Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe You should definitely grab a (hopefully free-I know they charge $2 for samples of Eminence at my salon ๐Ÿ‘€) sample of it. Revisiting this thread makes me want to put it on haha!

That is quite reasonable, @QueenMarceline - thank you for the tip!

Sounds very soothing @QueenMarceline 

@lmaster Honestly, the best of the best. I had a hard time picking my "all time favorite" because I love so many masks, but it had to go to this guy. It was a no brainer once I narrowed down my top faves.

@QueenMarceline, I am a fan of Eminence products ๐Ÿฅฐ and this one caught my eye. Mushroom ๐Ÿ„ in skincare products have worked very well for me. I have a few Eminence products to work my way through but am making note of your feedback on this one. 

@itsfi Can't say enough good things about it, seriously. I've already turned my mom and sister onto this product and at least 3 friends. If you ever get a chance, try it out. Especially if mushroom works great in your skincare :). 

That there says a lot about the mask @QueenMarceline! Love hearing not just that it is a mask you recommend but that it is one you have recommended and that it's gotten raves. ๐Ÿ˜ I think I've tried a sample from this line so I may try to pick up a sample of the mask at some point.

I hope this goes with the theme from @itsfi closely enough.  I haven't used this enough that I should necessarily call it a favorite, but it's one of the favorite masks I've used lately. 

It's the Prime Youth White Snail Tone Up Mask from Holika Holika. This mask contains black and white snail mucin. It fit quite well, contained lots of extra serum, and left my skin nice and moisturized. It also contains hyaluronic acid and collagen, so I felt like it made my skin extra smooth and bouncy feeling. It was nice and comfortable to wear - I kept it on much longer than the recommended time. I love a good mask! 

1.jpg2.jpg

@PrettyPaint 

Do you have a favorite or HG snail mask?

@elleb810  I need to try more snail masks because I really like them. I feel like there was one by Benton that I really liked (Maybe the Benton Snail Bee High Content Mask pack?). I will say that @itsfi is the connoisseur of snail masks and could give some amazing recommendations! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@PrettyPaint What is the difference between the two types? It grosses me out so I won't Google it myself haha. 

@Samtian  Haha. That's funny that it grosses you out so much! I googled it, and I really can't seem to figure out the difference. It seems like it may just be the color of the snails - it doesn't seem as if there's a big difference between the mucin properties. I could be completely wrong, though! 

@PrettyPaint  Hmmm, I love snail as a skincare ingredient, but I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve seen one that specifically uses White Snail! Itโ€™s sounds like a great one! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 I really enjoyed it! I need to research the differences, because I really don't know! ๐Ÿ™‚

@PrettyPaint, if you ask me, this goes perfectly with the theme. ๐Ÿ’– This is the first I've heard or seen of this mask. I've used a Prime Youth Black Snail mask from the brand - the design of the packaging looks similar but it is black with gold trim. These results sound fantastic! ๐ŸŒ

@itsfi I really was a treat. I have been trying to use up filler masks that will expire soon, but it's nice to use a special mask to mix it up. 

This sounds like a wonderful mask, @PrettyPaint. I had not even considered the fact that there could be different types of snail mucin, but it makes sense! Masks that wear longer than the usual time are such a bonus๐Ÿ’—

@eshoe It is so nice to find a mask that you don't want to take off! ๐Ÿ™‚

@PrettyPaint this is such an underrated statement and should be a challenge for next year! I love a wash off mask that you either forget about or just donโ€™t want to wash off, just because it feels so good.

Sounds like a great mask @PrettyPaint 

Thanks @lmaster. I really enjoyed it! ๐Ÿ™‚

13 Replies
testing