Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@missjeanie  It's always so disappointing to fall in love with a mask you know you'll probably never see again. I only see it on one site and they're in Korea ๐Ÿ™

This one sounds so nice, @Shosh85, it's such a shame that it's (probably) discontinued. Sigh, why must the brands keep doing this to us?! ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜†

@quspork  Right? It happens waaay to often! ๐Ÿ˜•

Oh yes! The ingredients are what stands out, @Shosh85 glad you loved it, we know it is probably discontinued bc of that ๐Ÿ™„

@lmaster  Exactly, and the masks I don't care for will live on forever ๐Ÿ˜

The best masks always seem to get discontinued @Shosh85! But this sounds amazing - super hydrating and no tack is the best combo!

@Kim888  Yup, it was wonderful..... so it only makes sense that it'd be discontinued ๐Ÿ™

@Shosh85 did I count nine ingredients? That is pretty unique. I will have to keep an eye out for that one, although my TJ Maxx has not been getting many masks in lately at all. Lots of the Dr. Jart, but not much else๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

@eshoe  The shorter ingredient lists are definitely always more appealing to me!

The last time I was at TJ Maxx they had tons of Dr. Jart and The Creme Shop. I haven't been in too recently though, because I'm on a sheet mask no-buy and I just don't have any self control when I'm in there - so I've banned myself until I'm off my no-buy ๐Ÿ˜‚

A sheet mask no-buy, @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜ฌ For how long? Are you trying to finish an abundance of masks? I am so curious!

@eshoe  Yup, I just have waay too many masks. I haven't really put an exact date on it - I'm thinking around June. I have been masking daily, so I'm hoping by then I'll have made a good sized dent. When I do buy more, I'll probably only limit myself to masks that expire in two years, at least for a little while. I just reorganized my masks by expiration and realized that I have quite a few that expire within the first half of this year, so I'm just trying to focus on those right now. 

Ah, thatโ€™s a great strategy, @Shosh85. I have been toying with organizing my masks differently this year, maybe I should try that. I found a couple from 2020 recently and had no major issues with them, but I donโ€™t want to repeat that. Plus, it sounds like a fun project โ˜บ๏ธ

@Shosh85 Nice mask! Any tips on how you prevent sheet masks from sliding down your face when wearing? I find that mine always slides down unless i lay down.

@Mellmars1185  I'm always up walking around when I mask and I don't usually have an issue with them sliding down, unless it's a hydrogel - and if anyone has any tips on how to keep a hydrogel from sliding around I'd like to hear them ๐Ÿ˜‚  

Have you had this issue with all the masks you've worn, or just certain ones? The thickness of the mask material, the type of serum and/or the fit could have something to do with movement/sliding.
Also, I wouldn't recommend doing jumping jacks or yoga with a mask on ๐Ÿ˜…

Yes the Sephora masks slide down on me. Maybe it is my face shape? It has been a while since I hqve done one because I always have this happen. I recently purchased some other ones off Amazon and i will test out if I have the same issue.

@Mellmars1185 

Do the masks extend pass the chin on you? Normally I'll just tuck the extra length under my chin, but sometimes I'll cut it off if it's too long or if it feels like it's weighing the mask down. Also, I'm sure you're doing this already, but make sure the mask is completely pressed and sealed against your face - adherence issues can also cause a mask to move around more.    I'll be interested to hear if you have better luck with the ones from Amazon!

@Shosh85 Thanks for the tip! I am going to do a sheet mask this weekend and I will report my experience with it. I was honestly discouraged from using them because of that issue so lately I have been using wash off masks. I am going to use these tips when I try it !

@Shosh85, the  INCI list on this one looks wonderful, both its brevity and that water is not the first ingredient listed. Birch juice (aka betula juice - ooh, another alphabet theme, B) is a great hydrator - love that it makes up almost half of the ingredients! โ™ฅ๏ธ

@itsfi  Yup, those are the two reasons I talked myself into picking this one up! A mask that doesn't have water listed as the first ingredient is pretty unique ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I guess A is for Acne??

Like many other comments I'm seeing, I've been in the process of getting rid of old masks that I don't use anymore. One that I did happen to keep, and am forcing myself to keep using, is the Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Acne Treatment Mask! It doesn't really fit the A-E bill, but it's all I've got right now! I don't particularly need help fighting acne, but there's something so purifying about following up a long, hot bath with a sulfur mask. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Now, let's see how long I can go without ordering some of the masks that you've all been posting! I'm keeping my eyes peeled for some hydrating and redness-reducing wonders. โญโญโญ

@Yeahsureok I've not tried that one yet! 

1 Reply
testing