Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s very helpful to know the expiration date before purchasing @Shosh85. I wish more businesses would provide that information up front, without a request to do so. Or, Iโ€™ve also seen some retailers identify the expiration date if a product is marked down or the expiration is 12-18 months from the purchase date. I assume if itโ€™s significantly marked down that the expiry date is coming up, but it matters to me to know whether that date is 2 months away versus 4 or 6+.

@itsfi 

That Vitamin C mask sounds divine. I will need to hunt that down. 

Yes about that steam eye masks. Thank you for introducing them to me. My husband and I loved the ones you sent and have since stocked up ourselves - my husband packs a few for work travel and has paid it forward as you say, including getting some of his team members hooked on them. They are wonderful.

@missy94612, I think you'd like the Missha Vitamin C mask - it feels very nice and comforting, and the results are great. I wanted to use another one today, but I was able to exercise some restraint. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Ahhhh, I love it! That's awesome that your husband has steered others to the steam eye masks - they are sooooo good! Can't be without them. Love that your husband is so invested in masking with you; that's fantastic, and really sweet. Do you both have a particular version / scent of the steam eye masks that you like?

@itsfi 

Sometimes I think he's into the masking more than I am. The lavender is my favorite - very relaxing and calming. My husband likes the lavender one and the lemon one.

@itsfi  

Those steam eye masks are amazing! I've only tried the lavender and citrus ones but they are superb.

@elleb810, they are amazing, aren't they? ๐Ÿ’ž It's been some time since I've used the lavender scented ones. I usually have a box of the unscented and the yuzu version in the house, and then whichever of other scents I find on sale. ๐Ÿ˜ 

@itsfi That Missha mask sound like a dream!  I'm also going to need to check my Innisfree balms now... the ones I haven't used in a good 6 months lol... here's hoping they're still good!

A dream is right, @missjeanie! ๐Ÿฅฐ I really enjoyed this one; itโ€™s one of the best vitamin C masks Iโ€™ve used. ๐Ÿ’›

@itsfi I finally just tried a Missha cc/bb/foundation this summer and loved it.  I'm curious to explore more of the brand.  I may or may not have a few masks in the cart thanks to your review!

Ooooh, which BB/CC cream of theirs did you love @missjeanie?

Missha has some great skincare products. I've only used a couple of their sheet masks. I have tried several of the sheet masks from its sister company, A'Pieu and those have been good too. 

@itsfi I'm a fan of lighter coverage bases in general but I find with this one I can really build up or leave it quite sheer depending on what I want that day.  I won't even front.... I have WAYYYY too many bases open right now, I feel like I'd like to use some up to get below 15 by the end of the year, but if I do happen to finish this one, I'll be re-ordering.  Great price, great shade match, great coverage, great SPF.  It's been a great intro to the brand.  I did't even realize they were owned by the same company as Apieu.  Good to know!

Spoiler
IMG_1866.jpg

@missjeanie @itsfi 

I had no idea either. I saw a set of Apieu masks - the packaging was adorable - it looked like flavored milk cartons. ๐Ÿ˜ Have either of you tried any of those?

@elleb810 I have!  I think I've tried, regular milk, strawberry and chocolate?  I might have a banana in my stash as well!  I honestly don't even remember what I thought of them, it has to have been at least two years ago now that I tried them.  @itsfi Keeps waaaaay better records than I do... because I don't lol.  @Shosh85 I feel like I've seen you use the milk carton masks?  

Great memory @missjeanie! I have actually tried all of them! The banana one is my most favorite ๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ˜‹  @elleb810 

Agree @Shosh85, the banana milk version was / is the best of the bunch for me too. Love the scent on it and the results (moisturized skin) too. ๐ŸŒ @missjeanie @elleb810 

@Shosh85 I was 95% sure you did a run down of which ones were favourites.  Do you remember if they had a scent to them?  

@missjeanie @elleb810 

This was my take on the scents:

• Banana: Imitation banana - reminded me of banana runts 
  • White Milk: Not much of a scent, maybe typical sheet mask smell
  • Strawberry: Sort of a mix of strawberry milk and floral. It was too strong for me and gave me a slight headache.
  • Chocolate: Clean and fresh
  • Coconut: Dish soap
  • Coffee: light coffee scent that seemed a little off - not the best coffee scent but fine.
  • Green Tea: A mix of green tea and something else - maybe floral? - but green tea stood out the most

Thanks for the tag @missjeanie! @Shosh85, I am bookmarking your post. I've contemplated picking up and going through these masks again - both to see what I think of them now and also to revisit the scents on them. @elleb810, if you can get your hands on a set, that's a great way to try them out. I picked up the various flavors at different times and some were closer to their expiration date than others. My most recent thoughts on these masks (and it goes back a couple of years, or maybe more) are:

๐ŸŒBanana Milk Sheet Mask - best of the line, both for its scent and results. I agree with Shosh, it smells like banana candy, which is to say, it smells so good! ๐Ÿ˜ 

๐Ÿฅฅ Coconut Milk Sheet Mask - I couldn't pick up a scent from this one

โ˜•Coffee Milk Sheet Mask - I picked up more of a chocolate / cocoa scent from this one than actual coffee, which was a huge letdown because I love the smell of coffee. 

๐ŸซChocolate Milk Sheet Mask - sadly, my nose didn't pick up any chocolate scent from this one; it had a fresh and clean scent like what I consider to be a generic signature sheet mask scent

๐ŸตGreen Tea Milk Sheet Mask - this had a light, green tea scent to it

๐Ÿฅ›Milk Sheet Mask - the scent on this one was a light, fresh lotion fragrance

๐Ÿ“ Strawberry Milk Sheet Mask - this had an artificial scent to it, reminded me of the sugary sweet strawberry Qwik powder drink mix from my childhood  

My recollection is that I liked the banana and green tea versions best and the coconut and strawberry versions the least.

@itsfi  Yeah, I'd definitely like to try the whole line again soon! I'm mostly curious if I'll still have the same opinion on scent.... I especially want to smell the coconut one again - I laughed at my note saying that it smelled like dish soap. ๐Ÿ˜‚

ETA: Also, I agree with your rankings. Banana is my most favorite, followed by Green Tea. The Strawberry and Coconut ones are my least favorite 

@Shosh85, when I read that - "dish soap" - my first thought was "maybe it's better you didn't smell anything, Fi." ๐Ÿ˜‚ Then, I wondered if I just blocked the scent out of my memory and went with not detecting a scent instead. Ha! As I'm writing this, I can see myself going for the coconut milk mask first ... just to see if it has an eau de dish soap smell to it. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Yes!!! @Shosh85 I feel like I bought the Banana one to use based on this list.  I still have it in my stash!  Okay now I want to say bugger the FIFO thing I've got going and pull it up!  Maybe I'll slip it in on the weekend for some masking fun!

11 Replies
testing