Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi I think I need to try that algenist mask,, I feel like I tried a sample and did like it

@lmaster, you should definitely give it a try. It comes up every so often as a promo gwp, sometimes as a single foil, and other times in a 10-day pack as part of a 10-day use / challenge like with the set I picked up. I was really so amazed by the results I actually saw.

Oh, I love those steam eye masks! I have a couple left I got in Japan just before Covid hit. @itsfi 

Theyโ€™re amazing, arenโ€™t they @sister13? ๐Ÿฅฐ I always have a box of them in the house! Do you have a preference for one or more of the scents?

I think my favorite might be the yuzu? I think I remember peach was okay to good, but there was one I couldnโ€™t stand that was perhaps floral? It was a sampler set I bought and didnโ€™t even realize at first there were different ones. I will check my stash and see if I can tell. I remember the first time I got these and tried one and I felt like it was SO HOT, but now I love them. My eye doctor recommended warm compress on eyes at night to help flush tear ducts (or something). @itsfi 

Oooh, there's a peach scented one @sister13๐Ÿ‘ That sounds like it would be nice. I've been seeing new scents coming out - vanilla, forest bath from this brand and then other scents from new brands coming out with similar products. @heartsmyface 

@sister13 Ohhhh have you tried hot stones?  very relaxing 

For massages and pedicures! Yes, so relaxing and soothing! @heartsmyface 

@itsfi  Oh, I love those steam eye masks! So great when you have a headache. ๐Ÿ˜Š
I remember liking the Algenist Sleeping Mask, and wouldn't mind having the full size, but that price tag is a bit too steep for my wallet. ๐Ÿ’ฐ

The Belif sounds great too! I know I have a couple samples of this and your review has definitely made me want to go pull them out and try them soon!

@Shosh85, these steam eye masks come in handy more often than I like, but I'm glad I have them. 

There's so many sleeping masks on the market these days. Great for making them accessible for everyone but my goodness, it presents a challenge when  you have just one face and you want to be keep the mask stash manageable. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm not usually one for gel formulae but this belif one was nice. It wouldn't be hydrating enough for our skin types this time of the year, but I like to layer my skincare in the evenings and this worked well for that. If you try it, I'd love to hear what you think. I've been slowly, product by product, becoming more and more a fan of belif. 

Your tips on using splash masks are noted, @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜‰ Algenist products in general have been good to my skin, so I am adding this one to the โ€˜to-tryโ€™โ€ฆeventually! Merry masking to you this year๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

@eshoe, I should also add that you'll want to make sure your mouth is closed too - it does not taste good. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ I found that out the hard way when some of the liquid, even watered down, found its way into my mouth. Ack!!!

Hahaha! "eventually" sounds right. Something everyone here can relate to, I imagine. ๐Ÿคฃ Yay for another year of masking!  

I'm glad to see your thoughts on the belif sleeping mask, @itsfi. It sounds like a nicely hydrating without being too heavy.  I'm pretty sure I have a sample of that one in my stash and need to pull it out to try soon. 2022 is going to be year I dwindle that stash (she says optimistically on January 2nd)... ๐Ÿ˜‚

Hahaha @quspork! "she says optimistically on January 2nd..." Yessss, quspork! Love it. I can get behind that. Whittling down the mask stash is definitely an undertaking, isn't it. Sleeping masks are going to be on my "no buy" list for awhile and, hopefully, I will be a more selective shopper when it comes to them when they come off the 'no buy' list. ๐Ÿ˜‚

The belif works in the colder months just fine but I think it'll really be good for my skin in the spring / summer. 

For me it's wash-offs, @itsfi. I think I need to institute a little "wash-off wednesday" each week for all those masks that I've been too lazy to use this year. But here's to a year of getting through those sleeping, wash-off, and sheet masks (and only adding to the stash when there's a really interesting new product or a really good sale or someone here has a great recommendation or something is getting discontinued or ... or ... or ... ๐Ÿ˜†)!

@quspork, I love your idea for โ€œwash off Wednesdaysโ€ โ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธ Brilliant! 

Love the caveats for picking up new product. I feel like I can live up to that part. Hahaha! 

Itโ€™s always something; a constant work in progress. I have no idea how I accumulated so many sleeping masks. Well, I mean, I technically know โ€ฆ ๐Ÿ˜‚ I pulled out unopened ones and unopen backups of ones that I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ll keep - theyโ€™re good masks; I just have enough good masks that I need to finish up first. Those have been re-homed.

This was from numbers week for the power of 2 masks in 1. Iโ€™m obsessed with Gudetama, the lazy egg with a butt, heโ€™s just so dang CUTE! As you can see this mask is not the best fitting, seems too wide at the temples, but the eye holes were perfect, which I donโ€™t often find. It fit reasonably smoothly and stayed on and moist for a good 20 minutes and could have been more. It had some tackiness that stayed after, my skin felt mostly comfortable, I didnโ€™t notice exceptional hydration or brightening, but seemed nice enough and made me smile to have The lazy egg on my cheeks. I could have sworn I was smiling but I guess not in these pics, lol. HNY! 

450921F4-16A7-4D34-9501-BE4207B70249.jpegE4A121D2-60E6-4D94-AB45-F1F0812537EF.jpegBA96E59B-3C1B-4BFB-89AA-02ADA56EF343.jpeg5402A95C-48F8-41B8-A927-31B965BAC9E1.jpeg

How cute!!! You gotta love the egg!! @sister13 

I love him so much, lol. @lmaster 

@sister13  Oh my gosh, SO cute! I've used a different Creme Shop Gudetama mask, but this one is way cuter! The one I used had bacon for eyebrows, but didn't have Gudetamas bare little booty ...... and that's my favorite part! Haha! I'm curious, do you remember what this one smelled like?

Hmm, let me think or try to see if I still have the packet! I think a light, pleasant scent but I canโ€™t remember if it was a tea kind of scent or a light green floral. I will see if I can find the packet and report back! @Shosh85 

3 Replies
testing