Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@erikarosenim, yay for finding a repurchase-worthy detox mask! ๐Ÿ˜€

For the sample turned purchase theme, I'm going to go with Drunk Elephant F-Balmโ„ข Electrolyte Waterfacial Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL  which I find soothing and moisturizing. However, on days when my skin is on the extra dry side, I do reach for other products. Or I'll layer this mask over an oil. 

21366430-CA5E-4C7E-86EF-23A3F67BCE1F.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@txcatx  I haven't tried this one yet, but I do love a lot of DE products. Glad to hear you've been enjoying this one!

I'm glad this one has worked out well for you, @txcatx! I wish I had liked it a bit better when I tried it, but it's always fun to see when others have a better experience with something. 

@txcatx Oh I've always wondered if I'd like this.  I do enjoy a lot of DE products, can't remember why I hadn't picked this up to try.  Mayyyyybe I'll add it to my loves for the spring sale lol

@missjeanie After I finished the deluxe sample bottle, I immediately added it to my list for the last Sephora F&F sale! It was a great product for me when I first started using a prescription retinoid and my skin was extra sensitive and dry.

@txcatx, itโ€™s great when a sample turns into a loved product. I wasnโ€™t able to make the DE waterfacial mask work for me especially in the cooler months, but did find that it performed nicely as a follow up to DE Framboos in spring and summer. 

@txcatx this is a fave of mine as well! one of my favorite ways to use it is over a more sticky serum or moisturizer. It just has a way of locking everything in!

@txcatx  You must have really enjoyed this mask! How does this compare to the LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask with Squalane 2.3 oz/ 70 mL 

@Mellmars1185 the texture is different! The laneige has that sort of gel like quality to it, but the DE is more of a light creamy texture. I find the DE one more hydrating!

@Kim888 Ooh, thanks for the info. I was curious about the Laneige mask, but my skin needs all the moisture it can get right now, so I'll wait until spring/summer to try the Laneige mask.

@Mellmars1185 I haven't tried anything from Laneige, but I've always wanted to get one of the lip masks!

B58B7EBD-9334-44E3-B19D-75E522C8B6A4.jpeg

This is a real thing, I hear? Guessing (hoping) it has a clean, fresh scent. Looks like it might be two pieces, that sounds positive!

5F82BB91-B17B-4219-9877-8E0F0BD988CB.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@eshoe, the lighthearted whimsical side of this is hilarious. My first thought was โ€œI hope it doesnโ€™t smell like bolognaโ€ - maybe itโ€™ll have that signature sheet mask scent. With the popularity of this first release, I wonder if theyโ€™ll put out a variety pack - a bologna mask, a cotto salami one, chopped ham! Well, I know what I will pair my mask with if I pick up a mask. ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi it really is brilliant. I read that it is part of their strategy to get their name in front of people; what a great way to do it. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall during this meeting! And yummy, a charcuterie pairing of masks and munchies sounds delicious ๐Ÿ˜‹

@eshoe Someone needs to try it, idk why but it grosses me out LOL so it won't be me. However, someone has to... ๐Ÿ˜œ

@QueenMarceline I am guessing it has no scent, and I think we all need to try it. I just hope I can catch it if it comes back in stock!

@eshoe What?! Omg, I'm speechless. Someone please get this and report back on results.

It sold out, @txcatx, and I am beside myself. Someone needs to try this. They picked the perfect medium and it is no wonder it went OOS so fast.

OMG I WANT THIS, @eshoe. This brings back so many memories of lunches from when I was a child. ๐Ÿคฃ

@quspork you and me BOTH! I will be checking it to see if it comes back in stock (they say it will within a few days). PLEASE tag me if you see it, and I will do likewise. 

3 Replies
testing