cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

34814C30-8453-4F11-B503-B8290A8D2FAB.gif

Welcome to the 2022 Mask of the Week Challenge! We love hearing about every masking experience, on or off-theme, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Fruits and Veggies Masks - a big thank you to @keana1 for this weekโ€™s nutritious theme๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ‘๐ŸŠ๐Ÿฅฆ๐ŸŒถ๐Ÿฅ—

Letters of the Month: Q - V

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge:
Current Thread (Archived Schedule Below)

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@missjeanie Yes! I'm super impressed. ๐Ÿ™‚ Makes me want to pick all TCS masks to try out ๐Ÿ™‚

LMAO... As someone who's been there... @QueenMarceline be careful!  You'll end up with a few hundred easy.  The 5 packs from TJMaxx are dangerous. 

@missjeanie Haha, I know that all too well... I'm almost looking forward to my no buy. Almost๐Ÿ˜‚

@QueenMarceline Super cute cat mask!! I hope you enjoyed your masking experience!

@Mellmars1185 I genuinely really enjoyed the kitty mask ๐Ÿ™‚ got a 3 pack of it on amazon before the no buy, hehe 

@QueenMarceline you make an adorable kitten ๐Ÿ˜บ glad you had great results and the scent sounds fabulous

@lmaster Haha, thank you so much! Now I absolutely have to try more of these gimmicky masks ๐Ÿ˜‚

@QueenMarceline I donโ€™t think there is such a thing as โ€˜too lateโ€™ here! 

Do you sleep with your hair masks on? I tend to do that and wonder if it gives my hair any added benefit. I used to use an Amika blow dryer with a negative/positive ion setting, one was for masks. Curious what your regular hair masking routine is all about๐Ÿค”

@eshoe Yes ๐Ÿ™‚ I try to do an overnight/whole day mask sleeping routine once a week. Honestly, my hair is ... a lot to deal with. I have natural curly hair that falls somewhere between a 2C and a 3A depending on the day. My hair is suuuuper sensitive to weather and I live in super dry environment in the winter and super humid environment in the winter (joyyyy). I use this mask as a conditioner most of the time as well as the amika Soulfood Nourishing Hair Mask (I think those two are honestly my go-to). I've been experimenting with some samples I have of the Living Proof Perfect Hair Dayยฎ Night Cap Overnight Perfector 4 oz/ 118 mL but the verdict is still out on that one (I try to really get a good feel for a product) but it dries down quite crunchy which I don't love. ๐Ÿ˜• 

@QueenMarceline, the print on TCS sheet mask is so cute! ๐Ÿ˜ป Glad to hear the results were good as well. 

@itsfi They're too cute, I just ordered a 3 pack of these on amazon.

A is for AM Piggyhead and anti-inflammatory from the lavender and chamomile extracts 
C for cute packaging

I found these masks when I was studying and working abroad last year. The material is soft and thin but holds a lot of essence but not so much that I felt like it was too much. The results were really nice - my skin felt lightly hydrated, with no stickiness or tackiness. It looked more even-toned too; my pores looked smaller and some of my redness was reduced. I'd like to repurchase this one but I haven't been able to find them anywhere here. I stayed with a host family for a part of my time and I may ask one of the girls if she can get a hold of a few of these for me.
ampiggyhead_blacktea.jpg

Winter mask routine (@missy94612)  & Sample turned purchase mask (@itsfi

I love this Glow Recipe watermelon sleeping mask - it smells yummy and does a nice job of softening and smoothing my skin while I sleep. I first tried a sample of it when it came out and have purchased travel and full sizes of this mask and will continue to repurchase it whenever I run out.

For masking routine in the winter, I start my routine when I get home from classes or work, which is clay mask of some kind, then a thin layer innisfree Green Tea Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Serum 2.7 oz/ 80 mL. A sheet mask is next on those days I use a sheet mask and a thin layer of my moisturizer - Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel or belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb. On certain nights when I need more hydration, mainly in the winter, then before I go to bed, I'll use this Glow Recipe Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask 2.7 oz/ 80 mL.  
glowrecipe_watermelonsleeping.jpg

@nuinui933 - the packaging is just too cute!

@eshores 

Super duper cute, right?!!

@nuinui933  Oh that Piggyhead mask sounds wonderful! It's hard to argue with cute packaging and great results! Hope you're able to track down more of them! ๐Ÿคž

@Shosh85 

I loved this mask! I have one other one to try - if that one gives good results too then I might need to hunt down this whole line. LOL.

@nuinui933 That piggy mask sure is C for Cute!  Isnt'that always the worst when you find one you love then can't find it anymore!

@missjeanie 

YES!!! It's a lesson learned for sure to not hoard my stuff - it's not just masks. If I had used them before I left, I probably would have packs of these with me. LOL. 

@nuinui933 the am piggy head mask packaging is so cute!! Darn it!! Wish they sold them online somewhere ๐Ÿ˜”

@lmaster 

IKR. I get why some tourists to S. Korea bring or buy empty suitcases to fill with skincare - there were so many sheet masks that I'd never seen before. 

That would be amazing lol @nuinui933 

1 Reply
testing