Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi  

Oh wow! I wonder if that's a normal life span for the mini fridge? Curious to know if you'll replace it with another one?

Great question @missy94612! I'm not sure right now whether I'll pick up another mini fridge. It's pretty cool here at the moment (colder than it has been in the past) and the weather where I live stays fairly moderate so I'm not sure I have a huge need for a mini fridge, though even weather aside, it may not be a true need to have item. lol. If I decide to get one, I will probably wait until it warms up here. My sheet masks and skincare products have no problem staying cool for the time being. ๐Ÿ˜

@missy94612 @I went through two in two years๐Ÿ˜• The first oneโ€™s motor went out days after the one year warranty expired. I messaged the brand (Coolio) and they immediately sent me a brand new one! That one also went out just after one year ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ @itsfiโ€˜s sounds like it must have worked much better.

That's great they sent you a replacement @eshoe, even after the warranty period. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ How interesting too that they both gave out right after the 1 year mark. I wonder if that's the general life expectancy for these types of mini fridges. ๐Ÿค” 

@eshoe @itsfi 

That's quite a different shelf life for a mini fridge. 

@missy94612 it is drastically different, and it is also why I havenโ€™t replaced it (yet). I may check out this other brand that @itsfi had, but for now, I am content with more counter space. My biggest reason for buying a mini was that I had backups that I forgot about, and they would expire (moisturizers, serums, etc.). Now that I maintain a spreadsheet, I am more aware of what I have on hand ๐Ÿ˜‰

@itsfi 

Too bad about the mini fridge but by the sound of it, you got some good use with it. 

@elleb810, it really did a nice job. ๐Ÿ˜ I'm realizing now that the 3 years was longer than most get with their mini fridges. 

Okay. This is more of an ask for suggestions. As in my previous post I last went back to the LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask with Squalane 2.3 oz/ 70 mL  because I can always rely on it not to react or feel greasy and feel light.

My current night cream/mask is Klairs Midnight Blue and Laneige. I donโ€™t plan on buying a new cream until I finish this giant tube. But Iโ€™m running low on my sleeping mask. Itโ€™s been a while since I bought one. I know I like the Glow Recipe Watermelon. But I am not in the mood. Iโ€™m running out and itโ€™s closing in on purchase time. 

I mean these two are a make my face baby soft combo right now. Butโ€ฆ I want to change the night mask up!

image.jpg

โ€ƒ

@Weetart 

I'm always down for baby soft skin. I'll have to remember this combination. 

@Weetart, I just noticed from your tag of the the Laneige sleeping mask, that it seems like Laneige has reformulated its original version. The tag references it containing squalane and I didn't recall that being an ingredient in the original version so I did some sleuthing on the internet and it looks like the original sleeping mask is being, or has been, reformulated. Interesting. 

Laneige makes a version of the sleeping mask with cica that is very nice - LANEIGE Cica Sleeping Mask. There's a deluxe sample of the cica version available through the Rewards Bazaar at the moment for 100 points. 

Here are other sleeping masks that I like; many of these are more geared towards dry or very dry skin so the formulation may be too heavy for you (if I'm remembering right, you have combo skin, right? These may work in the wintertime for you):

Algenist GENIUS Sleeping Collagen Moisturizer 2 oz/ 60 mL 

Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml 

GLAMGLOW THIRSTYMUDโ„ข 24-Hour Hydrating Treatment Face Mask - I like using this as an overnight mask; the consistency is light enough too that it could work nicely for non-dry skin types.

Origins Drink Upโ„ข Intensive Overnight Hydrating Face Mask with Avocado & Swiss Glacier Water 2.5 oz/ 75 mL 

CosRX makes a couple of good overnight masks - CosRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Mask and CosRX Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask. Both are good. Tagging @quspork for more info on the CosRx masks.

@itsfi @Loretta55 @eshoe @Kim888 @lmaster and sorry if I missed someone. Thank you all for your suggestions. Unfortunately, I have already tried them all and was disappointed. Everyone has good things to say about them but they just, eh, don't compare. I end up just waiting until I finish the container then go back to the same old one. LOL There is one night mask I have been considering, belif Aqua Bomb Sleeping Mask 2.53 oz/ 75 mL . Considering a sample. Whenever it pops up.

@Weetart, Iโ€™ve used that one a few times now and itโ€™s good. Itโ€™s not quiet enough for my skin this time of the year but I think it may be a better fit in the warmer months. Keeping fingers crossed that thereโ€™s a promo gwp soon. 

@Weetart @I second @itsfi suggestion for trying the LANEIGE Cica Sleeping Mask  - itโ€™s probably my favorite sleep mask and itโ€™s significantly better than their water one imo! I also do think the Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml is great as well

Oh and thanks @Loretta55  for your review. That is one I havenโ€™t sampled and have heard many say they love it. I wonder, can samples be given in store again yet? 

@Weetart I'll chime in on the LANEIGE Cica Sleeping Mask I bought a FS after trying it out as a sample

I am not sure about in store samples @Weetart. At this point I plan on avoiding all crowded areas due to the Covid surge. The deluxe size would last you about a month.

Thanks for the suggestions! @itsfi  and it appears I linked the wrong maskโ€ฆ and was surprised once I read about it as well. I just assumed the blue container was the one I used and didnโ€™t bother looking closely. Interesting.

Yes you are correct about my having the oily side of combo skin. I also have a lot of creams I must put on different patches of my face. Hence why I aim for only hydration for my cream and mask. 

@Weetart Just wanted to chime in about a couple of the ones @itsfi (thank you for the tag!) suggested. I do really like the original Laneige sleeping mask since I tend towards oily/dehydrated skin. It's light and sinks in well but is so nice for that extra boost of hydration. As far as the Laneige masks, I've used that one, the lavender one, and the cica one. I would absolutely repurchase the original, probably wouldn't repurchase the lavender but would use it if I came across it, but wouldn't use the cica again. The formula for the cica version is different than the other two, more of a cream than a gel. It was too heavy for my skin, but I can see where others with drier skin would love it. All that said, my favorite sleeping mask (perhaps more than the OG Laneige) is the CosRx Honey one. I think their rice mask is technically the one they market towards oily skin but it just didn't do anything for me. The honey version however, is light and cosmetically elegant just like the Laneige and adds plenty of hydration and soothing. It's something I reach for often in the winter! 

I received a sample of Youth To The People Mini Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 0.5 oz/ 1...  @Weetart  and I was very impressed with the results. The packet lasted me 3 days and I immediately ordered the full sized package. My skin looks very hydrated in the morning. This was an unexpected surprise because I was not looking for an overnight mask to add to my routine. 

The Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml is a favorite of mine too, @Loretta55. @Weetart it is thicker but absorbs fast and doesnโ€™t feel greasy. The Origins Mini Drink Upโ„ข Intensive Overnight Hydrating Mask with Avocado & Swiss Glacier Water 1 oz/ 3... #is a near dupe in terms of scent/consistency and at a little friendlier price point, too๐Ÿ˜‰

testing