Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe Love the agave lip scrub and the mask. For northern winters, you really cannot beat it. How are you liking that Sephora cleanser brush? How do you use it/what do you use it for? It caught my eye instantly because I think it would work great at actually removing stubborn waterproof eyemakeup in conjunction with my Farmacy makeup remover, do you think it would fare well with that or not so much?

The cleansing brush has been a nice little addition to my routine, @QueenMarceline. I use it mostly in conjunction with cleanser ( Biossance Squalane + Elderberry Jelly Cleanser 5.0 oz/ 150 mL or REN Clean Skincare Perfect Canvas Clean Jelly Oil Cleanser). this was the first time I had tried it with a mask, and it wonโ€™t be the last!

I only use Bioderma Sensibio Micellar water to remove my eye makeup. Anything else causes irritation for me. I would be hesitant to use and brush around the eye area, though, just because the skin is so delicate. But thatโ€™s just me.

@eshoe Thank you for the response ๐Ÿ™‚ I'll try to check it out sometime.

Happy to share my thoughts, @QueenMarceline!

3-step + 2021 discovery.jpg

I used the 2-step version of this mask last year and loved it, so if the 2-step was great, wouldn't the 3-step be amazing?!!! 

The Miguhara Big 3-Step Whitening Mask Pack consists of:

• Step 1: Ampoule - pale yellow in color, unscented, viscous but not goopy or gooey. My skin soaks it in immediately.

• Step 2: Sheet Mask - soft, thin-ish and like the ampoule, pale yellow in color; saturated in a gel-like essence, with a lot more in the packet. Fit can be tailored with adjustments to the opening for the eyes and mouth and the chin/jawline area. The sheet wears comfortably, gently clinging to the contours of the face.

• Step 3: Cream - lightweight but rich, unscented cream

Comparison with 2-step mask
Spoiler
The first two steps are nearly identical to the 2-step version of the mask that I used last year, except that with this 3-step pack, I did not pick up the grapefruit scent that I did with the 2-step mask, and there seemed to be a lot more extra essence in this sheet mask pack, a lot more. 

2-Step Mask review: Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’– - Page 136 - Beauty Insider Community (sephora.com)
More about Step 3
Spoiler
The rich, creamy consistency of the third step in this 3-step mask pack feels moisturizing and nourishing. There's so much product in this little packet - plenty for the next morning and evening. My dehydrated and dry skin absorbed the cream easily and quickly. I can see those with oily or very oily skin (and possibly normal or combo skin types as well) finding this cream to be too much for their skin in all but perhaps the coldest of winter nights or as some TLC after a long flight. 
Results and Overall Thoughts
Spoiler
Generally speaking, this 3-step mask did a marvelous job of moisturizing and nourishing my skin, leaving it feeling more supple and adding a deeply hydrated, brightened and dewy glow to my complexion. ๐Ÿ˜ Work travel will likely be back on my schedule this year, and if that is the case, I will definitely be taking at least one of these 3-step masks with me. If it performs how I think it will perform under travel conditions, it will be a life saver for my skin, both with the cold temperatures of the season and sites, and the dryness that air travel brings. 

This mask looks and sounds lovely!! @itsfi 

@lmaster, it was so good. My skin slurps up most of the serum from sheet masks pretty quickly these days so I was happy that this one kept it dewy and hydrated for a while after I removed the mask.

@itsfi  Mmmmm...dewy glow? Sign me up! The packaging looks nice and compact, so I'm impressed there is so much serum in there!

@PrettyPaint, since my skin is drier and more dehydrated this time of year, it's rare for my skin to look really dewy after a sheet mask - my skin seems to drink up all the serum from a sheet mask really quickly these days so I has happy to see it so dewy after using this sheet. There was extra in the sheet mask packet as well as the other products. I was able to get 3 uses out of the ampoule packet - 2 very generous ones and 1 with a normal about of serum. The cream is rich and a little goes a long way - I was able to get in 4 uses of that item. 

@itsfi  

This one sounds amazing! Beautiful pic! ๐Ÿ˜ What's the tie in to the week's theme?

@elleb810, you're right - I forgot to include the tie-in to the challenge themes - whoops; oversight on my part. It's alphabet based, with an A for ampoule and antioxidants; B for brightening and bright cell sheet; C for chamomile; D for dry and dullness; and E for elasticity and excellent 3-step. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi  this one doesn't sound like it would be the best for my skin type which is oily most of the time but combo in the wintertime, but the packaging looks really cute and I like how you displayed it here - creative and adorable! The brightening side of it is interesting - do you know if they sell the essence in the sheet mask or if they have a mask that is more targeted to non-dry skin types?

@nuinui933, agreed; the packaging is really cute. ๐Ÿ˜  If I'm remembering right, the brand has a mask for balancing - it's also shaped like an ampoule bottle but it's blue. Miguhara also has a calming, green tea line, but I don't think that was has a sheet mask as part of its collection. WIthin this yellow brightening line, there are a couple of creams, an ampoule and a first essence. I think the essence in the sheet mask is the same as the first essence from the brand. 

@nuinui933, here's the 2-step sheet mask for the aqua-balacing line:

photo from miguhara directphoto from miguhara direct

It is not often a three step mask performs so extraordinarily, @itsfi ๐Ÿคฉ What a treat to look forward to after traveling and working all day. Taking note (again ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

So true @eshoe๐Ÿ™‚ The types of products included in this 3-step pack suit my skin type so that went a long way in it performing so well. If it had included a cleanser or an eye cream, it wouldn't have had the same effect, even if both those products were amazing!

@itsfi  

This whole thing sounds like a dream for very dry skin which I have so I'm intrigued by it. Did you like any one of the steps more than the other? THe

@elleb810, all 3 of these steps were very good. My skin is dry and dehydrated so the ampoule or the essence from the sheet mask would like be my favorite as those types of products can generally be layered easily, which would be helpful in treating dry or dehydrated skin. The cream is also nice but would probably be too heavy in the warmer months, even for my skin.

Well now this just sounds lovely all around @itsfi !  I just love a great moisturizer like that after a good mask.  Seals in all the goodness.  I always wonder if brands sell those moisturizers separately and the extra steps are gateways into buying full sizes? 

@missjeanie, this cream moisturizer was such a great treat for my skin. So nourishing and moisturizing! Loved it! ๐Ÿ’–

This brand does have full sizes of the essence (from the mask), the ampoule (step 1) and the cream (step3) for sale! As for which came first, the products or the sheet or all at once, no idea, but I think you are absolutely onto something about the strategy behind these mask pack. It may depend on the brand as well though - there have been a couple of brands with mask packs where the extras included in the mask pack are limited to the mask pack which is sometimes a shame. I'm thinking about JayJun - some of their mask packs include products that can be purchased as full size, while other of their mask packs seem to only have 1 of the 2 of the products. Or, maybe with the latter, it just took me too long to get to using the mask pack that the actual skincare product sold out or had been discontinued. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

A for Aloe. I have a 7 pack of these Lapcos masks. 

This one had a very generous amount of thick, hydrating gel serum, reminiscent of actual aloe but not as stringy. Fit was pretty great and smoothed on nicely. Stayed very hydrated for 30 minutes or more until my face started to feel cold and chin area was drying slightly and it was time for bed. Lots of gel still in the package. Light, fresh scent. Skin felt decently hydrated after but not life changing. This came in a variety pack of 7 or so, I think there is another A in there Iโ€™ll try soon, Aqua maybe? 

CB093025-84B5-49F0-88CA-F932E0D7099E.jpegFFFC1AFB-7DF4-4C25-BDC7-08060CF19DA5.jpeg

8 Replies
testing