Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

100% agree @quspork! I'm only bummed that I didn't discover them sooner. ๐Ÿ˜ Mediheal really is such a solid brand.

The combination of the Peach & Lily resurfacing mask and the YTTP overnight mask is a dream pairing for my skin. ๐Ÿ˜ 

C - sample - creamy + congestion + sample.jpg

Spoiler
This pairing hits all of this month's letters - A for AHA, B for BHA and Blue Agave, C for vitamin C and creamsicle scent, D for Dream Mask and dynamic duo, and E for evening masking - as well as last week's sample turned purchase theme.

I have the Peach & Lily Super Reboot Resurfacing Mask in multiple sizes - foil, deluxe sample, travel size, full size - and have gone through at least one full size jar and a host of DS / travel sized jars of this teal hued wash-off gel resurfacing treatment. This stuff works! I use it up to 3x per week (as a spot treatment for areas prone to clogged pores) in the summer when my skin is at its oiliest; and once every 2-3 weeks the rest of the year. It's good for detoxing the skin, clearing out pores, and making skin smooth. Here's the kicker though - some days, it tingles just a smidge; others it tingles a lot - it's not painful but occasionally, it can be very noticeable. I suspect that may have to do with the condition of my skin more than anything, but whether the mask tingles a little or a lot, the results are always the same - clearer, softer, smoother skin.

Youth To The People Mini Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 0.5 oz/ 1...  is a creamsicle scented, thick, rich, pale yellow hued cream that works its magic to plump, moisturize and hydrate skin overnight. It's a good one in the wintertime for most skin types, and great for those with dry or very dry skin for probably most of the year, except perhaps the peak of summer. I've been lucky to have picked up DS of the YTTP Superberry Mask on several occasions, as part of a gwp so I'm not in need of any backups at the moment, but when those promos are no more (and after I've made a dent in my sleeping mask collection), the YTTP is definitely a contender for repurchase. 

@itsfi - an orange creamsicle scented mask sounds decadent. I hear so many good things about this brand.

@eshores, it's hard to go wrong with a orange creamsicle scented item, in my mind, at least. ๐Ÿ˜‚ YTTP has some good products; some are too drying for me, but this line seems to cater more towards my dry skin.

@itsfi  This really does sound like the most perfect pairing! That YTTP mask is definitely a top favorite of mine and especially comes in handy during wintertime. The P&L mask has been on my radar for awhile now - I've heard good things about it!
Glad your skin was happy with this combo! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, I love that I can use the YTTP as a sleeping mask and a daytime moisturizer too. I know you're on a sheet mask 'no buy' but when you come off of it, you might want to check out the P&L site when they have a sale - they let you choose up to 2 foil samples with a purchase and I think the Reboot mask is usually an option.

@itsfi  Goid to know! I'll have to sign up for their emails! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Hmm, @itsfi, I suppose it is high time to try that P&L Resurfacing Mask! The YTTP is really enjoyable, a solid little sleeping maskโ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe, the Peach & Lily mask really does a lovely job of smoothing skin texture. Even though the concentrations of the acids is not as high as those found in other skincare products, I find it works just as effectively. ๐Ÿ‘ I just make sure to be extra mindful of what I've used on my skin before and after I reach for the P&L - having to deal with overexfoliation or a compromised skin barrier is not fun. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ 

@itsfi  

I tried a sample of the Peach & Lily and really liked it. It's also a sample turned purchase for me.

@nuinui933, yaaaay!! ๐Ÿ˜€ Isn't the P&L mask such a good one? It really does resurface the skin's texture.

@itsfi 

It is. I've seen a lot of improvement in how my skin feels since using it in my routine on a more regular schedule. ๐Ÿ’• Thanks so much for recommending it to me.

I love that super berry dream mask! @itsfi 

@sister13, it's TLC for dry skin year round but especially in the winter months. ๐Ÿ˜ Have you by any chance tried the cleanser or oil from their superberry line?

Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Oil with Squalane and Antioxidants 1 oz / 30 ml 

Youth To The People Superberry Dream Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL 

@itsfi Oooh, these both look super interesting. I'd love to try the Peach & Lily brand sometime. I've been really eyeing their brand since they appeared on the ULTA site and almost splurged during the 21 days sale but it was one of "my good days" on my low buy where the urge to resist a good deal was strong.

@QueenMarceline, those "good days" are helpful and necessasry to balance the "really not so good days." ๐Ÿ˜‚ This mask is often a part of Ulta's 21 Days so you should be able to catch it another time, or if Ulta has a promo with a DS of the mask. You might also be sign up for email notifications on the the Peach & Lily direct site; they curate some great sheet masks and have sales occasionally and you can often pick up a foil sample of the Reboot mask with a purchase.

@itsfi  Oh yes, those good days were much needed... especially considering my low buy is about to take a turn into a no buy.... ๐Ÿ˜ooooops. I'll definitely keep an eye out, thank you for the tip ๐Ÿ™‚ I'll try to snag it at some point it's on my "brands to try at ULTA" list. 

@QueenMarceline, hahaha! Low buy to no buy - that sounds familiar! Will you be working on a "no buy" next month?

@itsfi Yes, February is my no buy month. ๐Ÿ˜I'm like... extremely super un-excited about it ๐Ÿ˜‚

@QueenMarceline, lol. It will go by fast! I did a no-buy in February last year and it went better than I thought it would. ๐Ÿ˜‚ You got this!

@itsfi It's not just February... I think I'm going to do March too... I did really horrible in January. Matter of fact, I'm not too far from being VIB qualified ๐Ÿ˜and that's just at Sephora... let's not even talk about ULTA.

8 Replies
testing