cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

34814C30-8453-4F11-B503-B8290A8D2FAB.gif

Welcome to the 2022 Mask of the Week Challenge! We love hearing about every masking experience, on or off-theme, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Fruits and Veggies Masks - a big thank you to @keana1 for this week’s nutritious themeπŸ“πŸ₯‘πŸŠπŸ₯¦πŸŒΆπŸ₯—

Letters of the Month: Q - V

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge:
Current Thread (Archived Schedule Below)

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

Excellent strategy @missjeanieπŸ‘ I'm trying to be very good about my list for the next sale too, and not just add anything and everything that catches my eye. I will try to be more selective. Ahem, just to be clear, the key word there is "try". πŸ˜‚

Lol... I suspect we'll see some fun goodies in your cart come spring @itsfi !

@missjeanie, I will do my best to pick up β€œa few” fun treats. πŸ˜† 

@itsfi thanks for the review on the new SC Peel Mask!  I've been curious about them since they appeared on the site.

@CookieGirl1, I saw these peels on the Sephora site when I was up in the middle of the night and I was intrigued - things are always so much more intriguing in the middle of the night. πŸ˜‚ I did wait untilt the next day to purchase it, after first removing the other two peels from the line, as well as some other items from my shopping cart. lol. No regrets on the purchase - I like that it's on the gentle side; it's nice to have options when it comes the strength of peels. I mean, I like strong peels, but sometimes, my skin does not! 

Thanks for your thoughts on the new SC peel mask, @itsfi. I was curious about the orange version when it first popped up and will probably try to pick it up at some point. Those types of masks can be tricky as far as sensitivities sometimes but I'm glad to hear you didn't get any stinging or tingling with it- that's a definite plus! 

@quspork, I was surprised, and happily so, that I didn't feel any tingling or stinging from this peel. I've been particularly sensitive under my eyes and around the upper cheekbones of late so I was expecting to feel something. Nope. That made me very happy. I debated over the papaya and the orange scent and ended up picking the papaya because I have less skincare products with papaya in it. Not the most scientific approach to selecting a peel but results-wise, it turned out just fine. πŸ˜‚ 

Ha, I totally understand that picking process, @itsfi --- it's one I often use myself! 

@quspork, we just like to put in a little extra thought when it comes to our selections, right?! πŸ˜ If (or when) you pick up the orange one, I am definitely interested in hearing your thoughts on it. 

Absolutely, @itsfi. I might try to hold off and see if Sephora does another 30% off SC products during the April sale (since lord knows I don't really need anything between now and then), but I'll definitely keep you updated! 

Hahaha @quspork, I can relate to that. Between the fall sale and the year end bargain blitzes, I'm set with my skincare. They're trickling in so that helps to curb any desire for additional purchases. πŸ˜‰ That 30% off Sephora Collection products is a great deal! Would love it if they brought that back. β€οΈ

@itsfi I actually adore the after-sun watermelon mask. It's one of my all time favorites, especially on a hot tropical vacation. I haven't tried the watermelon eye masks but would love to give them a go πŸ™‚

Agree @QueenMarceline! I like both the original and the "clean" version of the watermelon after sun mask; one of my favorite masks. πŸ‰ I haven't tried using it after a hot tropical vacation but I would be on board with doing that ... for research purposes. I have the sheet mask, I just need to get that hot tropical vacation to happen. πŸ˜‚

@itsfi Ugh, it's honestly my absolute favorite for that purpose but I admit I've used it even in the wintertime because it's that lovely and I always keep at least 3-5 of these on hand. I've taken this thing to Vegas, Florida, California, Jamaica, the Dominican Republic and the US Virgin Islands with me over the years (mostly pre-C-word lol). It's truly seen some sights with me, I hope they never let this thing go off their mask line at Sephora Collection. Highly recommend, my fair skin absolutely adores this stuff. It was one of the first things I wrote about when i got back into writing reviews. I'll copy/paste it below in case you or anyone else is interested.

My review of the SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Watermelon After Sun Mask 1 Mask :

Spoiler
The Good: This is hands-down my favorite face mask created by Sephora Collection by a long shot (and I used to quite enjoy the SC sheet masks that are seemingly now discontinued, so this is a big compliment). I'd trade all of those discontinued old masks for this one mask any day. I don't even know how/why I first got my hands on one of these but I remember packing a couple of these to my tropical 10-day vacation and BOY, were they a god send. I burn very easily in intense sun even when I apply/re-apply sunscreen. Having red, hot-to-the-touch skin after a day out in the sun has always been the norm for me. During my vacation I decided this was the perfect time to use one of these and oh my god was it an instant relief. Not only that, the redness subsided instantly and it stopped my face from turning into that "2nd day sunburn" that everyone knows and hates. This mask is not your typical sheet mask, it's not a "sheet" mask at all since there is no material/sheet to it, it's more of the texture of those cell-infused jelly-like masks. There's also a chest mask which is super handy because that's another major problem area for getting sun damage. These have been my go-to for any kind of travel or sun activity for at least 3/4 years. Most recently I used it in July after being in 107 degree Las Vegas weather during the hottest parts of the day and it also helped add some moisture back to my skin that was sucked out by the desert heat on top of subduing my pain/redness.

The Bad: The jelly-like texture mask can be tricky to put on/navigate your first time around. It's much more delicate than a sheet mask and can rip/stick to itself if not handled with gentle care.

The Ugly: If this mask also gets discontinued I will hold a protest at my local Sephora with picket signs and everything. You have been warned, Sephora... don't you even think about it! πŸ˜›

@QueenMarceline, if they discontinue this mask, I will cry. Let me rephrase that, if they discontinue this mask (and I learn of that before it goes out of stock), I will go on a shopping spree for this mask and pick up as many as I can - online, in store. πŸ› And then when there is no more to be picked up, I will cry. πŸ˜… It really is such a great mask; there's at least one that lives in my skincare first aid kit. Gotta have one on hand at all times. 

@itsfi @QueenMarceline 

You ladies crack me up. My husband asked me what was so funny and I told him but all he heard, or actually misheard, was that the watermelon biocelllulose masks were going to be discontinued and he sorta panicked - lol. He really likes that mask - sometimes I think he may like masking more than I do. After he figured out they are still in stock, he commented that it was a good idea you two had to stock up if they do get discontinued and said that we should consider doing the same. πŸ€£

@missy94612 Hahah! That's funny, hopefully that mask never goes away. Let's not even speak that into existence.

@itsfi Haha! I'm with ya there, sister. πŸ˜‚Which reminds me... let me throw a couple (hundred) of these bad boys in my "VIB SALE" cart. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Lol @QueenMarceline! I stocked up when the original Dr Jart Ceramidin sheet mask was reformulated. That kept my skin happy for months. Learned my lesson after a couple of my all time favorite sheet masks were discontinued. πŸ˜” 

@itsfi Honestly, I feel like a ton of amazing products are being either discontinued or reformulated? Seriously, very top notch products that were heavily praised for at least half a decade. Poof, gone? Not just masks (although sheet masks are a big one) but tons of great products, like:

Tatcha The Pearl Tinted Eye Illuminating Treatment Moonlight 

The Marc Jacobs tightliner (and eyeliners)

The entire Marc Jacobs line (my mom loved almost all of their products dearly)

The Too Faced Primed and Poreless primer

The KVD liquid eyeliner

The list really could go on....

Seriously, it's super frustrating especially when someone has used a product for sometimes 5-10 years and now I have to "try out" 10 products to try to replace it and sometimes you really never find anything as good. πŸ˜• 

I guess orange is my theme ? Lol C is for Carrot and the Oatmeal mask is off theme 

Spoiler
First up is the real skin oatmeal mask. So this mask has a cream you push into the dry oatmeal mix and then you apply it with a spatula. It smells of oatmeal which is nice.  Like many of these kinds of masks, it sort of became a gel like texture on the skin, not dissimilar to the rubber masks. I used the spatula to take it off and then lightly rinsed.

My skin actually loved this and I would give it an A+. Maybe just from the post holidays or radiator but I was looking dry and blotchy and my skin really just looked and felt super soothed after using this. 100% will buy and use again. 

I also used the real carrot mask. This is a standard sheet mask with no scent. Unfortunately, as soon as I put this on in started tingling and it turned to burning within about a minute. Definitely had some kind of reaction to this and had to pull it off. 

B1949C79-380F-42ED-A042-CAA01E47A443.jpeg

 

744278F5-AEEA-4BD0-BB0E-C47C11A59E1D.jpeg

 

11 Replies
testing