Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@QueenMarceline You might as well use them! Hopefully they can get you through Feb and March! Can't wait to see what is next!

@Mellmars1185 I might do a face mask later tonight ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜‚

Absolutely love these Dior BACKSTAGE Eye Reviver Patches - sporty chic and a great way to stay hydrated! ๐Ÿ˜„

IMG-0435.jpg

Also, totally like the PERFECT eye mask for selfies? Methinks the answer is yes! 

IMG-0439.jpg

Have you tried them out? Super fun! 

IMG-0438.jpg

@Julessss14 yes!!! So chic 

@Julessss14  So fun!!

@Julessss14 - those look fun!

@Julessss14  These definitely look like fun ones! Happy to hear they work well for you too!

@Julessss14, I saw these eye gels online and had to turn away to avoid being tempted - the Dior logo does look chic on the patches and certainly pulls you in. How many uses do you think the tube of serum provides for? 

Maybe 4 to 5? Idk but luv the light lavender shade of packaging - itโ€™s very cute and we love a pastel! ๐Ÿ’•

@Julessss14 Noooooooooo... lol.  I was hoping people were going to be disappointed so I didn't feel like I needed to spend 40$  on two pairs of eye patches just to try them out.  

Ahahahaha itโ€™s a little bit of a splurgeโ€ฆ idk I just luv Dior so had to try! I think it boils down to 29/2 so like $15 or so a patch set. Maybe for a special occasion itโ€™s perfect โœจ 

@Julessss14 These eye masks look very fashionable! Great selfies!

Thank you! ๐Ÿ’•โœจ

@Julessss14 I would love to try these out ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for your review of this brand new product.

Couldnโ€™t resist the CD! ๐Ÿ’ฟโœจ Youโ€™re welcome!!! 

From last week, a bit of reverse:

57193F0F-0425-4FAF-93F4-E16BEB8EF9C0.jpeg

Spoiler
It is the FS that turned into a sample, with the Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacialโ„ข AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL. This peel is by and far my favorite for giving my skin extra-soft-to-the-touch texture. I had not used this since finishing my mini last year, so I applied a thin layer and set my timer to five minutes just to be safe. Holy tingling! I had forgotten just how potent this stuff was. It felt like one of these, only for my face ๐Ÿ˜ณA5303547-C769-465D-894E-FE1013C8B6B2.jpeg

I use this very sparingly, maybe one a month at most. When the sample showed up in the Rewards Bazaar, I was more than happy to pick it up, knowing that it will last me a few months. Amazingly, my skin was not irritated or red.

Next up was the Facetory Woah that H2O two-step sheet mask. This was recently reformulated, and although I know that I tried the first one, it did not stand out to me. The first step is an essence, which I think is a brilliant choice. I often use my Violette_Fr Boum-Boum Milk as a precursor to a sheet mask, to help my skin better drink up all those good ingredients. So this made me very happy, and prepped my skin for the sheet mask. I did not notice a scent, and found it easy to unfold and smooth over my face. It fit remarkably well, and adhered tightly. There was a little extra serum in the packet to pat on after about 10 minutes, and I left it on about 15 minutes longer before removing. There was minimal tack, and my skin felt adequately hydrated. This stood out much more that the original version, so kudos to Facetory for the improvements! And thank you dear @itsfi for last weekโ€™s theme ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

I picked up a couple DE as well! @eshoe and ohhhh yes,,, the tingling.... If only your image was not accurate ๐Ÿ˜‚

@lmaster yeah this mask is intense, isnโ€™t it? But the next morning, when I felt my cheeks, I remembered why I love this one so much ๐Ÿฅฐ

@eshoe 

The mask must just be available here; I didn't see this brand in S. Korea - I would have remembered the cute packaging.It sounds good. 

@nuinui933 that sounds about right. Facetory has slowly moved from selling other brands to now mainly in-house brand products. I havenโ€™t tried their skin care line but a few of their masks (like this one). 

It's nice to hear about a reformulation that improves the mask, @eshoe! I feel like too often we get reformulations that just don't work out as well (still side-eyeing you, Biobelle). 

12 Replies
testing