Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@quspork  I agree, those Tosowoong masks are great! This blueberry one is a favorite for me too, along with the honey one! ๐Ÿซ ๐Ÿฏ

Yes, the honey is another good one, @Shosh85!

Catching up from last week, with @missy94612โ€™s Masking Routine: Winter /Spring theme. It all centers around one thingโ€ฆ

63D5E5D2-9444-43AA-8CA9-E2AF612CDB41.jpeg

Spoiler
Just like I wear my clothes in winter, my skin benefits from layering. Lots and lots of it! My masking habits donโ€™t change too much, although I tend to reach for hydrating masks more often than not. But afterward, I like to pile on the layers before heading off to sleep. I give my cheeks an extra dose with facial oil, even in the morning. Otherwise, my foundation and blush can appear patchy. 

Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask 
Biossance Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Firming Oil 1.01 oz / 30 mL 
Tatcha Indigo Overnight Repair Serum in Cream Treatment 1.7 / 50 
La Mer The Renewal Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL 
Glow Recipe Avocado Fine Line Eye Cream with Retinol 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

Thank you for the fun new theme for this year, Missy94612! it has been helpful to read everyoneโ€™s tips and thoughts, and I am already looking forward to the next โ€˜editionโ€™ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผโ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe  Yes! Love the layers! I think the colder it gets the more layers I add! 

Me too, @Shosh85 - although the cold isnโ€™t what it used to be! Do you have a draw full of sweaters that havenโ€™t been used in a couple of years? My layers keep getting thinner and thinner. Except for in old skiing photos as a kid, only the biggest and bulkiest pants and coats were available, I guessโ›ท๐Ÿ˜

@eshoe  

what a lovely routine. I've been learning about the benefits of layering.

Thank you for providing the inspiration, @missy94612! Its so easy to get into a habit of just doing and not thinking about it. You encouraged me to step back and take a better look at what I am doing, and why I am doing it ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

@eshoe 

Layering skincare is such a great approach - it's a hallmark of a Kbeauty routine like hydrating sheet masks, as I've learned from some Kbeauty influencers like the Glow Recipe gals and YT'ers like Gothamista and from some savvy skincare savants on BIC like @quspork and @itsfi

Awwww, thank you @elleb810; that's so kind of you to say. ๐Ÿ’“ My skin has definitely been helped by the many of the principles that are at the heart of Korean beauty / skincare concepts. Very happy to hear that they are working out for you as well. 

@elleb810 I owe a lot to others here on BIC! There are so many techniques/tips I have learned here, and it has always been a positive experience.

Aw thanks, @elleb810. I swear the K-beauty concepts with light hydrating layers really saved my skin. 

@quspork @elleb810, I wholeheartedly second this. My skin has gone through a couple of rough patches over the years (okay, more than a couple) but going back to Kbeauty concepts has been instrumental in setting my skin back on the right course. My routine(s) look different from time to time based on what my skin needs and the current conditions but reverting back to what I've learned about Kbeauty principles has always been a good base for my skincare resets. 

@eshoe It is so true about layering ! My skin is just drinking up all of the product. I am guessing it creates a good barrier. I used to think layering would irritate my skin but its actually working well with rhe right combination of product.

You make such an excellent point, @Mellmars1185; the right combination is key! I have accomplished the opposite (last week) and it resulted in a bright red face. Lesson learned. Too many citrus extracts = very unhappy skin.

@eshoe I never thought of it as layering skincare just like clothes but you're bang on!  

@missjeanie I think thatโ€™s why extra-cozy masks feel especially wonderful right now, too. I have been using a lot of familiar-to-me favorites that are just that lately. I have a couple of charcoal ones I need to use, those tend to be some of the softest!

@eshoe yes!! To layer and layer ๐Ÿ™Œ

Lots of TL(ayering)C this time of year, @lmaster๐Ÿ˜‰

Looks nice and hydrating @eshoe ! 

@Kim888 they certainly help!

D is for Dewytree and Deep and E is for Enzyme ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

A91C1ADB-27AB-4879-A777-AE843128F56B.jpeg

Spoiler

Dewytree Minimal Deep Green Enzyme Mask

Material: Lime-green, medium thickness cotton

Serum: Clear and watery

Scent: Not really any scent, maybe just a typical sheet mask smell

Fit: About an inch too long at the chin. Super comfortable to wear

Wear Time: Half hour

Tack: None

Results: Super soft and smooth skin that was comfortably hydrated and moisturized.

Repurchase? Yes, I would! Though, it has become really hard to find (I found this one at TJ Maxx,) so I think it may be discontinued soon if it hasn't already.
Love the short ingredient list!

Ingredients:
C459D1E2-BF70-4A66-A92B-553B40E9ADFA.jpeg

1 Reply
testing