Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi I do see them on Amazon! ๐Ÿ™‚ I think I will pick up a set, going to throw them in my wish list now. My skin is currently doing some insanely weird things after a horrible reaction from Herbivore Bakuchiol Retinol Alternative Smoothing Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL (literally almost a MONTH ago) so I've been avoiding trying new skin-care as much as I usually do especially recently because I don't think I can properly assess what I'm trying with whats happening on my face... which, really stinks. I have so many things I bought even from December hauls that I've been dying to try out, right now I'm feeding my fix by dipping into more eye products and trying those out since I think I can still fairly assess those products despite what is happening to my skin right now. I really want to try these ASAP ๐Ÿ˜ž -sigh- fingers crossed.

@itsfi Such a great review of those super cute masks! ๐Ÿ™‚ And oh my, that brunch looks lovely!

Thank you @QueenMarceline! Kocostar does do a good job with their packaging; very eye catching. I usually do a chart for mask comparisons but to me the only things that separated these masks were the featured ingredient and the scent. Itโ€™s a little odd and maybe that was just my findings but at the same time makes it easy to pick which mask(s) to repurchase. ๐Ÿ› 

Food, drink, masks - the essentials of life. ๐Ÿฅฐ

@itsfi  Waffles you say.... guess what I'm gonna need to make for lunch now.  I can guarantee mine won't be as pretty.. but I swear you influence my menu as much as my masking lol!  I have to say that given the similar effects of the masks.... Blueberry scent would totally put it over the top for me too.  Great idea getting some extra masking in on the weekends!

@itsfi Okay... so mine weren't quite the same as yours... I have no fruit left in the house and they're from a keto mix lol... but still inspiring!

IMG_1850.jpg

@missjeanie, mmm, waffles! No fruit? Itโ€™s all good. What are we going to top โ€˜em with? Got any ice cream in the house? ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi I did have whipping cream that I've been using in my iced coffee... but I actually make maple syrup every year at the lake so I have a bit of an obsession there... The keto waffles cancel out the syrup right? lol

You make your own maple syrup @missjeanie??!!! ๐Ÿ˜ Amazing! That is an excellent obsession to have, if you ask me (and Iโ€™m aware no one did ๐Ÿคฃ) - homemade maple syrup ๐Ÿ yum!!! Keto waffles plus homemade maple syrup strikes an awesome balance - and isnโ€™t balance what weโ€™re striving for?!!! Ohhh yeaaahhh! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

Lol... @itsfi I actually know quite a few people up here who make their own.  Come March when the snows still around and everyones getting a little cabin fever it's a good way to force you to get outside for a bit everyday.  We only tap about 50 ish trees and end up with around 50 or so gallons every year that we give away to family and friends.  It's certainly nothing fancy... but it's fun to get out in the bush with the kids all excited for maple candy lugging sap around. I'll have to try and remember to take pics this year to put up in the food thread.  

@missjeanie, putting that on my list of things I want to do. For someone with limited interests, I sure have a lot of lists! ๐Ÿ˜†

@itsfi a day at a sugar shack is a day well spent!  A lot of them offer pancake breakfasts etc and show you how it's all done.  Then the kids will pour it out on the snow and roll it up on a stick to eat!  So much fun.  If you find yourself near a sugar shack it's 100% worth a visit!

Lol @missjeanie! breakfast / brunch items are delish any time of the day! ๐Ÿ˜‹ Your waffles will be just as pretty and most importantly, yummy! ๐Ÿง‡ ๐Ÿ’• 

Love blueberries ๐Ÿซ and blueberry scented masks! The doubling up on sheet masks on the weekends seems like itโ€™s giving some extra TLC to my skin. Itโ€™s still really dry / dehydrated on some parts but Iโ€™m not experiencing dry patches or flakes and Iโ€™m hoping to keep that up. 

@itsfi   Ohhhhhh, ๐Ÿ˜‚i donโ€™t even care about the masks, I want those waffles!  Maybe the blueberry waffle maskโ€ฆ

Hahaha @heartsmyface! Ahhhh, the weekends! Iโ€™ve been doing more than food prep for the week lately on the weekends - waffles seemed like a good idea. ๐Ÿง‡๐Ÿ˜‹ 

@itsfi  Oh my, those waffles look delicious! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ“๐Ÿซ

I agree those masks all gave about the same results, and the biggest difference are the scents. I'd rank these almost the same as you - except honey is 2nd and strawberry is 3rd for me ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

When I used the Ice Cream one, I thought I might have smelled just a hint of vanilla.๐Ÿฆ

@Shosh85, thank you! ๐Ÿค—  The sheet masks made me do it! ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿง‡ Oooh vanilla! That would make sense for the ice cream mask; I may need to try it again to see about the scent - yep, thatโ€™s why; it wouldnโ€™t be so I could have a reason for ice cream ๐Ÿจ ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

I donโ€™t see many blueberry ๐Ÿซ  scented sheet masks so I think the blueberry variety here may be one i repurchase again. I do love the waffle design and the gel serum on these masks. 

@itsfi Waffle masks and waffles seem like a great weekend treat! Enjoy!

@Mellmars1185, indeed! A treat for my face and a treat for my tummy! ๐Ÿ˜† No one wanted to join in the sheet mask fun ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ but they were all onboard with the actual waffles. ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi Seems like they prevoked everyones appetite! ๐Ÿคฃ

@itsfi Those masks look so fun, and the waffles look delicious! 

Thank you @txcatx! The thicker gel serum on these masks is nice for my skin this time of the year - it really soaks it up. Must be the winter weather. Real waffles are an occasional weekend treats ๐Ÿง‡ spurred on my the sheet masks. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

1 Reply
testing