Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@QueenMarceline Super cute selfie!  I've picked up a bunch of the 'cute print' masks from TCS as well, don't think I've ever tried the kitty though.  Sounds like a real winner for you!

@missjeanie Yes! I'm super impressed. ๐Ÿ™‚ Makes me want to pick all TCS masks to try out ๐Ÿ™‚

LMAO... As someone who's been there... @QueenMarceline be careful!  You'll end up with a few hundred easy.  The 5 packs from TJMaxx are dangerous. 

@missjeanie Haha, I know that all too well... I'm almost looking forward to my no buy. Almost๐Ÿ˜‚

@QueenMarceline Super cute cat mask!! I hope you enjoyed your masking experience!

@Mellmars1185 I genuinely really enjoyed the kitty mask ๐Ÿ™‚ got a 3 pack of it on amazon before the no buy, hehe 

@QueenMarceline you make an adorable kitten ๐Ÿ˜บ glad you had great results and the scent sounds fabulous

@lmaster Haha, thank you so much! Now I absolutely have to try more of these gimmicky masks ๐Ÿ˜‚

@QueenMarceline I donโ€™t think there is such a thing as โ€˜too lateโ€™ here! 

Do you sleep with your hair masks on? I tend to do that and wonder if it gives my hair any added benefit. I used to use an Amika blow dryer with a negative/positive ion setting, one was for masks. Curious what your regular hair masking routine is all about๐Ÿค”

@eshoe Yes ๐Ÿ™‚ I try to do an overnight/whole day mask sleeping routine once a week. Honestly, my hair is ... a lot to deal with. I have natural curly hair that falls somewhere between a 2C and a 3A depending on the day. My hair is suuuuper sensitive to weather and I live in super dry environment in the winter and super humid environment in the winter (joyyyy). I use this mask as a conditioner most of the time as well as the amika Soulfood Nourishing Hair Mask (I think those two are honestly my go-to). I've been experimenting with some samples I have of the Living Proof Perfect Hair Dayยฎ Night Cap Overnight Perfector 4 oz/ 118 mL but the verdict is still out on that one (I try to really get a good feel for a product) but it dries down quite crunchy which I don't love. ๐Ÿ˜• 

@QueenMarceline, the print on TCS sheet mask is so cute! ๐Ÿ˜ป Glad to hear the results were good as well. 

@itsfi They're too cute, I just ordered a 3 pack of these on amazon.

A is for AM Piggyhead and anti-inflammatory from the lavender and chamomile extracts 
C for cute packaging

I found these masks when I was studying and working abroad last year. The material is soft and thin but holds a lot of essence but not so much that I felt like it was too much. The results were really nice - my skin felt lightly hydrated, with no stickiness or tackiness. It looked more even-toned too; my pores looked smaller and some of my redness was reduced. I'd like to repurchase this one but I haven't been able to find them anywhere here. I stayed with a host family for a part of my time and I may ask one of the girls if she can get a hold of a few of these for me.
ampiggyhead_blacktea.jpg

Winter mask routine (@missy94612)  & Sample turned purchase mask (@itsfi

I love this Glow Recipe watermelon sleeping mask - it smells yummy and does a nice job of softening and smoothing my skin while I sleep. I first tried a sample of it when it came out and have purchased travel and full sizes of this mask and will continue to repurchase it whenever I run out.

For masking routine in the winter, I start my routine when I get home from classes or work, which is clay mask of some kind, then a thin layer innisfree Green Tea Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Serum 2.7 oz/ 80 mL. A sheet mask is next on those days I use a sheet mask and a thin layer of my moisturizer - Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel or belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb. On certain nights when I need more hydration, mainly in the winter, then before I go to bed, I'll use this Glow Recipe Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask 2.7 oz/ 80 mL.  
glowrecipe_watermelonsleeping.jpg

@nuinui933 - the packaging is just too cute!

@eshores 

Super duper cute, right?!!

@nuinui933  Oh that Piggyhead mask sounds wonderful! It's hard to argue with cute packaging and great results! Hope you're able to track down more of them! ๐Ÿคž

@Shosh85 

I loved this mask! I have one other one to try - if that one gives good results too then I might need to hunt down this whole line. LOL.

@nuinui933 That piggy mask sure is C for Cute!  Isnt'that always the worst when you find one you love then can't find it anymore!

@missjeanie 

YES!!! It's a lesson learned for sure to not hoard my stuff - it's not just masks. If I had used them before I left, I probably would have packs of these with me. LOL. 

@nuinui933 the am piggy head mask packaging is so cute!! Darn it!! Wish they sold them online somewhere ๐Ÿ˜”

@lmaster 

IKR. I get why some tourists to S. Korea bring or buy empty suitcases to fill with skincare - there were so many sheet masks that I'd never seen before. 

1 Reply
testing