Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

That sounds like me @txcatx. Hold on to it until it expires, then discover it in a drawer๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Thank you, I went to a ceramic store yesterday and picked up some pieces to chalk/paint. It was the first one I finished. I canโ€™t keep real ones alive, but as long as I donโ€™t break this one, I have a monstera in the house, ha!

What a nice evening of masking, @eshoe. It's a shame the fragrance of the Chanel is so overwhelming, but I think your "spot treatment" idea is a good way to work around that. The Lohas mask sounds really nice too!

@quspork you win some, you lose some! I guess as a spot treatment, it will last a lot longer, too. Always a bright spot;)

quspork_0-1642613236938.gif

@eshoe That's a plus! 

I love that gif, @quspork ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜

@eshoe I must note the photo of the chanel mask is definitely visually appealing ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you, @lmaster. I was happy to remember to take a photo while it was still fresh!

@eshoe @Thank you for the tag and sharing your thoughts! Itโ€™s disappointing to hear the fragrance was so heavy; luxury brands coming from fashion brands always seem to do that! It sounds like itโ€™s not special enough to overcome that!

@Kim888 excellent point. I noticed that in the Clรฉ de Peau 24k Gold Infused Face Mask. When it is too strong to properly enjoy, itโ€™s just not worth it.

@eshoe Oh perfect timing on your Chanel mask review!  I have been taking it in and out of my cart for a few days after peeking around on their site for the tinted lip balms.  While I think the texture looks AMMMMAZING.... I think I'll skip it and just be happy using up what I have.  The more fragranced masks of late haven't been my jam.  Now that Milky Glow though.....

@missjeanie if the scent was not so strong, I would say go for it. But it is more than just a little fragrance. I even noticed on my cheeks last night after removing it and applying the next couple of steps of skincare and sheet mask๐Ÿ˜ณ 

The Milky Glow was a major ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—

I think at that rate I'm better off just buying a fragrance from the brand @eshoe !  I did order from them direct for the balm and am kind of curious how their shipping is.  I know it's silly... but I don't often order from new places.  I'm a creature of habit lol

Which balm did you get, @missjeanie? Chanelโ€™s packaging is beautiful๐Ÿคฉ

I honestly don't even remember which one I ended up landing on @eshoe .  It was one of the new spring collection. 

Ha ha @missjeanie well I hope you enjoy it, nonetheless!

@eshoe Thank you for those lovely and in depth reviews! ๐Ÿ™‚ The Glow Recipe mask seems amazing, I love retinol and would love to try it (along with some other products from their brand). I think based on your review I'll skip the chanel mask, I have great hydrating masks for probably fractions of the price and I love perfume but definitely not the scent of it in my masks. Sounds like it could definitely be the perfect thing for someone else (my sister would love this), but definitely not for me. I love this thread, gives you such a better perspective of if the masking product is the right fit for you. ๐Ÿ™‚

Ha @QueenMarceline yes this thread has helped steer my masking decisions more often than once or twice!

So I feel like I'm on a 'use up masks' binge with a bunch of older ones that aren't as interesting to me.  I kinda saved a few days up and figured I'd just do em on one post.  It was a pretty busy last few days at work and at home, so I didn't get in as much as I wanted, I'd had a body mask and a foot one that I was going to do, but time got away from me.  Always next week!

Spoiler
-The beige Oozoo injection mask was okay.  It wasn't super saturated and I could tell that it was drying out.  I had it on for about 10 minutes and called it.  I really do have to say that I like the fabric on these masks.  I do remember that when they were saturated they were a good mask and the serum that I did get was nice.  No tack to speak of and my skin soaked up the serum really well.
-The Leaders Brightening Recovery mask was nice.  Good fit on the material, lots of serum that was almost a bit jelly like... not quite... but almost.  I don't remember a scent so if it had one... it could't have been much.  My skin did feel really nice after a full half hour and I put skincare on right after so I don't know about tack.  I can't say that my skin was necessarily brighter after use, but it was well hydrated and felt nice. 
-The Pink Oozoo injection mask was the last of these ones I had in my stash and honestly when I took it out I figured I should probably just 'inject' the serum into my hands to apply that way.  Turns out... that would have been a better idea.  I did it as per directions and injected into the mask packet.... it wasn't enough to saturate the mask and when I tried to put it on my face it only stuck for about 30 seconds.  Again, great mask material, very soft.  I wouldn't say don't buy these... just make sure they're fresh and that you use them quickly. 
-The Leaders Aquaringer was nice.  I used it right away when the Pink Oozoo was a dud.  It also had a thicker serum... not quite jelly, but close.  I had the mask on for about 30 minutes and the tensil mask was still able to go another 5 or so I'm sure.  My skin was nicely hydrated and though I can't say it looked brighter, it did look a lot better and feel like I looked a bit more awake after a busy couple days. I'd use this again.  But to be frank... it feels... utilitarian?  I mean... I know masks should be, they're there to do a job, but I think I like more fun in my masks?  Give me a little marketing and fun packaging! lol. I say after I say the injection masks were gimmicky. lol
-Tony Moly Master Lab Hyaluronic Acid mask was a good one for post shower/pre bed time skincare.  Mask material was just fine... I really need to start looking at what materials they are on the pack before I toss em into the empties.  The serum was a full liquid on this one and it held nicely in the mask on my face for 35 minutes give or take.  No tackiness at all after removal and massaging in of the serum left on my face.  My skin did feel hydrated and I think... knock on wood... that I'm finally starting to get the hang of the higher % retinol.  

My Masking routine varies a lot these days.  Pre Pandemic... I would come home from work, remove make up, do a wash off mask, shower, do a sheet mask, then move in with skincare (treatment serum of acid or tretinoin, oil, moisturizer) then right before bed, I would do a hydrating spray, sleeping mask and lip mask.  Currently I'm in a work from home situation where I don't need to be on camera most days so my routine is drastically different.  When I get up, I use a 'hydrating wash off'. I use quote marks because the one I'm using right now... it's so past mediocre I can't even describe it anymore.  After I wash that off I go in with a sheet mask.  Then I'll do my AM skincare, hydrating serum, oil, moisturizer mixed with a 'glowing' primer, then SPF.  A lot of days I'm not doing make up if I'm just around the house and then will cleanse my skin before I go in with my PM routine after a shower (I shower at night... too lazy to wake up earlier than I absolutely need to) So I do my tretinoin, a retinol oil on my decollate and neck, body lotion, face oil, facial moisturizer and then right before bed, sleeping mask and lip mask.  Right now I can get in two a day masking by inserting a mask right after my night shower, but if I go back to in office work (not sure when that'll happen as we're currently in a 'lockdown' where I am... I do work for the government so there's zero skirting the rules) I suspect I'll be back to more of my old pre-pandemic routine.  My skin sure is grateful I'm able to dedicate a bit more time to it this winter though!

IMG_1810.jpgIMG_1857.jpg

@missjeanie  Good job using up the older masks! I recently reorganized my masks and am currently doing the same thing as you. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Too bad one was dried up, but one dud out of all these isn't so bad!

Ya... @Shosh85 It was certainly time to get them organized a bit better.  I'm thinking these ones with the 'injection port' just maybe weren't as well sealed around that opening? Ah well.  On to others now! Did you find a lot of older masks?  I had a few that were marked 2019! 

@missjeanie  Surprisingly, I only had 1 mask from 2020, a couple that expired at the end of 2021 and a handful that expired/expires this month. 
I've gone back and forth between organizing by expiration and organizing alphabetically, so I think because I went through the dates not that long ago, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

testing