Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

This Week: Share Your (Mask) Routine

The Focus: Broccoli, Vitamin C, Clay Masks & Cucumbers

I had quite the masking/mini-spa day experience yesterday morning. First, I started off with my Murad Vitamin C cleanser (which I'm looking to replace, any suggestions?) on my clarisonic. I continued by trying out my new-ish buy, The Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion. I really enjoyed this product and will definitely continue using a few times per week. 

unnamed.jpeg

Then, I continued with my Tea Tree Clay Mask which is a part of my project pan and I'm still dealing with some blemishes from the breakout I've been complaining about which seems like forever. I only applied this to my problem areas and kept it on until fully and totally dry (~35-40 minutes). My full review of this mask has already been featured on this thread.

unnamed.jpeg

After washing off my mask, I decided to do one of my "steam potions". This time I added lemons, tea tree oil, a tea tree toner tab (that's the fizz you see) and cucumber. I thought the cucumbers would melt in the water but surprisingly they held up very well and I noticed a slight "tacky" hydration and refreshing effect in comparison to when I didn't throw in the cucumbers. It was a really good add, plus it gives the water a really nice natural cucumber-lemon scent instead of the tea tree. A more pleasant smell is always a plus when it comes to steaming.

unnamed.jpeg

Further on, I decided to throw on my Farmacy Brightening/Hydrating Purple Broccoli mask (appears to be discontinued). I had a couple of these laying around and thought they matched my "theme". After I took off the mask, I went in with my Drunk Elephant C-Tango. 

dss.jpeg

Purple Broccoli Mask Review:

Spoiler
This was a "juicy" mask and had lots of leftover serum in the packet while I used on my neck/check area. The fit was great other than being a bit off-shaped in my chin area. However, I did notice this sheet mask dried out a lot faster than the ones I am used to (which is odd because of how serum-soaked it was inititally). I noticed considerable drying out by minute 8-10 and the mask was completely dried out into a dried sheet in about 20 minutes. There was no noticeable scent (at least not to me). I enjoyed the effects it had on my face but honestly, I don't think it's anything out of this world. It's also discontinued, but you aren't missing out on anything too amazing. Still, I really enjoyed the masking experience.

Lastly, I finished off with my Vitamin C serums and boosters. My Drunk Elephant C-Firma, my Pacifica Drops (a new product from my December ULTA sale haul) and my Andalou Naturals Vit C + Turmeric serum. I really like this combo, the Andalou does add a touch of heat from the turmeric but the effect was actually quite nice on the winter and not uncomfortable whatsoever.

sfssa.jpeg

@QueenMarceline, before I read your post, I saw the pic of your steam potion and thought "ooooh, refreshing spa water!" Minus the tea tree items, of course. ๐Ÿ˜€ I've not combined my vitamin C serums before - do you mix all of them together, like a vitamin C serum cocktail, or do you layer them, one on top of the other? 

@itsfi Haha, that's funny. Definitely don't want to drink the tea tree ๐Ÿ˜‚I actually mixed the Drunk Elephant and Pacifica and then once that sunk in a bit i put on the Andalou Turmeric one. That one is more of a "cream" consistency in comparison to the other serums so it was a nice "ending" so-to-speak. 

@QueenMarceline  Your steam potion is making me thirsty! Haha! It looks and sounds so great! 
I can't remember if I tried that particular Farmacy mask but I do remember trying a few. Those have been discontinued for quite a while now, so I wonder if it dried quickly because it was expired..... I know that has happened with masks that I've used that were expired. 

Glad you had a nice little spa day! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 That very well could be it. It's definitely had some age on it.

@QueenMarceline your steam pot looks quite delicious!! ๐Ÿ˜† Great masking

@lmaster Thank you, it smelled quite great too. Minus the tea tree haha!

@QueenMarceline Looks like a fun spa session!  I loved those Farmacy masks and was so sad when they were swapped out with the new versions.  I tend to enjoy the coconut gel/biogel mask materials since they're so easy to form to my face shape.  

@missjeanie This was kind of weird because I remember them being biogel as well (at least the other farmacy mask I had) but this one was a sheet? 

Oh that's odd @QueenMarceline I remember them being biogel masks.  Maybe they accidentally gave you just the covers and left the biogel off of it?

@missjeanie Oh no... LOL. That would be prertty upsetting. I tried to see if anything else would peel away from it but nothing ๐Ÿ˜ž

@QueenMarceline I've totally done this... the only reason I mention it lol

@missjeanie I think I still have a couple, so I'll have to see if it was a dud.

@QueenMarceline @A good scrubby vitamin c is always so great for quick brightening ! Glad you enjoyed your masking sesh 

@Kim888 So glad I decided to try that one out, I've had some success with The Body Shop.

@QueenMarceline I hope you enjoyed your well deserved spa day at home! The steam potion looks neat! I have never tried that before! Also the Farmacy Coconut gel mask is right up my alley. How did you like that?

Thank you, it was a lot of fun ๐Ÿ™‚ The mask was really nice but unfortunately didn't last as long as I would like and now its been discontinued ๐Ÿ˜•

Here was my review of it:

Spoiler
This was a "juicy" mask and had lots of leftover serum in the packet while I used on my neck/check area. The fit was great other than being a bit off-shaped in my chin area. However, I did notice this sheet mask dried out a lot faster than the ones I am used to (which is odd because of how serum-soaked it was inititally). I noticed considerable drying out by minute 8-10 and the mask was completely dried out into a dried sheet in about 20 minutes. There was no noticeable scent (at least not to me). I enjoyed the effects it had on my face but honestly, I don't think it's anything out of this world. It's also discontinued, but you aren't missing out on anything too amazing. Still, I really enjoyed the masking experience.

I started my morning email check with the No stress zone cream mask... didn't work.. it was a stress zone lol.  This mask is super heavily fragranced, initially I liked the peachy scent, but now I'm re-thinking it and it might a bit too fragrancy.  Either way, I'm going to try and run through this.  I don't think it's super hydrating, but I'm using it before I wash my face in an effort to simply give a wee boost.  I don't actually wash this off, but do a thorough rinsing with a washcloth.  

I moved on to the Oozoo Illuminating injection mask right after and even though I had just injected the extra serum the mask was quite dried out.  This one only expired in December of 2021 so I was kind of surprised it was that dry.  I did pop it on for about 5 minutes, but it was pretty pointless.  I have a few other of their injection style masks... which, lets be honest... a bit gimmicky, but I can be down for that.  Knowing this one dried out I'll test the others the rest of this week.  

The Yadah snail mask was a pop on to replace the Oozoo that was dried out.  Easy to wear, filler snail mask that stayed on for about a half hour.  As much as I'm working through these and don't need to buy masks for years... I would re-purchase these again given a decent price. 

The dang kokostar strawberry slices were an addition when I forgot to immediately put on my skincare after my snail mask.  Figured why not do another since my face was starting to feel a touch dry.  These leave a bit of a film so I did do a quick splash with water after and then went right in with my skincare.  Wouldn't recommend unless your just looking for the photo op lol.

IMG_1804.jpg

@missjeanie  

Making a mental note to pick up that Yadah snail mask if I see it.

@missy94612 I've gotten them from TJMaxx, a box of 10 for like 6 or 7 dollars at times, worth keeping an eye out for!

@missjeanie, oh the things we learn when we work through our sheet mask stash. ๐Ÿ˜€ I rarely pick up any slice/point masks for myself these days (and not just because I keep myself to having a certain number of sheet masks on hand at any given time though that doens't hurt). They're fun and I can find a way to make them work by using them under a sheet mask, but there are other things I can (and do) use under my sheet mask to boost hydration - like a serum. Agree with you on the Yadah snail. They make good daily sheet masks. 

1 Reply
testing