Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

So with you @Shosh85!! ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผ Iโ€™ve been at this point where Iโ€™m trying to gauge whatโ€™s is a good mix of new-to-me individual masks and boxes of tried-and-true โ€œflavorsโ€, all without having an overwhelming amount of sheet masks. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿค”  I have really liked having a more manageable number of masks this year but I have to say โ€ฆ the struggle is real. ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿคฃ 

Ahhhh, I love โ™ฅ๏ธ that your son is so fond of those masks - the colors and design is very fun on that smoothie line. Do you both share the same favorite flavor? BTW, how cool are his jammy pants?! 

@itsfi  I think I remember liking the blueberry one the most..... my son doesnโ€™t have a favorite- he just likes to stare at all the colors together ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85 - grape soda mask looks and sounds refreshing. That's such a bummer that the brand isn't making the sheet mask anymore. Sounds like one to stock up on now.

@eshores It always seems to be my most favorites that get discontinued! There are two lines of masks from this brand that I love almost every single one of ๐Ÿ˜ฅ 

@Shosh85 @Yum grape soda sounds good! Sad when a good brand stops making masks !!!

@Kim888 Itโ€™s SO sad! This is my most favorite brand of masks! -  Itโ€™s always the masks we love that get discontinued  ๐Ÿ˜ข

Wow, the third time with the A by Bom mask, @Shosh85 - that sounds like a possible favorite! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

@eshoe  Yup! Definitely had to squeeze it in for favorites week! ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ

Favorite mask of all time has to go to the Eminence Snow Mushroom & Reishi Masque. Eminence is an organic skincare line from Hungary, I usually buy their products at my local salon/spa but they are also available online at retailers such as Amazon. This mask targets anti-aging and goes for $70-80 so it is quite pricey for your typical mask. However, a little goes a long way, it lasts a long time and its absolutely divine on the skin. No mess, no smell (completely unscented) and no fuss. It's almost a thick cream-like texture and you mix it with a few drops of water to get the "masque" effect. Most masks are quite messy but this one is not due to it's color and consistency. Having this on your skin almost makes it feel like your face is being hugged by a cloud. When it goes on it's almost completely clear, so it does not even appear as if you are wearing a mask. I always keep this mask on for ridiculous amounts of time because of how gentle it is and how nourishing it is, which is something you usually cannot get away with while using other anti-aging masks. The effects are also great, my skin always feels so soft and regenerated. This is a great mask that I reach for all the time and I love that I can use this anti-aging mask even on the days where my target skincare routine is somewhere else (such as combating acne). For example, I recently used a new product that caused a severe and painful breakout and after many days of salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide treatments I reached for this mask because of how gentle it is on the skin. It really calmed down some of the pain and redness in my face from the breakout and it almost had an "aloe vera on sunburn" effect. I love this mask for that reason, it's the star of my beauty regime and I think it is worth every penny-definitely will continue to purchase this for years to come. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 2.38.17 PM.png

@QueenMarceline So glad you have a mask you love so much! 

@QueenMarceline  Thanks for the great review- this one sounds wonderful! I bought a bunch of samples from the brand and am slowly working my way through them, but so far Iโ€™ve liked what Iโ€™ve tried! Will have to remember this one ๐Ÿ˜ข

@Shosh85 OOOH, what's your favorite product you have tried from them from your samples so far? I'm super curious.

@QueenMarceline  I've only tried 3 so far - the Blueberry Soy Night Recovery Cream, Sour Cherry Masque and the Hungarian Herbal Mud Treatment. I loved the Night Cream and am definitely considering purchasing the full size. I liked the other two, but wouldn't say I loved them.

This is what I have left to try:

Spoiler
0088C7BA-EAF5-4731-B88E-05384005C6DB.jpeg

@Shosh85 I've honestly been eyeing that blueberry soy cream, it's usually on my recommended page on Amazon. That chocolate masque looks super interesting too. This brand definitely get an A+ from my on creativity and scent. I want to try everything ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@QueenMarceline  I totally agree - A+ for scent! All three of the ones I've tried so far have smelled great! ๐Ÿ‘ƒ๐Ÿ˜‹

Thank you for the very detailed feedback on this mask, @QueenMarceline. I have yet to try a mask from that brand, although I have tried a couple of their other products. It sounds quite soothing!

@eshoe You should definitely grab a (hopefully free-I know they charge $2 for samples of Eminence at my salon ๐Ÿ‘€) sample of it. Revisiting this thread makes me want to put it on haha!

That is quite reasonable, @QueenMarceline - thank you for the tip!

Sounds very soothing @QueenMarceline 

@lmaster Honestly, the best of the best. I had a hard time picking my "all time favorite" because I love so many masks, but it had to go to this guy. It was a no brainer once I narrowed down my top faves.

@QueenMarceline, I am a fan of Eminence products ๐Ÿฅฐ and this one caught my eye. Mushroom ๐Ÿ„ in skincare products have worked very well for me. I have a few Eminence products to work my way through but am making note of your feedback on this one. 

1 Reply
testing