Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@quspork I'm very curious about it ๐Ÿค”

@lmaster, I agree with you; I really feel that climate can play a big role in your results from this mask (or just skincare in general). Sure, it may just be that the mask is more hydrating than nourishing, but this winter seems to have been particularly cold and drying on the skin and it makes sense that it would have an effect on masking results. I've been finding this winter, but this month in particular, that my skin just slurps up the serums in sheet masks lately, even the more cream or oil based sheet masks. I'll be very curious to know how this Comsetea mask works out for you in the warmer months. 

@itsfi that makes so much sense,,, and I've never really realized how climate can change skincare,, until this winter!

@lmaster, I know my winters are nothing compared to the ones other people have, but I feel like it was so much colder and drier than past winters. My skin didn't experience dry patches and flakes so much but I could feel the dryness and it was really made clear when I'd use some sheet masks and could barely get to 20 minutes with them because my skin has sluuuuuurrrped up all the serum. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ 

Ohhhh, the lessons learned when it comes to skincare. ๐Ÿ™„ I feel like I'm learning the hard way a lot more times than I want to. ๐Ÿ˜ I'm looking forward to spring but also know that means other skincare concerns to think through ... like enlarged pores and oily T-zones. ๐Ÿคฃ

@itsfi that's the truth!

@lmaster  Sorry this was unimpressive. It's been pretty cold here too, and I definitely feel like my skin has been extra thirsty. Sometimes I don't fully know what to feel about a mask until I've tried it in both winter and summer ๐Ÿ˜… 

@Shosh85 I feel like I'm really noticing how the dry climate effects my skincare routine,, I'm going to be more lenient on masks during the winter ๐Ÿฅถ

Oh I haven't seen this one before @lmaster .  I remember thinking the cosmotea ones I'd tried were okay for fillers but nothing out of this world.  Hopefully it fares better come warmer weather!

@missjeanie I think it's just so dry right now that maybe the air got more use out of the serum lol

Preach @lmaster !  I have a humidifier in the house and I still find myself setting mason jars of water on any heat registers.  Hopefully it'll work out better in a different season. 

@missjeanie oh my gosh!! I have a wood burner, and I set a huge pot for boiling noodles, on top filled with water,,, and it's still so dry!!

This looks vaguely familiar, @lmaster. Sorry it was a meh, on to better masks! 

@eshoe I honestly feel like the weather has a major part in this result,,, I'm definitely not opposed to trying it again!

B is for Bologna 

3D3EEA8D-BFC7-41ED-9A02-EA5CB675FF43.jpeg

"My bologna has a first name,

it's O-S-C-A-R.
My bologna has a second name,

it's M-A-Y-E-R"

Spoiler

Oscar Mayer x Seoul Mamas Bologna Hydrogel Face Mask

Material:

Two-piece light-pink hydrogel. The mouth and eye holes were cut to look like teeth marks/bites. It was super slippery and tore easily

Serum:

Watery, but not drippy. Nothing extra in the pouch

Scent:

Nope, it did not smell like bologna ๐Ÿ˜… It was a light, sort of fresh and clean floral scent. I'm not usually a fan of floral, but I thought this was pretty pleasant

Fit:

Not quite wide enough, too short at the forehead and the nose flap was a little too long. Like with most hydrogels, the adherence wasn't the greatest and was constantly sliding around.

Wear Time:

Half hour

Tack:

Very light and only stuck around for a couple minutes

Results:

Super soft and smooth, comfortably hydrated skin, that looked a little brighter

Repurchase?

I liked the results from this mask, but I'm not really a fan of hydrogels because of how much they slide around. I might repurchase this one but probably only if it was on sale- the results were nice, but I've used masks that were a lot less expensive with the same results or better. I do think it'd be something fun to include in a gift basket though, and might also repurchase for that reason.

C40BEBF6-9AB2-4070-B7E8-D9912792753F.jpeg

F5F08A3B-D412-4F22-9C11-818FD7A33ECA.jpeg

071B4749-E9D8-4FAB-931F-09EF824E19FB.jpeg

"Oh I wish I were an Oscar Mayer wiener,
That is what I'd truly like to be,
'Cause if I were an Oscar Mayer wiener,
Everyone would be in love with me"

I know @eshoe and a couple others bought this as well, so I'll be interested to hear what they think of it!

@Shosh85 

bhahahahaha! This is hilarious! 

@nuinui933  Yup, definitely a fun one! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 Oh I've never been more happy to see your face in a mask! lol!!  I have to say I was kinda expecting some sort of random scent!  What a fun mask to try even if it's not a repurchase lol.  I got a good kick out of this just reading through.  I'm looking forward to hearing everyones thoughts.  Anyone willing to do a DIY balogna mask? lol

@missjeanie  Haha! Glad my bologna face could make you happy! Can't say my husband was very excited to see my face in this mask! ๐Ÿ˜‚ To be fair though, I didn't give him any warning ๐Ÿ˜… This is definitely one of the most entertaining masks I've used in a while!

Not gonna lie, a showdown of Bologna Mask vs Bologna Slice crossed my mind! ๐Ÿ˜†

This gives me joy @Shosh85 !

@Shosh85 Oh this made me smile! I really needed that today! I love how your shirt says bite me! It is so fitting! Thanks for sharing your experience!

@Mellmars1185  I'm happy this could make you smile! This was definitely a fun one! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I wasn't even thinking about what I was wearing when I took this picture, but it worked out well. haha! ๐Ÿ˜‚ This is just an old Christmas sweater I wore to an Ugly Sweater party once, that I now use as pajamas. It has a gingerbread man with part of his head and leg bitten off ๐Ÿ˜†

1 Reply
testing