Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@QueenMarceline, I really enjoy the scents on pretty much every Eminence mask that I've tried or have used on me, the fruity ones especially. Definitely aromatherapy. Ahhhhhh... ๐Ÿ˜ 

@itsfi The scent is to die for, I really would love to try some of their other masks for this reason ๐Ÿ˜

@QueenMarceline, as far as fruity scented masks from Eminence go, I like their acai mask and strawberry rhubarb mask, both for their results and scents. The brand has a mangosteen mask mask as well but it is for professional use only so Iโ€™ve only been able to enjoy it if itโ€™s one the aesthetician uses during a facial. 

@itsfi I actually just got their strawberry rhubarb hyaluronic serum, I am dying to try it out but didn't know that it came in mask form as well. I'll have to book another organic facial to get to try out some more of their products. 

@QueenMarceline, they have a strawberry ๐Ÿ“ rhubarb enzyme powder as well, but I donโ€™t recall it being scented. ๐Ÿค” 

@itsfi I have yet to try out their powders/enzyme powders although I think I do have a sample of one around here somewhere๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚I'm hoping the strawberry rhubarb hyaluronic serum will be a hit enough for me to want to grab the mask too, thanks for telling me that it exists so I have something to look forward to ๐Ÿ˜Š

@QueenMarceline  I have a sample of this and you've made me very excited to try it - it sounds wonderful! I, for one, like the sound of rubbing raspberry jelly on my face! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Happy to hear it turned out great for you!

@Shosh85 Ooooh, I love a good sample sometimes. ๐Ÿ™‚ Definitely try it out, it smells just like raspberry jelly to me and i absolutely love raspberry jelly.

Home after a too short trip to see family and a long travel day yesterday!

This Blue Butterfly mask is new to me this year, a few months ago in my Boxwalla box, so Iโ€™m trying it for the first time.

It smells really lovely, kind of a soothing cream scent. I thought I had spread it on more evenly than the picture suggests. It gave a strong cooling sort of tingling for the first few minutes, but it was not unpleasant at all.  

I left it on around 25 minutes while I made breakfast. It dried down but didnโ€™t get stiff. It rinsed off relatively easily with a warm wet washcloth, and that lovely scent was back.  My face felt smooth and clear and bright, no redness at all. I decided not to do a sheet mask after because I wanted to see how this one did alone. I look forward to using it again!

The ever curious Tamatoa and Teine made their appearances, lol.

4C38D918-5C2D-4B90-822A-74CC44284EBA.jpegC9B3ED4D-9961-4410-AECA-31CDB2A6C27B.jpegA7E9418D-DE15-4227-9C00-F6F94B3C5353.jpeg85D8D1A8-A156-4975-ADBB-51B766A712AE.jpeg

Awwwww look at those fur babies!!! You stole the show though @sister13 

@sister13  Oh, this one sounds great! Colored masks are so fun! This Smurfette color is fantastic ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ’™

I love that your pets made an appearance! They are adorable! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Ahh, Smurfette, YES! Thank you, they are my little Velcro babies! @Shosh85 

@sister13 That is cool looking! I love the little paw. 

That was unstaged, haha! She reached right out for the little spatula (which is actually from the cleanser but I use it interchangeably)! @Samtian 

Sounds lovely @sister13 !! A good brightening mask is always great to have on hand !

Yes, and my skin still felt nice and smooth today, though I feel a few breakouts coming around my chin, but Iโ€™m sure that is from wearing the mask traveling the last couple days. @Kim888 

That shade of blue is definitely your color, @sister13 ๐Ÿ˜‚.

Lol, like cookie monster! @CookieGirl1 

sister13_0-1640931828741.gif

@sister13 That looks like such a unique and luxurious mask. I would love to try this out ๐Ÿ™‚ Sounds quite nice and refreshing from your description 

Yes, might be one for a warmer season though, or to sit in front of the fire! @QueenMarceline 

@sister13 Don't forget the hot cocoa and marshmallows. ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Reply
testing