Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

That Alpyn Beauty mask is a great little 5-minute skin softener @sister13 - but yes, a timer is vital with this one! It is potent. Just a note, the granules are spherical, so they are supposed to be more gentle in the skin than other physical exfoliants. 

That Lapcos set is a nice one, I agree. Good to have a few of those on hand!

Yes, itโ€™s funny, I do donโ€™t t remember having a sensitive reaction the first time I used the sample, but could be any number of things, I suppose, that made it more sensitive this time. I read the product page and reviews after I used it, so I saw that itโ€™s bamboo spheres and multiple acids. I would consider buying this if I didnโ€™t already have too many masks in my stash! @eshoe 

@sister13 I found the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Hyaluronic Clay Pore-Tight Facial Mask 2.03 oz/ 60 mL to be remarkably similar to the Alpyn mask. Just another option for when you arenโ€™t swimming in masks๐Ÿ˜‚

@sister13

A hydrating sheet mask that takes away redness sounds right up my alley. Going to pick up that variety set.

Yes, itโ€™s a nice set! @missy94612  This Aqua one didnโ€™t have much scent at all, but Iโ€™m also not very sensitive to fragrance.  I was trying to remember to notice for my review this time and definitely thought it had almost no scent this time but I trust you are right about these in general, masking queen! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ @eshoe 

@missy94612 @as long as you donโ€™t mind a little scent, the Lapcos are great. They are fragranced, which is just a bonus to know ahead of time if you are planning to pick up a pack!

@sister13 I didn't realize the Wander lip oil had a tint either!  Great combo.  Glad you get another day to take some time this weekend. 

Yes, I think this was a Sephora code gwp, I looked it up, they have a few different tints to the full size, was just surprised by this one, though not in a bad way! @missjeanie 

B is for Herbivore Blue Tansy. Today my masking routine was pretty simple. I cleansed, patted my face dry with a clean towel and applied the mask. I left it on for 20 min. The mask has a blue tinge to it and it was a gel like consistency. I have to admit I didn't get much done this weekend so I cleaned the bathroom while the mask was doing it's thing. After wiping off my my skin felt a bit tighter and a bit dry. I applied Honest Beauty Hydrogel Cream to finish.

Theme: Share your Mask Routine - When I have more time after cleansing I used my face steamer before applying the mask so my pores are more open. I finish off with serum of choice and a moisturizer.

20220116_135743.jpg

@Mellmars1185  Sounds decent enough! I'm usually multitasking while I mask too ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Mellmars1185 I did like this mask, but I noticed after about a month or so, it just doesn't perform like it does freshly opened ๐Ÿคท

Mask while you task! Love it @Mellmars1185๐Ÿ’ž Love the photo too. Is this Herbivore mask one you'd consider purchasing a full size?

@itsfi Hehe I like that! Although it was a nice mask experience. It did not leave my skin feeling hydrated or extra smooth so I would not buy the full size.

@Mellmars1185, have you tried Peach & Lily Super Reboot Resurfacing Mask? It's similar to the Herbivore in that it is intended to exfoliate and smooth skin. It also contains hyaluronic acid, cica, chamomile and aloe to help soothe and hydrate the skin. I use it in the warmer months to unclog pores along my chin and jawline. It can tingle but does a good job for me. 

@Mellmars1185 I love your jars, very pretty๐Ÿคฉ That mask is refreshing, if the scent isnโ€™t too strong for your liking. Great idea to mask while cleaning, I might need to copy you in that tomorrow!

@eshoe Thank you!

@Mellmars1185 Very cool! I've been eyeing that blue tansy and I think I have a little sample somewhere but I'm taking a break from Herbivore this year, lol. 

giphy (13).gif

@QueenMarceline Lol! I think I recall you had a bad experience with the Herbivore Bakuchiol Retinol Alternative Smoothing Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL ? There are plenty more fish in the sea ๐ŸŒŠ

@Mellmars1185 Yes it was that product, how do you like the Blue Tansy?

@QueenMarceline It was nice to try as a sample. I don't feel like it did anything beneficial for my skin except for temporarily made it feel tightened. It has a light floral scent. I wouldn't purchase a full size but it was not a bad experience.

@Mellmars1185 I'll had to give my sample a shot once my skin calms down a bit from that mishap, it's... been a struggle.

1 Reply
testing