cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

34814C30-8453-4F11-B503-B8290A8D2FAB.gif

Welcome to the 2022 Mask of the Week Challenge! We love hearing about every masking experience, on or off-theme, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week: Hydrating Heroes 

Letters of the Month:  A - E

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge:
Current Thread (Archived Schedule Below)

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

Lol... @itsfi I actually know quite a few people up here who make their own.  Come March when the snows still around and everyones getting a little cabin fever it's a good way to force you to get outside for a bit everyday.  We only tap about 50 ish trees and end up with around 50 or so gallons every year that we give away to family and friends.  It's certainly nothing fancy... but it's fun to get out in the bush with the kids all excited for maple candy lugging sap around. I'll have to try and remember to take pics this year to put up in the food thread.  

@missjeanie, putting that on my list of things I want to do. For someone with limited interests, I sure have a lot of lists! πŸ˜†

@itsfi a day at a sugar shack is a day well spent!  A lot of them offer pancake breakfasts etc and show you how it's all done.  Then the kids will pour it out on the snow and roll it up on a stick to eat!  So much fun.  If you find yourself near a sugar shack it's 100% worth a visit!

Lol @missjeanie! breakfast / brunch items are delish any time of the day! πŸ˜‹ Your waffles will be just as pretty and most importantly, yummy! πŸ§‡ πŸ’• 

Love blueberries 🫐 and blueberry scented masks! The doubling up on sheet masks on the weekends seems like it’s giving some extra TLC to my skin. It’s still really dry / dehydrated on some parts but I’m not experiencing dry patches or flakes and I’m hoping to keep that up. 

@itsfi   Ohhhhhh, πŸ˜‚i don’t even care about the masks, I want those waffles!  Maybe the blueberry waffle mask…

Hahaha @heartsmyface! Ahhhh, the weekends! I’ve been doing more than food prep for the week lately on the weekends - waffles seemed like a good idea. πŸ§‡πŸ˜‹ 

@itsfi  Oh my, those waffles look delicious! πŸ˜‹πŸ“πŸ«

I agree those masks all gave about the same results, and the biggest difference are the scents. I'd rank these almost the same as you - except honey is 2nd and strawberry is 3rd for me πŸ˜‰ 

When I used the Ice Cream one, I thought I might have smelled just a hint of vanilla.🍦

@Shosh85, thank you! πŸ€—  The sheet masks made me do it! 🀣 πŸ§‡ Oooh vanilla! That would make sense for the ice cream mask; I may need to try it again to see about the scent - yep, that’s why; it wouldn’t be so I could have a reason for ice cream 🍨 πŸ˜‚ 

I don’t see many blueberry 🫐  scented sheet masks so I think the blueberry variety here may be one i repurchase again. I do love the waffle design and the gel serum on these masks. 

@itsfi Waffle masks and waffles seem like a great weekend treat! Enjoy!

@Mellmars1185, indeed! A treat for my face and a treat for my tummy! πŸ˜† No one wanted to join in the sheet mask fun πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ but they were all onboard with the actual waffles. πŸ˜† 

@itsfi Seems like they prevoked everyones appetite! 🀣

@itsfi Those masks look so fun, and the waffles look delicious! 

Thank you @txcatx! The thicker gel serum on these masks is nice for my skin this time of the year - it really soaks it up. Must be the winter weather. Real waffles are an occasional weekend treats πŸ§‡ spurred on my the sheet masks. πŸ˜‚ 

With winter here, my skin needs all the moisture it can get, so I dug around my beauty products and found a forgotten tube of MILK MAKEUP Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil Hydrating Face Mask 

I love that it's a mask in a tube, and it's fun to apply since it's like drawing on my face with a soft, thick crayon. While it does feel soothing and makes my face feel slightly more hydrated, it definitely isn't a miracle worker for dry skin!

EA9909D0-1829-484C-AAB9-73A5454848E1.jpeg

 

@txcatx, the stick form masks come in handy especially for travel but I agree that there’s not enough hydration for dry skin. Not mask related, but I do like that there are oil serums in stick form now as well. Makes it easier to reapply throughout the day; but it’s a challenge to find the right one. 

@txcatx  I agree the results from these aren't really anything amazing, but they're definitely fun and convenient to use!

I love those too! Especially the SC ones @txcatx 

@txcatx Yes!  Good reminder to pull out the Milk masks.  I love this format as well.  What's easier than drawing on your face?

@txcatx @I’m always such a sucker for all those stick skin care things as well haha even though they are never amazing I can’t resist! 

i haven’t tried this one, but I think I tried the Sephora brand dupe of the watermelon one! It is so fun to use 

@Kim888 Same! I always feel like skincare in stick form is so fun and perfect for travel, but I've never found a stick product that I love enough to want to purchase again. Maybe that's why we don't often see companies making a lot of skincare products as solid sticks?

Probably @txcatx ! jones road did release 2 that I’ve been eyeing. Every holiday season I have to talk myself out of those mini milk stick sets even though I’ve tried them all already lol and definitely didn’t use them enough 

22 Replies