Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@missy94612 @as long as you donโ€™t mind a little scent, the Lapcos are great. They are fragranced, which is just a bonus to know ahead of time if you are planning to pick up a pack!

@sister13 I didn't realize the Wander lip oil had a tint either!  Great combo.  Glad you get another day to take some time this weekend. 

Yes, I think this was a Sephora code gwp, I looked it up, they have a few different tints to the full size, was just surprised by this one, though not in a bad way! @missjeanie 

B is for Herbivore Blue Tansy. Today my masking routine was pretty simple. I cleansed, patted my face dry with a clean towel and applied the mask. I left it on for 20 min. The mask has a blue tinge to it and it was a gel like consistency. I have to admit I didn't get much done this weekend so I cleaned the bathroom while the mask was doing it's thing. After wiping off my my skin felt a bit tighter and a bit dry. I applied Honest Beauty Hydrogel Cream to finish.

Theme: Share your Mask Routine - When I have more time after cleansing I used my face steamer before applying the mask so my pores are more open. I finish off with serum of choice and a moisturizer.

20220116_135743.jpg

@Mellmars1185  Sounds decent enough! I'm usually multitasking while I mask too ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Mellmars1185 I did like this mask, but I noticed after about a month or so, it just doesn't perform like it does freshly opened ๐Ÿคท

Mask while you task! Love it @Mellmars1185๐Ÿ’ž Love the photo too. Is this Herbivore mask one you'd consider purchasing a full size?

@itsfi Hehe I like that! Although it was a nice mask experience. It did not leave my skin feeling hydrated or extra smooth so I would not buy the full size.

@Mellmars1185, have you tried Peach & Lily Super Reboot Resurfacing Mask? It's similar to the Herbivore in that it is intended to exfoliate and smooth skin. It also contains hyaluronic acid, cica, chamomile and aloe to help soothe and hydrate the skin. I use it in the warmer months to unclog pores along my chin and jawline. It can tingle but does a good job for me. 

@Mellmars1185 I love your jars, very pretty๐Ÿคฉ That mask is refreshing, if the scent isnโ€™t too strong for your liking. Great idea to mask while cleaning, I might need to copy you in that tomorrow!

@eshoe Thank you!

@Mellmars1185 Very cool! I've been eyeing that blue tansy and I think I have a little sample somewhere but I'm taking a break from Herbivore this year, lol. 

giphy (13).gif

@QueenMarceline Lol! I think I recall you had a bad experience with the Herbivore Bakuchiol Retinol Alternative Smoothing Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL ? There are plenty more fish in the sea ๐ŸŒŠ

@Mellmars1185 Yes it was that product, how do you like the Blue Tansy?

@QueenMarceline It was nice to try as a sample. I don't feel like it did anything beneficial for my skin except for temporarily made it feel tightened. It has a light floral scent. I wouldn't purchase a full size but it was not a bad experience.

@Mellmars1185 I'll had to give my sample a shot once my skin calms down a bit from that mishap, it's... been a struggle.

Today is a "boring" day (at least for me, since I'm not trying anything new) I'm doing a porch gift exchange with some friends and I haven't been getting as much sleep as I liked. These eye gels are my "go-to" and probably (definitely) the ones I have the most of, I just re-stocked on a bunch of large bags of these during the 21 day sale when they were 50% off and they seem to make an appearance on the 21 day sale at ULTA at least once or twice a year, which is great for me. I have turned my sister and mom on to these eye gels as well that's why during the sale I also got them each a pack. Today I decided to simply wash my face, put on some moisturizer, serum and then slapped these on. I don't have much time for a routine/makeup (plus, it's a porch exchange and then I'm running errands lol) so I figured these would be perfect to give me a bit of a boost on this afternoon.

adda.jpeg

Key Ingredients (off ULTA site):

• Hydrolyzed extensin helps skin cells lock in moisture, plumping fine lines and wrinkles and helping to restore tone and firmness
  • Ginkgo biloba leaf extract improves blood flow to brighten the under-eye area and help reduce puffiness
  • Acetyl hexapeptide-8 helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by calming muscles under the skin
  • Coenzyme Q10, a powerful antioxidant, helps fight free radicals
  • Icelandic Complex, a proprietary natural blend that replenishes the nutrients that stress depletes

My Thoughts:

Spoiler
As previously mentioned, these are my most used eye gels so I really do enjoy them. They have an outer "sheet" sticker and an inner (the part that touches your eye) gel-like consistency. The gel is always a bit cool to the touch and it really feels nice against the skin, especially the under eye area. I always use these as a quick refreshment but to be honest, at full price without the discount I usually get them for... I think they're a bit "up there" in price for what they do. They do indeed slightly depuff the eyes but if you have dark circles or want a brightening/tightening effect these are not it. I would describe them as the perfect, mediocre, go-to, reach for when you don't want to think about it type-of-eye-mask. Probably exactly why I like them so much, I'm sure there is definitely better eye masks out there that target fine lines, dark circles, bags-but I don't typically have a very large struggle with those ailments (only sometimes).

I genuinely enjoy the cooling effect, I feel that they "wake me up" in the morning and the consistency is really nice. One of my favorite parts is that they aren't messy, this isn't an eye gel that is drenched in serum or one that comes out sticky, wet and causes a mess. These are truly unique in that sense, they have an outer layer that is a sheet and an inner eye gel with the serum already infused into the "gel-like" padding on the inside of the eye mask. The gel padding adheres very gently but securely to the eye (unlike some other masks that can be slippery). Wherever you place these, they will stay until you take them off. The wear time for these states 10 minutes but I keep them on until the gel stops being cooling and refreshing and leans towards a bit uncomfortable-that's my usual "sign" (which is around the 15 minute mark). After wearing these the under eye feels gently hydrated and very refreshed.

Ps. Please ignore the dog hair on the mask, I was in the bathroom doing my routine and I could not say no to the puppy dog face so I invited her to come hangout in the bathroom with me. Then I just had to pet her, you know? ๐Ÿ˜‚

@QueenMarceline 

These are must haves!

@elleb810 Yes they absolutely are โค๏ธ some of my all time faves

@QueenMarceline  Glad to hear you're a big fan of these! These are a favorite of mine as well! 

@Shosh85 Love seeing how many BIC members are also fans of this great mask ๐Ÿ™‚ Clearly, we all have great taste here.

6fc4c8b65118d98c15bb292f44699fd7.gif

testing