Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@quspork  I thought the warning was hilarious, though, apparently they didn't just write that on there to be funny. ๐Ÿ˜… I like how they added, "that's what bologna slices are for" ๐Ÿ˜‚

I'll be looking forward to reading your review!

@Shosh85  oh my goodness ๐Ÿคฃ that is too funny.

@AMK721  It was definitely a fun one! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 ROFL okay it does totally look like bologna on! I'm surprised to hear it was actually a decent mask, but I do agree 2 piece hydrogels especially can be hard to work with! I can't wait to try it!

@Kim888  It definitely turned out better than expected! Hydrogels aren't my favorite, but what else would you use to mimic bologna?๐Ÿ˜‚

Cant wait to hear what you think of it!

Hahaha @Shosh85. I absolutely loooove โ™ฅ๏ธ that you paired your masking sesh here with that sweater! ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผ Nicely done! ๐Ÿ˜† And the song selections with the review too are spot on! ๐ŸŽต 

The results from this mask sound good. Itโ€™s too bad about the slip on it - that seems to be a common shortcoming of most, if not all, hydrogel masks that Iโ€™ve tried.

The attention to detail on the packaging is great. I wonder if theyโ€™ll add a warning to their actual bologna packs to not wear the bologna slices? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi @quspork  Haha! I was wondering if anyone would notice! That was totally unintentional- I didn't even notice how well I coordinated until after I posted my selfie. ๐Ÿ˜‚

itsfi 

The packaging is great! They definitely got the marketing aspect down!

I was reading the reviews for this and was cracking up!...

Someone left a one star review because they were upset they couldn't eat it. ๐Ÿ˜† Another reviewer wrote, "I freshen up with one of these when I wake up looking like Leatherface on the outside but feeling like Buffalo Bill on the inside" ๐Ÿ˜‚

bahahaha @Shosh85! I love it even more knowing that you subconsciously chose to wear that sweatshirt on your bologna masking day. If ever there is a time to be so well coordinated, it's for bologna masking! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I saw the photo in the spoiler of the sheet mask and the details like the bite marks; when I saw your "Bite Me" sweatshirt, I just thought "Well done, Shosh! Well. Done!" ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Hahaha! A legendary masking selfie this shall be!

Those review sound fantastic! Love those comments!! ๐Ÿ’—

Oh my gosh, I totally missed the sweater on my read through, @itsfi @Shosh85 ๐Ÿคฃ LOL!

@Shosh85 This is too cute and funny! I was so curious to see when these started to arrive in the BIC-ers mail box and make it onto this thread. So glad that it worked out for you and I love the teeth mark touch they added, lol! ๐Ÿ˜‚

@QueenMarceline  I definitely liked it more than I thought it would! I love that they added the bite marks ๐Ÿ˜‚

I'm a bit late on posting since this was last night but hey, better late than never. Not completely on theme with everything this week, but my skin is still acting up so I decided to reach for my acne fighting mask. I usually don't like to do sheet masks  (face) unless I'm doing a wash day because I have a weird thing with "sheet mask serum being in my hair" and leaving residue, but oftentimes I forget to put one on by the time I hop in the tub. Tonight, I was doing a great hydrating hair mask for 12+ hours and my hair is already covered so I figured, what better time to throw a sheet mask on? Make sure to check the spoiler for my full get-up during this masking experience.๐Ÿ˜‚

This Week: Hydrating Heroes 

Letters of the Month:  A - E

The Creme Shop-Be Clear, Skin! Animated Kitten Mask with Acne Fighting Ingredients. 

IMG-2789.jpg

SheaMoisture-Intensive Hydration Hair Masque with Manuka Honey, African Rock Fig, Baobab Oil, Vitamin C & Mafura Oil

0.jpeg

My Thoughts:

Spoiler
IMG-2793.jpg

The Creme Shop-Be Clear, Skin! Sheet Mask:

I picked this up randomly at my local meijer during one of my sheet mask hauls and this one just felt like the "right" one to use. The feel of this is a classic sheet mask without a "waffle" texture, I think it's a bit thicker than your average sheet mask and also feels very soft against the skin. I do admit, while taking it out of it's sleeve I did struggle a bit to unwrap it and I probably would have ripped another sheet mask but because this one is thicker I was able to mangle it around to finally get it ready to put on. Instantly when taking it out of it's sleeve I noticed that it was very heavily saturated in serum and that the smell was very pleasant, more intense (but not overwhelming) and different than your "average" sheet mask smell. I would describe it as almost a bit of a fruity, (blue?) berry based type-of-scent. It surprised me, in a good way. I really got a great kick out of super cute design on the mask, I really couldn't help but smile and take a photo (and I'm really good at avoiding taking photos of myself ๐Ÿ˜‚). When I put this on I noticed it was a slightly bigger size than what I am used to but I actually enjoyed that especially around the mouth region where I feel like face masks never have a big enough mouth hole for my lips/mouth. The wear time I believe was ~20 minutes but I kept it on for much longer because it felt so incredibly comfortable on the skin. This is the one and only time I actually felt so relaxed that I almost dozed off for a bit with this face mask on, very impressive. After taking this off my skin honestly looked and felt so refreshed and glowy. I was starting to get skeptical about if this actually had any acne fighting effects despite it's great performance but I had the luxury of reviewing this face mask 24 hours after I used it. I will say the next day, I did see a slight difference in the appearance of the acne I had and specifically it had a great effect on reducing the inflammation associated with acne that I was dealing with on my chin. Honestly, I'm surprised by this one (in the best way)! I picked a bunch of these Creme Shop masks because of the gimmick-y cuteness and I was almost fooled into thinking this is a fantastic filler mask for giving skin some extra bounce and glow that happens to have a cute kitten design but I really do think it played a bit of a role in fighting some of the side effects of acne like redness and inflammation, which is nice. I'm going to definitely keep this one on hand and repurchase a few immediately before my official no buy month(s) start. Eeeeek

SheaMoisture-Intensive Hydration Hair Masque:
I want to start off by saying that this is one of my tried and true masks, I've been buying this for probably ~5 years and I love it. I oftentimes use it as a conditioner, that's not much I love this stuff. However, I also use this in it's intended ways as a nice 5-10 minute hair mask in the shower/tub and as a deep conditioner with a bit of heat applied. My favorite way to use this and the way I happened to use it yesterday is as a deep conditioning "long-term" treatment where I put this stuff on some wet hair and wrap my hair up then go about my day for 8-12 hours or even sleep in it. Then, wash out with my regular shampoo/conditioner treatment. I wore this mask for about 12 hours yesterday. This morning, my hair was so smooth, nourished and hydrated after I shampoo'd out this mask. The smell is very light (in comparison to most hair masks) but it still smells delicious! If I had to describe it, I'd say that the smell is a mix of figs, honey and coconut milk. I personally really enjoy this scent despite it not being my "my favorite scented mask" and I find that it delivering less of scented gut-punch is why I love reaching for this for my "long-term" hair treatments. I straightened my hair today (which is super rare) and I could tell the difference that this mask made, my straightener glided against my hair and it took significantly less heat and "go overs" to tame my very stubborn natural curls. I feel like sometimes when my hair is straightened it just feel more dry than anything and I know that's based on the very dry winter weather but I really feel like when I use this mask it restores hydration into my hair and I really did not have any of those issues. Before I straightened my hair (and in the way I typically use this mask by allowing my natural hair to air dry), my natural curls were definitely more bouncy, softer, less frizzy. This is a great mask at a great price point that's usually sold out everywhere, yet I still feel like this mask is so underrated. Not sure if I reviewed this on here before, but if I didn't here it is and if I did-oh well ๐Ÿ˜›

@QueenMarceline 

THe cat mask is so cute.

@nuinui933 Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ I had a ton of fun with it. Even ordered a 3-pack right after.

@QueenMarceline  Awe, such a cute kitty selfie! These both sound like winners! I'm happy they turned out so great for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 Thanks so much ๐Ÿ™‚ I just got the French Bulldog style and I'm super excited to try it out as well!

@QueenMarceline Super cute selfie!  I've picked up a bunch of the 'cute print' masks from TCS as well, don't think I've ever tried the kitty though.  Sounds like a real winner for you!

@missjeanie Yes! I'm super impressed. ๐Ÿ™‚ Makes me want to pick all TCS masks to try out ๐Ÿ™‚

LMAO... As someone who's been there... @QueenMarceline be careful!  You'll end up with a few hundred easy.  The 5 packs from TJMaxx are dangerous. 

@missjeanie Haha, I know that all too well... I'm almost looking forward to my no buy. Almost๐Ÿ˜‚

@QueenMarceline Super cute cat mask!! I hope you enjoyed your masking experience!

16 Replies
testing