Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi  Oooh, I'm always excited to try new hair masks, and this one sounds wonderful! I added the set to my cart as soon as I read your review ๐Ÿ˜‚

I already got an online cart going at iHerb, so I might as well just add that sheet mask to it - it definitely sounds like something I'd like! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

ETA: @Shosh85, I donโ€™t know if your local Sephora stocks JVN but if so and you can get to a store, it might be best for you to see if youโ€™re okay with the scent on the hair mask. Itโ€™s not them overwhelming to me but it is on the stronger side. 

@itsfi  Oh, thanks for the heads up! It's definitely a good idea to do a sniff test first ๐Ÿ‘ƒ

@Shosh85, I was not expecting too much from the mask and was pleasantly surprised by it. It doesnโ€™t rise to the level of Etude House filler+ mask quality, but itโ€™s a mask Iโ€™d choose over other filler masks. Just be forewarned that the width is โ€ฆ wide. ๐Ÿ˜† Other than that, really good. I also liked that this one was nearly without a scent and that it has less that 20 ingredients. I know they have other โ€œflavorsโ€ - a Cica one and a rose one. I would be interested in trying one or both of those when it comes time to make another sheet mask haul. ๐Ÿ›’ 

@itsfi the hair mask sounds really interesting! glad you found something that works well for your hair!

@Kim888, I was surprised by the hair mask; really didnโ€™t think it would give my hair any fullness but it did, not a lot but more than I have. It doesnโ€™t break into my top 3 hair masks but it is up there. From the samples in this set, Iโ€™d repurchase the conditioner and this mask. 

Glad to hear the hair mask is working out nicely for you, @itsfi. That added fullness is a nice result to have! 

@quspork, yes it is! Especially on days when I don't feel like doing anything to my hair, which seems to be most days. ๐Ÿ˜„

@itsfi I love it when brands do sampler packs like the JVN as well.  I just added this one to my loves list for the next sale.  Love me a hair mask, especially one with rave reviews.  Is the packaging made of tin?  Or just a thicker plastic?

@missjeanie, the packaging for the hair products in this set (and their full size counterparts) are made of aluminum with plastic caps. 

Good to know @itsfi .  I'd never be able to get the last out in the shower... I think I have one of the metal key thingies I'd need to use.  

@missjeanie, yes, those tube keys really come in handy - hand cream, hair care and makeup products, toothpaste, etc. I have one from a Lโ€™Occitane set, and I just noticed that Sephora has put one out as well. 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Tube Key and Bottle Scraper Set 

@itsfi I have a couple of them stashed in a little candle jar in my medicine cabinet... they live with the little product spatulas that I can't ever seem to toss lol.  I think mine came with some of the Dr. Jart tubes of cream before they moved to plastic... maybe? lol

@missjeanie  Just wanted to butt in here and say that I bought two of those older tube versions of Dr. Jart from TJ Maxx and they both had the metal keys... I wonder if that's where you picked up yours? 

@Shosh85 I don't remember for sure, but I may have.  I know I'm working on a plastic tube of the Ceramidin now and my backup is plastic as well.  I mayyyybe have a few too many moisturizers going (along with everything else).  I do remember getting Dr. Jart masks there at one point for sure.  I still have a few of the nose pore "biore" type patches from TJ's to go through yet.  Gosh that's almost two years old now.... yikes.  Maybe I should be doing less shopping and more 'project panning'/'low buy' ing. 

Oh yes, the cream comes with a tube key! Love both the Dr Jart Ceramidin ๐Ÿ’› and Cicapair ๐Ÿ’š lines @missjeanie! โ™ฅ๏ธ Other than those creepy baby face modeling masks, most of their skincare products work well for me. 

Bahahahah I still have one of those creepy baby face masks left to do @itsfi , it's in the do it soon pile, just because of the amount of space it takes up for one mask.  Such a weird marketing decision.  

@missjeanie, oh, to be a fly on the wall in that room when they QCโ€™ed the packaging prototype. Who was the one who said โ€œohhh yes, marvelous! Even better than we imagined.โ€ ๐Ÿ˜ณ And everyone else chiming in โ€œyes!โ€ โ€œLuuuuv it!โ€ โ€œNo one will have anything like it.โ€ ๐Ÿคช I know everyone has different tastes and aesthetics, but this one was truly โ€ฆ baffling. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ 

With that marketing I thought my face was going to revert back to that of a toddler @itsfi alas... no.  Not even a 5 year rewind lol

Lol @missjeanie! I havenโ€™t really seen those masks in stores for a while now, other than an occasional sighting at TJ Maxx. There were a few of them on the shelves the last time I was in TJM, maybe 9-10+ months ago. I quickly turned the cup so that only the name of the product was displayed. No one needs to be perusing the shelves and find themselves staring at a creepy baby face. Weโ€™re all dealing with enough as it is. ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi The hero we all need in trying times! lol.  Crap... just started snowing here again... my front yard is already between 5 and 7 deep depending on what part of the yard.  I'll take scary baby face over having to go out and do the snowplowing again today lol.  Do you remember if some of their hydrogel masks had the baby face as well?  I feel like I've had some of those as well before?  

1 Reply
testing