Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

For sure @Mellmars1185 I was hoping to sneak it in so I could post a review.  It was nice... but not 7$ a mask nice. At least not for me. 

Ahhhh!!! I'm so happy for you @missjeanie! You were a trooper working through that 10.0.6 mask. It must feel so good to have worked through that entire bottle. Woohoo!!!!๐Ÿ˜ You should give the Sara Happ a try as a foot mask, just to use up some more of it. ๐Ÿคฃ I seriously thought of every angle for repurposing that mask. ๐Ÿ‘ฃ

@itsfi I've never felt the kind of joy and relief at finishing a mask as I did with the 10-0-6! lol.  I'm so confused how that clay lip mask ever made it past testing phases.  

@missjeanie, yeah, you and me both. I loved their lemonade lip scrub (the original in the jar). If I were to hazard a guess, the popularity of their lip scrubs and the hole in the clay lip mask space probably created an opportunity for it; I'm sure the pink color had some cache for some and presented a marketing hook that was fun and would appeal to many. It just did not work for my lips.

@itsfi Im all for good marketing and a bit of a gimmick... but I suspect we're in the majority with a 'huh?' lol

C is for Cream

IMG_20220119_211609711.jpg

• This was a medium thickness sheet
  • It fit pretty good, needed snipped in the corner of your eyes, otherwise great!
  • Somewhat chunky white cream for the "serum"
  • I did use all the extra in the package to apply directly to my face and then placed the sheet on, I didn't feel like the mask had the cream saturated on the sheet
  • I left it on for 20 minutes
  • After removing, there's no tackiness, my skin felt so nourished and moisturized!! 
  • I would love to have more of these as back ups!!IMG_20220119_211617449.jpg

โ€ƒ

@lmaster 

I love a good cream serum mask!

@missy94612 I've really enjoyed them also

@lmaster Kudos to you for trying this one, it is at the top of my โ€˜gross masksโ€™ list. You are a true skincare trooper!

@eshoe you're so funny!! I could see how it may be gross to some ๐Ÿ˜‚

@lmaster  I've wanted to try this one for awhile - I've only ever heard good things about it! It sounds great! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I know you would thoroughly love this one!! @Shosh85 

This one is so good for helping winter skin, @lmaster! I do think you're right about needing to grab the extra cream out of the packet since the mask doesn't seem to absorb as much as it could, but overall it's a nice mask. 

@quspork oh it definitely gave my skin the much needed moisture!! 

I love this mask @lmaster๐Ÿ’– My skin just drinks in the goodness; and that litle animated Elizavecca piggy in a donkey costume in the corner is just so cute!

@itsfi we love our animals don't we ๐Ÿ˜Š I used every bit of the cream from the package,, it was so nice to have moisturized skin for longer than an hour 

@lmaster I giggled all through reading this!  I must have the mind of a 16 year old boy.  From the name of the mask to the 'chunky white cream serum.  I actually think I've tried this one before, did I have this reaction then?  Who knows.  I must be in a mood lol.  I am however glad that the mask that gave me the giggles gave you some fantastic results!  

@missjeanie I tend to do the same with certain names and words ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

@lmaster Sounds like a great masking experience! Those donkey ears are super cute!

@Mellmars1185 they are so cute huh!! Marketing can just take hold of me ๐Ÿคฃ

@lmaster OOOOH, this looks like such a fun mask to try ๐Ÿ™‚ so happy it worked out for you. I'm loving that crowned donkey on the packaging, that definitely caught my eye. ๐Ÿ˜‚

3 Replies
testing