cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

34814C30-8453-4F11-B503-B8290A8D2FAB.gif

Welcome to the 2022 Mask of the Week Challenge! We love hearing about every masking experience, on or off-theme, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Fruits and Veggies Masks - a big thank you to @keana1 for this week’s nutritious themeπŸ“πŸ₯‘πŸŠπŸ₯¦πŸŒΆπŸ₯—

Letters of the Month: Q - V

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge:
Current Thread (Archived Schedule Below)

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@Mellmars1185, scent can definitely be one of those things that make a making experience more enjoyable or make you never want to reach for that mask again. LancΓ΄me skincare tends to be very heavily perfumed. 😱 Good thing this was just a sample size. 

@Mellmars1185 I find that most things from Lancome are too perfume-y for me. I'm with ya on this one. Glad you are at the least enjoying the effects of this mask πŸ™‚

@Mellmars1185 Scent can be suuuuuuch a deal breaker!

This Week: Hydrating Heroes  Letters of the Month:  A - E

Sephora Collection Lotus Moisturizing & Soothing Eye Mask

unnamed.jpeg

My Thoughts:

Spoiler
I found this eye mask at the bottom of my Sephora Collection mask stash, I'm not sure how old it is but I know Sephora does not make the SEPHORA COLLECTION Eye Mask Lotus anymore (at least I cannot seem to find it) and that I got this in a previous SC masking set with a bunch of others. My first reaction was that it was medium/heavily saturated in serum and also I took note to how oddly shaped these were in comparison to other masks. I'm not sure if this is something I just don't recall about SC eye masks but this is shaped like very sharp Nike swoosh. I honestly had a bit of trouble adjusting this to my under eye area because of how sharp the angle of these is, in the process I accidentally got a bit of serum in my eye. Oy vey πŸ˜‚Once I got these adjusted I noticed there was a lack of notable scent, almost like a light artificial cantaloupe-y scent if I had to describe it. Wear time was 15 minutes but in my regular fashion I kept these on for about 25 minutes. During wearing this, I did have a slight tingling sensation for only the slightest moment around the 10 minute mark. After that, the only sensation I felt was the wet serum against my skin. After taking these off, I noticed that it left behind a slight tack under my eyes. Overall, I felt a bit of added hydration afterwards and a half hour later I can still feel the slight tack. I think that these are decent eye masks, but they are certainly not worth $4/pair. They do not do anything revolutionary and I have eye gels/masks that work some wonder just around or even underneath that price point. These provide a slight level of hydration but I definitely don't feel like there is any difference in the way my under eye looks. This is a nice filler eye mask, I would definitely try these again if they came on hand but there's so much better products out there.

The scent actually sounds really nice!! @QueenMarceline 

@lmaster It was quite pleasant, probably my favorite part about this mask πŸ™‚

@QueenMarceline  Hmm good it wasn’t terrible but I’m sure there’s way better ones out there!!

@ather Most definitely. There's probably a reason I only own 1-2 Sephora eye masks in my stash.

@QueenMarceline, I forgot SC had a lotus variety in their mask line until I saw your post. I find the eye masks to be okay, more handy for travel than anything (and as you said, are best when picked up during a sale). That's so funny it had a cantaloupe scent. I can't say I've actually smelled a lotus flower, so I can't say for a fact that lotus flowers don't smell like cantaloupe πŸ˜†, but it's not what I would expect. πŸ˜‚

@itsfi Haha, it's honestly not what I expected at all. I think that's the best way I could describe the scent, I've also never smelled a lotus flower so it is quite possible that maybe they do smell a bit of cantaloupes? πŸ˜‚

Hahaha! @QueenMarceline, I have this feeling that if I come across a lotus flower, I will definitely stop to smell it - just to see if it bears any resemblance or contains any hints of cantaloupe! 🍈 πŸ˜†  I’m so intrigued now with what it smells like! 

@itsfi I'm googling it now! LOL! 

This is the info I could find (and there was little of it tbh): 

1) Rich, honeyed, dense floral aroma that is earthy and creamy sweet, with a spicy green top note, ripe fruit and coumarin-like undertones, and a tenacious, slightly spicy, deep earthy richness in the drydown.

2) Overall, lotus fragrance is generally described as "pleasant," "heady," "fruity," or "sweet."

3) Blue, pink and white varieties have a delicate perfume, which is soft, sweet and fruity, with a hint of anise. Its floral aspect is a quiet aquatic floral, majestic and regal, rather than lush sensual floral like ylang ylang or jasmine.

@QueenMarceline  I've tried a few of these and haven't really been to impressed with any of them. Sorry to hear these were underwhelming for you too. 

@Shosh85 Yeah, they are very "meh". But not the worst either. LOL!

@QueenMarceline These are the reviews I love... Not worth the 4$.  Noted, and Thank You!

@missjeanie You're very welcome πŸ™‚ There's amazing eye gels/masks for $2-4 a pair. Can't justify these when you look at it this way.

@QueenMarceline Thanks for sharing! It is good you are reaching for some older products! The scent sounds appealing! I have never tried the Sephora eye masks

@Mellmars1185 My Sephora Collection stash is kind of overwhelming. I used to buy multiples of their mask sets during VIB/holiday sales. πŸ˜Plus my friend works there and she would always gift me like 10-15 masks anytime I'd see her, which is super sweet but I feel like I'm drowning in my SC masks. I'll be pulling a few of these out this week πŸ™‚

@QueenMarceline You might as well use them! Hopefully they can get you through Feb and March! Can't wait to see what is next!

@Mellmars1185 I might do a face mask later tonight πŸ˜› πŸ˜‚

Absolutely love these Dior BACKSTAGE Eye Reviver Patches - sporty chic and a great way to stay hydrated! πŸ˜„

IMG-0435.jpg

Also, totally like the PERFECT eye mask for selfies? Methinks the answer is yes! 

IMG-0439.jpg

Have you tried them out? Super fun! 

IMG-0438.jpg

16 Replies
testing