Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Mellmars1185, thank you! I learned about mud sheet masks much later into my sheet mask days and have only tried a handful, maybe half a dozen. They can be messy, and some brands are more dry than others. This is probably my favorite of all the ones I've used. Patchology also makes a good one, I recall. 

0119222136.jpg

โ€ƒB is for Blue, used this lil gem the other night

Fit? Great. It had a mesh sort of backing to help you maneuver the very thin mask on your face

Smell? Faint but clean/perfumey

Consistency?serum was clear & on the thicker side. Wouldn't call it gel but I didn't have any troubles with it dripping

Ease of use?awesome. I used this when I was in bed & had it on for the recommended 20 min. Couldve went longer it was so saturated. I put it on my neck after to continue to work its magic

Would I  purchase/try again

? It left my face feeling soft & nicely hydrated. I think this would be a good one to use during all seasons for me & my oily skin, if I need to balance out my face. For others, it may be not quite as special but I REALLY enjoyed this one. ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

This one sounds lovely, @sonnydee! I'm glad to hear it worked out nicely for you. 

@sonnydee  I really enjoyed this one too! I have dry skin and it worked well for me - though, it was summertime when I tried it. Now that wintertime has pretty much hit here, I'll have to pull one out soon and see how it does. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Happy to hear it's a winner for you!

@sonnydee, makes me happy to hear this was a good sheet mask for oily skin. ๐Ÿ˜€ As much as I love a milky, creamy saturated sheet mask most of the year, I know that can be too much for those with oily skin, and for me too when my skin leans more combo in the summer. Making a note of it.-

(This one is not on theme for this week, sorry) Letters: A-E

A is for Antioxidants and Aloe Vera

C is for Chamomile and Cucumber

G is for Green Tea

E is for Earth Therapeutics and for Eye Patches

unnamed.jpeg

ps. Please forgive my mani (or lack thereof). ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚

My Thoughts:

Spoiler
This is yet another hydrogel patch, I got this on a whim in one of my December hauls because they were BOGO and I love my eye patches. These are comparable to the SKYN Iceland Gels in consistency in the sense they they also have an outer dry layer and an inner "sticker" with the hydrogel infused serum pressing against the eye. However, despite being comparable they are much thinner and do not stick to the face as well as the SKYN Iceland hydrogels. The cooling effect and consistency against the skin is very similar (albeit thinner and more flimsy) but the SKYN Iceland hydrogels are definitely more intense with the cooling sensation. 

I will say, I absolutely adore the scent on these. It's not overpowering of perfume-y (which I personally don't like on my eyes/in my skin care). This has a very light and natural scent, it's quite lovely. I definitely am picking up the green tea and cucumber within this. The smell was one of the highlights of using this mask. The wear time states 30 minutes but I was in a rush so I'd say that I go about ~20-25 minutes of wear time total. My under eyes did feel very hydrated and soft throughout the day but I did not see any "miracle" effect that changed the looked of my under eyes after using this but it did leave a hydrating effect and per instructions you're supposed to use this mask multiple times per week to see effects (allegedly, of course). I honestly like them, I'll definitely use up this little pack of them and honestly might repurchase these from time to time (mostly for the scent). Overall I give them a solid B.

@QueenMarceline  These sound really nice! The SKYN ones are definitely tough to beat!

@Shosh85 They really are, such an "oldie but goodie" type of product for me ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline, the key ingredients noted on these under eye gels sound really good. How often do you use under eye patches in your skincare routine?

@itsfi Honestly ideally almost everyday (and on special occasions/when I feel like it even twice a day-morning and night). I'd say on average 5 times a week, in the morning is the go-to. ๐Ÿ™‚ I usually use the hydrogels from SKYN Iceland which I've already reviewed but I've been cracking open the ones that are individually wrapped. I have a couple "jars" of patches too. Recently got some from Florence by Mills that are in a jar and shaped like whales. Cannot wait to review those.

@QueenMarceline, good for you for using them regularly. Impressive. ๐Ÿ˜ I go through phases with the under eye gel patches and currently, it's the forgetting-to-use-them or being-too-tired-to-use-them phase. I'll have to put them where they are more within my reach, and my line-of-sight.

Ohhhh, the Florence by Mills under eye gels are soooo cute! ๐Ÿณ

@itsfi Thank you, they really perk me up in the morning. My eyes always feel so dry/heavy when I first wake up so usually eye drops and eye gels are my go to in order to combat that ๐Ÿ™‚ I'm very excited to try those cute little whale ones. I actually just bought some eye gels (and 1-2 other sheet-style masks) from various places that I was placing non-beauty orders with. I'll probably post them soon in the January hauls ๐Ÿ™‚

This is a sample turned purchase mask.

freeman detoxifyig mud mask.JPG

Freeman Detoxifying Mud Mask 
PROS: gives my skin a deep clean.

CONS: can be drying, even for my oilier skin so following up with a moisturizer is highly recommended.

REPURCHASE: Yes, I already have. I had a couple of samples of this from some Ulta gwp gift bags last year and liked it enough to buy a full size. 

@erikarosenim 

I like this mud mask. Freeman has some good masks, affordable too.

@erikarosenim I have a bunch of freeman mask samples from a secret santa gift I got. I can't wait to try it out ๐Ÿ™‚

@erikarosenim  I haven't tried this one yet, but I have liked a couple others from the brand. I think they're pretty decent masks for the price! Happy to hear this one works well for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@erikarosenim, yay for finding a repurchase-worthy detox mask! ๐Ÿ˜€

For the sample turned purchase theme, I'm going to go with Drunk Elephant F-Balmโ„ข Electrolyte Waterfacial Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL  which I find soothing and moisturizing. However, on days when my skin is on the extra dry side, I do reach for other products. Or I'll layer this mask over an oil. 

21366430-CA5E-4C7E-86EF-23A3F67BCE1F.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@txcatx  I haven't tried this one yet, but I do love a lot of DE products. Glad to hear you've been enjoying this one!

I'm glad this one has worked out well for you, @txcatx! I wish I had liked it a bit better when I tried it, but it's always fun to see when others have a better experience with something. 

@txcatx Oh I've always wondered if I'd like this.  I do enjoy a lot of DE products, can't remember why I hadn't picked this up to try.  Mayyyyybe I'll add it to my loves for the spring sale lol

4 Replies
testing