule Below)

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@lmaster No way!  I thought their mask lineup was pretty set.  Well now I'm going to try and savour it a little more.  I honestly think it was you who convinced me (perhaps unknowingly) to buy this one.  I was using it as a sleeping mask at one point as well and it's been a nice all around mask to have on hand.  I just didn't realize how much 5oz of mask was until I got these jars!

@missjeanie  Great mash up! I’m almost 40 and I’m with you want to look 20. I’ve tried the wrinkle warrior and was sad it made me break out. I’m glad it works great for you!! 

Oh no @ather I'm so sorry the wrinkle warrior made you break out.  Its such a gamble with new products sometimes.  And allll the yes to trying look half our age! lol

@missjeanie 

Those milk carton masks are so cute. I'm a sucker for packaging.

@nuinui933 Yes,  They're super cute, I'm a sucker for some good marketing/packaging too!

Love both of those banana masks, @missjeanie! And I totally agree with you about the PTR masks. I really enjoy several of them, but I prefer the smaller tubes over the tubs because there are just so many good masks out there, it's hard to stay committed to the tub in time to finish it all. 

@quspork Right!  There should be deluxe sample sizes available at all times for those of us with the need to try it all lol

@missjeanie  You've done such a great job chipping away at your mask collection! I'm glad you decided to take a little break from the expired category ... you needed it! 😊

That's great you were able to try the banana mask back to back. I knew they had similar scents, but I've never tried them back to back before so I didn't know how close. I think of the two, the Sweet Banana one is my favorite too.  πŸ˜‰

@Shosh85 Thank you for the idea!  I'm totally in love with the scent on the Sweet Banana.  I actually bought a few bunches of bananas to do soft dried banana slices in the oven tomorrow.  The masks gave me a craving! lol

What a great group of sheet masks @missjeanie! Good to hear it offered up a nice break from the masks in your daily masking routine. It’s nice to have a little break every now and then. 

That Apieu banana mask is such a good one. πŸ’› Smell, results, etc. I remember really enjoying that boo bamboo mask back in the day. Makes me wonder how I would feel about it now. πŸ€” 

@itsfi It was a good break and good to feel like I was peeking through a lot of my collection to see where I was at with things.  I'll be good to get back to the older ones for next week and then move on to the 2021 expired group lol. At least those aren't AS expired. It was good to see some of these masks back to back as well.  I'll know better what I want to pick up in the future... the far far future when I'm allowed to shop masks again lol

β€œthe far far future” hahahaha @missjeanie. I laugh but I completely understand that feeling. You WILL work through your mask stash. You’re doing an excellent job of chipping away at it. 

@missjeanie Thanks so much for this awesome review and comparison! Yes!!! Honestly, I really want to make an order from masksheets dot com just to get that Banana Milk mask and the eye gels with flower petals in them plus of course, some laneige spoils. πŸ˜› Maybe I'll splurge before my official February no buy starts.

Lol @QueenMarceline .  I think I found some at Target at one point.  Maybe some at Ulta too?

@missjeanie Interesting! I'll have to take a look, I don't think they're at ULTA unless I am completely missing something.

@QueenMarceline It's been a few years at this point since I've been in one so they may not anymore... if they ever did lol

Lancome Energie De Vie - Applied this mask after cleansing my face. This is heavily scented, very perfumy. I have had this sample for a while now. I don't like the way it smells. Even if it does wonders on my face I dont recommend because of the scent.

20220127_202031.jpg

 

@Mellmars1185 I'm with you!! I can't stand a heavy perfume scent in my skincare

@Mellmars1185  I agree scents are such a turn off for me. 

It's the shame the scent is such a turn off on this one, @Mellmars1185

@Mellmars1185  It's been awhile since I tried it, but I remember feeling the same way about the scent. Sorry this one's a bummer!

testing