Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@missjeanie  Yes! I agree with @itsfi! Gotta take a break and slip a fun one in there! ๐ŸŒ

@Shosh85 @itsfi Okay... lol when I grab my first coffee of the day I'll have to go through and find the milk mask and see what I've actually got stashed away.

@missjeanie, alright, as it stands, you, Shosh and I seem to be on board with a brief intermission in FIFO masking. Cโ€™mon banana milk sheet mask! ๐ŸŒ 

@missjeanie, my vote would be to slip that banana milk sheet mask into your current rotation of masks. Itโ€™ll be a nice way to mix it up a bit! @Shosh85 

@missjeanie, ohh, I'm so glad to see that they have the No. 22 shade in that BB cream line; I'll have to look for it ... errrr, when it comes time to picking up another BB cream. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ It looks like they redesigned the packaging too. I've been liking the Missha Cho Bo Yang BB Cream โฌ‡๏ธ

Spoiler
Photo from yesstyle (dot) comPhoto from yesstyle (dot) com

I can make 23 work in the summer and 21 in the peak of winter, and have been mixing them for the in between seasons, though I did find a No. 22 in this line as well. Hmmm... makes me wonder if Missha started including a No. 22 in all their base collections - no complaints here if that's the case. 

Okay, now that we've caught up on Missha BB creams, let's talk about that pretty pretty grey polish! ๐Ÿ˜ Love that shade! ๐Ÿ’…

@itsfi The grey is from Gelmoments.  I got hooked on their line during the pandemic.  It's 100% a MLM but their polishes are great for me who chips regular polish way to quick to make it worthwhile.  This one is London Grey I think. I'm thinking of swapping to Navy this weekend lol

@missjeanie, itโ€™s such a pretty grey! Oooh, navy would be beautiful; I love a good navy polish. ๐Ÿ’™ A navy and grey mani is also a nice polish pairing. ๐Ÿ’…๐Ÿผ Ahhhh, itโ€™s a gel polish. I shall live vicariously through you. I have not advanced to gel nails yet. Maybe one day. For now, Iโ€™m just an old school gal when it comes to my nails. ๐Ÿ˜† 

Lol... @itsfi  there isn't much by way of 'skill' going on here.  I pretty much just do a single polish on each nail and call it a day.  I like that they dry super fast and I get at least week out of them.  

@missjeanie, do you need to cure it under an UV light?

@itsfi Yes.  The one I have takes about 45 seconds.  I'm not super into the idea... I wonder how the UV light will affect my skin and the chances of developing a skin cancer.  For now since I'm doing it every few weeks I'm trying to be extra vigilant on my SPF on my hands if I'm going outside at all (thank you Canada and your cold wintery ways combined with WFH allowing me stay inside like a hermit) lol.  I do take big chunks of time off as well... but it is something I should look more into.

@missjeanie, do you have gloves you wear when curing your nails? Like these ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿผ

Spoiler
7775F73B-C5E2-446C-8819-D56E9A157DA1.jpeg

The UV exposure is one thing I havenโ€™t looked into too much about gel nails. Iโ€™ve passed on them in the past because Iโ€™ve heard that it can weaken your nails and mine do that all on their own, whether or not I have on polish. ๐Ÿ˜” Then again, Iโ€™ve also heard that gel have strengthened othersโ€™ nails. Like so many things, it depends. 

@itsfi I don't wear them.  I've seen them online and thought about it, but haven't taken the plunge yet.  I find the gel nails actually allow my natural nails to stay stronger.  I have longer nails to start with, and always have, but I've always been prone to random breaks simply because I'm not careful with them.  With the gel polish on, I never get breaks anymore.  I do remember having them done in a salon in the past where the manicurist would take a Dremel like tool to my nails and grind them to make them rougher for the polish to adhere... but I just don't do that when I do my own. 

@missjeanie, that's good intel. Maybe if I get to a place when my nails are and stay on the longer side, I will consider it. These short little stubs do their best to not break, split, tear, etc. despite my being more careless with them than I should be.

@itsfi Well it looks like next time I order I'll have to give this one a go too!  The 22 has been perfect for me, though in the middle of the summer I was adding some bronzer to match my body fake tan.  I would easily order the same shade and be good to go.  Oh I'm excited for a new order now!  I just checked out Stylevanna where I have a cart going and they have the version you posted in a 22, though it specifically says 'new version' and the photo swaps to an updated packaging.  Maybe I'll need to do an order for a St. Patricks day self gift!

Love the idea of a St. Pattyโ€™s Day gift to self @missjeanie! โ™ฅ๏ธ Have you ordered from Stylvana before? Iโ€™ve only placed one order and I had heard from a few people that they take a long time to process and ship your order. And that was true. I didnโ€™t receive my order for almost 2 months.

I know Yesstyle lists the approximate ship times on its products and they note that if an order has a combination of different ship dates, your order ships once all items are ready. Stylevana didnโ€™t have any of those notices (or maybe I missed them). That said, you may want to order now to ensure your St Pattyโ€™s Day gift ๐Ÿ€ ๐ŸŽ arrives on time. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@itsfi I've ordered from Stylevanna twice now.  They carry my favourite SPF at the moment and I've found a few good deals here or there.  The first order took what felt like forever and then for the second order I made sure to only pick items that they had in stock.  It was much better on that one, though still a few weeks.  I think so long as I know that going in, I don't mind as much.  The fact that I don't actually NEED anything makes it a little easier to wait lol.  

@missjeanie, the up side of the wait for a Stylevana order is that itโ€™s like a surprise treat when it arrives. I had forgotten about it. At first, I thought โ€œuh oh, what did I buy?โ€ Then it was โ€œooh, a โ€œsurpriseโ€ of sorts.โ€ ๐Ÿ˜† Mine did include restocks of some hard to find sheet masks so I was happy when they arrived. 

Oh, your favorite SPF? Do tell, please. 

@itsfi Finding other sheet masks that I'd either seen on the thread or found to be completely new was also a bonus with their site.  I have a mini haul of sheet masks from them that I've got set aside for after I work through some of these older masks.... Once I'm done everything that expired in 2020 lol.  

I really really like the Skin Aqua tone up UV essence SPF 50+PA++++.  I just finished off the Sunprise from Etude House but find it can make my eyes water if I'm not careful.  The Skin Aqua I can just slap on.  It's moisturizing and wears really well under make up.  I have both the Violet and Green tints, but I'm not totally convinced the tints do much.  I'm going to re-order these, but will pick a few new ones to try as well.

Spoiler
IMG_1867.jpg

@missjeanie, oh, these are from the same brand that manufactures the Hada Labo skincare products - niiice! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Are these chemical or physical sunscreens? I have a feeling they may be chemical filters but I couldnโ€™t find an INCI list or any info on that. 

Sorry to hear about the Etude House Sunprise irritating your eyes. Thatโ€™s my favorite SPF, though I still like trying other sunscreens that come out on the market. SPF, sheet masks, lip balms, foundations, nail polish, shoes, handbags, โ€ฆ okay, Iโ€™m sensing a pattern here. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi As far as I know they're a combo product.  I had looked up a list of ingredients last summer when I re-ordered,  I can't vouch for how perfect the list is as it's from a third party site though.   I did quite like the Etude House on my skin, it was just that I had to be very careful around the eyes.  Since I use these first thing in the morning when I'm not quite as awake as I could be, I prefer just being able to slap them on. The tubes do come in a little plastic bag that has info on it... but I have no idea what it says.  

Spoiler
IMG_1868.jpgIMG_1869.jpgthis is for the violet versionthis is for the violet version

Shoes eh... I haven't delved into some fun shoes in a few years.... Maybe I need to peruse a bit!

Thank you @missjeanie! ๐Ÿค— I saw the photos and hadn't scrolled down to the end and thought "hmmm, she doesn't know I don't read (or speak for that matter) Japanese." Hahaha! Then I saw the English translation you included - thank you! It seems like a lot of sunscreens are going the hybrid route, with a mix of chemical and physical filters. 

I shopped for shoes, handbags, clothes more pre-covid. Other than some sweatshirts and a coat, I haven't purchased clothes since February 2019. I picked up a pair of sneakers, running shoes, boots and flats last year but that was it. When I went back to the office more regularly, there was a bit of a learning curve to wear heels again. lol.

9 Replies
testing