Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@nuinui933, how adorable is the illustration on the packaging for that sheet mask?!!! ๐Ÿ˜ I could see myself picking up the mask for the packaging alone! It's great to hear that you got such great results from it as well. ๐Ÿ‘

@itsfi 

They're so fun. And this one is good too, so I'm hoping the other one works out the same. I wish I would have used them when I first picked them up - I would have bought a bunch.

@nuinui933. hahaha! That's such a good takeaway - I have a much smaller collection of sheet masks to work through and a mix of tried-and-true masks as well as newbie ones and it's still hard to keep up with, especially since it seems that sheet masks are getting discontinued with more frequency. That'll be fun to try another mask from this brand and line, and to hear your take on it. If you like them both, hopefully your friend in S. Korea can find them for you. 

@nuinui933 Wow that face sheet mask looks so interesting and super cute! What country did you find these in and stay abroad in? ๐Ÿ™‚ I've wanted to try the GLOW Sleeping mask for a while but I need to run through some of my other masks first ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline  

I was in S. Korea. It started with a semester and an internship and I was able to extend my internship so I was able to stay longer. The Glow Recipe watermelon sleeping mask is awesome! It lightly exfoliates and hydrates; not too much for my oily skin. In the summer, I just use it in place of a moisturizer on a few nights.

@nuinui933 Hoping you can find a way to get your hands on these more often ๐Ÿ™‚ I'm looking forward to trying the GLOW recipe soon!

Not really rinse offs, but they do soften! 

PXL_20220124_150345083.jpg

My niece gifted me a set of a bunch of Spa Life masks for the face, cuticles, hands, and feet for Christmas so I broke these out the other day. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by both. One kinda odd thing is that neither the hand masks nor the foot masks had seals with them, like other ones I've used. Usually there's that piece of tape or something to give you a snug fit and keep and serum from escaping, but these didn't have that. That said, they stayed in place perfectly and fit well enough that it didn't matter. The hand ones were especially moisturizing. After removal, it took a few minutes to get the remainder of the serum rubbed in, but they felt really nice afterwards. The foot "sockies" smelled amazing. You could definitely pick up the spearmint. I kept them on for some time underneath socks and they didn't dry out which was nice. Those gave me a nice added boost of hydration under some lotion as well. They probably don't rival my favorite Mediheal parrafin masks for hands and feet when it comes to overall moisturization and softness, but I would say these were on par with the Sephora Collection ones, so I'll happily use up the others I have. 

@quspork  What a sweet gift! These sound wonderful! These definitely come in handy when the weather gets colder and your skin needs a little more pampering ๐Ÿ™Œ

100%-- that extra skin pampering is more than needed this time of year. @Shosh85 

@quspork sounds lovely!! Moisturized and soft,, we all need more of that right now

Yes, absolutely, @lmaster, that extra moisturization is everything right now. 

@quspork first of all, happy birthday๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’

How sweet of your niece, you must be a pretty amazing aunt๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Thanks, @eshoe! I had a lovely day. ๐Ÿ™‚

@quspork  

These look really good.

Can't complain about their performance, @nuinui933. It's always nice to get a little extra moisturizing for the hands and feet this time of year! 

@quspork Awww so glad you loved this cute Christmas gift from your niece ๐Ÿ™‚ That foot mask looks especially fun to try 

I'd say it definitely lives up to its invigorating claim with its delightful minty scent, @QueenMarceline

@quspork Oh these look great!  Minty on the feet always just feels right for some reason and I bet cocoa butter during the winter feels great on parched hands!

Yes, both worked out really nicely, @missjeanie

@quspork, what a sweet gift from your niece. These SpaLife masks sound nice. I agree - there's nothing like the Mediheal paraffin hand and foot masks. I was hooked after one use. ๐Ÿ˜

I mean those Mediheals are just ::chef's kiss:: @itsfi 

2 Replies
testing