Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe  Just ordered one! I broke my no-buy for this ๐Ÿ˜‚

@Shosh85 this is most definitely worth it ๐Ÿคฃ I searched for a bologna gif, but they were all a little ๐Ÿคข I am sure looking forward to April, though!

@eshoe  Haha! I found some gifs of kids with bologna on their faces, but they're kind of terrifying ๐Ÿ˜‚ This one isn't so bad ๐Ÿ‘‡

339859EA-A140-42F0-9476-80B8B0F9EF4B.gif

Also, my order says the estimated delivery will be March 12 - April 1...... can't wait ๐Ÿ˜†

Yes @Shosh85 - some of them are truly terrifying๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ yours is at least cute!

I Checked and my date has been pushed up to February 18th, hoping everyone finds the same๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ

Thanks for the tag, @eshoe ! Just ordered one.

Yay @txcatx! If they arrive by April 1st, it will be the best April Foolโ€™s Day present ever.

@eshoe Lol cannot wait to see you review that! ๐Ÿ˜‚

@QueenMarceline I cannot wait to try it. This is the mask highlight of the year for me๐Ÿ˜‚

@itsfi Boo hoo not in Canada ๐Ÿ˜ญ!

I can't wait to live the Oscar Meyer Mask experiences vicariously through all of you โ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ

**Edit** I was able to sign into Amazon.com instead of Amazon.ca. But the shipping is more expensive than the mask. If i try adding more to my cart, the shipping increases. I can't justify but I would have loved to try it with you!!

Oh nooooo @Mellmars1185! Maybe that will change? Hopefully?

A for apple (lip balm), B for by:Our, C for calming and color (green), E for exfoliating (lip scrub), and a sample sleeping mask that will become a future purchase once there's more space in my stash of sleeping masks. 
C - calming + sample.jpg

Sheet Mask
Spoiler
I am not generally a fan of mud masks in sheet mask form; I prefer them as a rinse-off mask. Would the by: Our Calming Green Mud Mask, a 2-piece, mint-hued, ultra-soft, thin, gauze-patterned mud sheet mask, change my mind? 

Both the adherence and fit of this mask were great! The mask clung to my skin without feeling sticky and to my surprise, was less messy than I thought. Fit was perfection and as a result, my concerns about getting the clay mud in my hair were for naught. The openings for the eyes and mouth were wide enough and the material had a pliability to it that allowed me to adjust those areas easily so that all parts of the sheet rested beautifully against my skin. Ahhhh...

The one challenge, and this will be the case for folks with combo skin, is that the material covering the dry or dehydrated parts of my face started drying up earlier than the oilier parts of my face. Hardly a deal breaker but something to keep in mind in terms of wear time. I suppose a fix for that could be to apply a slice / point mask on top of the mud mask over the drier parts of the face. Will have to give that hack a try the next time I use this mask or another one from the line - and, yes, there will be a next time, as I was quite pleased with the results. I felt like the kaolin clay absorbed some oil from the oilier parts of my face without drying out the drier parts of my face. I was also very happy to see that the mud from the mask appeared to have dried out a pesky little zitso much so that two days later, the only trace of the little bugger is the PIH left behind, but the discoloration can be concealed for videoconferences and diminished with trusty vitamin C and niacinamide serums. 

This mask has changed my mind about mud masks in sheet mask form; or, better stated, it has made me less resistant to using them. Although I don't see myself immediately scouring the internet to find more mud masks in sheet mask form, I have added this mask to my list of masks I would repurchase. Additionally, I've included the other mud mask in this line to my list of masks to try next (read: to buy next). 
Sleeping Mask
Spoiler
My feelings about the WLDKAT. Starflower + Snow Mushroom Ultra-Hydrating Overnight Mask remain the same as when I first reviewed it - the rich, unscented, cream-gel has a unique spongy bounce to it. The product melts easily upon contact with the warmth of the skin, emulsifying into a lightweight, silky, smooth, moisturizing lotion, nourishing the skin overnight, and leaving it looking and feeling hydrated and moisturized the next morning. The only down side to this sleeping mask as far as I'm concerned is that it took me so long to get to it. A full size will make its way here once I work my way throguh a few more sleeping masks.
Lip Care
Spoiler
The medium sized sugar granules in the lightly rose-scented Henne Organics Rose Diamond Lip Exfoliator are paaaaacked in the jar; that, together with the drier consistency of the exfoliator, makes it a bit of a challenge to scoop, but that's what a mini spatula is for. The granules begin to melt and emulsify as you massage them onto the lips, leaving them feeling and looking more soft and smooth

I followed up this masking session with the Seraphine Botanicals Apple + Baume Glow Glow Lip Mask, a thicker leaning, emollient balm that melts into an oil from the warmth of the lips. It has a light but delicious apple scent and a pinky-red tint coming out of the tube (but that tint doesn't really show up on my lips). This is great to wear day and night as it coats and nourishes the lips, making them soft and moisturized.

@itsfi 

I think I need this.

lol @nuinui933! This was a really nice one - and that's coming from someone who is not typically a fan of mud sheet masks. There are 4 other varieties and they look good, especially the 2 newest additions to the line. 

@itsfi 

I looked it up on google after your post and decided on the green and pink masks. A couple of my housemates may pick up the other colors.

@nuinui933, when you get to using them, let us know what you think of them. Our skin types are different, but it would be good to hear how you find them. I suspect you use clay masks more often than I do and I'll be curious to get your take on these.

@itsfi Okay.. this was quite an interesting review for me!  I've been weary of the clay sheet masks as well.  I found that while I was glad to have tried them... Mud masks just made more sense in a tub.  I found in the past they just didn't lay well to form to the contours of my face.  Mayyyyybe I should try a few more before I solidify my 'not for me' opinion?

Now.... Lets talk about this WLDKAT sleeping mask that both you and @Shosh85 have deemed worthy of a full size purchase?  Where might one find this brand?  I'm going to need to add this to my Dior Houndstooth mission for the weekend.  

@missjeanie, yeaaahhh, I was rather surprised when I saw this mask in my drawer. I mean, I remembered picking it up when I went through my masks but I was surprised that I actually purchased a mud sheet mask. Not even sure what went through my mind when I did pick it up, but in light of the results, I'm happy I talked myself into purchasing it. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Do you remember which mud sheet masks you've tried before? 

Hahaha! I chuckled at your 'not for me' category for sheet masks. I feel like I've sorta changed my tune (emphasis on the "sorta") from a hard "not for me" on a couple of different types of mask in the last six months or so. Let's go with 'not for me' masks but put an asteriks at the end of it? That seems like it would provide some flexibility. ๐Ÿคฃ 

@Shosh85  and I picked up the WLDKAT. sleeping mask as a gwp promo at Ulta (I winced when I wrote that because I know their plans to open stores in Canada is delayed and I remembered your points may be expiring soon). Utla carries the full size and a travel size, the latter of which is pretty generously portioned. You can also find WLDKAT at Credo Beauty in store and online, but I'm not sure whether they ship internationally. I included some swatches of the sleeping mask in the spoiler. Sorry, should have included it in the original post.

WLDKAT. Sleeping Mask Swatches

Spoiler
WLDKAT 1.jpg
WLDKAT 2.jpg
WLDKAT 3.jpg

@itsfi I'm trying to think of the mud sheet mask I used... I want to say it had a little character on it that may have looked like a South Park character? on top of the envelope, with a green or maybe pink background?  All that to say I don't remember, but may recognize it if I were to see it lol.  I think even though I'm in a 'use it up' mode, I've discovered which kind of masks really tickle me... I like softer sheets or bio gel, and I like moisturizing/hydrating formulas for the most part, toss in some snail juice and I'm a happy gal.  But... I do think going back and keeping a few different things in the stash is fun and handy at times when my skin decides to rebel from it's normal dry state.  I'm now promising to give a mud sheet mask another go.  Maybe not right away... but at some point.  

I went down a little rabbit hole last night pondering the WLDKAT.  Credo doesn't deliver to Canada, and yes... so sad on the Ulta front.  Though that lead me down the news articles to find that I can cross into the US since I'm fully vaccinated, I just need to get a PCR test done in the US and then return to Canada within 24 hours of both taking the test and getting the results.  Sounds like in my area there are a few places that will do the PCR, just can't guarantee timing.  Then.... I can't go into work for at least two weeks.  The tricky part would be timing it out so that I could stay in the US and get tests done but cross at a time based on those results.  Points expire March 31.... so I may or may not try to time it out yet.  But back to the mask... turns out ASOS UK has it and does ship to Canada.  I've never ordered from them before... but I mean... last week I'd never online ordered from Gucci or Chanel either!  Need to peruse their other brands to see if I want to make it a worthwhile order!  I figure if you guys love it... I might need to try it!

@missjeanie, now I'm going to be thinking about which mud sheet mask you tried. I should refresh my memory of South Park characters. Hahaha! I've not ordered from ASOS UK, but I have ordered from the US site. That was years ago and I don't recall any issues. Looks like the US site also carries WLDKAT. and ships to Canada too? Hmmm.... okay, okay, not enabling, not enabling. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

@itsfi Oh at this point no enabling needed... just time.  I'll end up with it... just gotta see which sites are the least hoops to jump though for customs lol

Okay... did a google search and found the mask... maybe it doesn't look like a South Park character. lol

shopping.jpeg

@missjeanie, oh yes, I have tried that line of mud masks - that green one and the black one. I Think they worked for some folks but for me, they were just "meh".

3 Replies
testing