Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Shosh85 

Tea tree can be a lot to take in so it's nice to hear this one was low key and only in spurts. Do you have a filler mask you like?

@elleb810  I canโ€™t say I have a favorite filler mask since I usually try to avoid them, haha! Theyโ€™re just boring, and Iโ€™ve been masking for so long, I just need something more exciting ๐Ÿ˜‰

There are some brands of masks I think in general have good filler masks though - LookAtMe, the Holika Holika โ€œPure Essenceโ€ line and Rael Beauty. Iโ€™ve tried about 12 Etude House masks from the โ€œ0.2 Therapy Airโ€ line and I would say half are great filler masks and the other half are more than fillers. I donโ€™t have my phone right now and thatโ€™s where all my notes are, so Iโ€™m sure Iโ€™m missing something 

Z for Bio-Zeup

Z - Bio-Zeup.jpg

Spoiler
The fruity floral scent of the clear, watery essence is faint and disappears quickly. It's completely undetectable by the time I get the very thin, soft felt-like fabric onto my face. Once there, it the E Nature Bio-Zeup Sheet Mask adheres beautifully, gently clinging to my skin and hugging the contours of my face. A tailored fit can be made possible with a few adjustments here and there, and there's enough slip to the essence to keep it from dripping all over. Even if that wasn't the case, there's plenty more essence in the packet to reapply to the mask or to other parts of the body. It's easy to have this mask on for 30 minutes; given how much essence the mask held, I could have easily left it on for an additional 20, possibly even 30 minutes. Results were wonderful - zero stickiness or tack; skin felt smooth, well hydrated and nourished and was glowing.  Another win by E Nature and a definite repurchase for me.

Z for ZOMG!!

RIP skincare mini fridge!RIP skincare mini fridge!

Spoiler
Not a mask but mask-related, with a Z for ZOMG!

My skincare mini fridge called it quits after 3 years, 3 months and 5 days. RIP skincare mini fridge.

@itsfi - I'm all for a younger complexion, but I hear ya - a sheet mask isn't going to perform miracles. The bio-zeup sounds interesting though. I just looked up the brand and it looks like it has some good items. Have you tried anything else from the brand?

@eshores, I've used the Birch Juice sheet mask which I like a lot. I've also sampled the essence (named skin) from the brand and liked that one as well - refreshing, hydrating. I don't know if they make the sheet mask in that series anymore (sigh!) but they seem to be redesigning some of their packaging so fingers crossed ๐Ÿคž that's all it is. This Bio-Zeup one is interesting - I was a little worried it would tingle when I read it contained paprika but nope, none of that, thank goodness. 

Wow your mini fridge went the distance, @itsfi! Are you planning to replace it?

@eshoe, not sure whether I'll replace it. I'm sure I got my money's worth with this one. It was one of the basic models and on the  low end of the price scale for them at the time and even now. I don't know if I expected it to last as long as it did but am happy that it did. Looks like the brand no longer produces these mini fridges anymore. They do, however, make air fryers. And yes, I have purchased one, as a gift. 

Ok that made me laugh out loud, @itsfi. I know they are both small appliances, but stillโ€ฆI guess the air fryer business is more lucrative๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

I am guessing your recipient enjoyed the giftโ˜บ๏ธ 

@eshoe, I would not say this particular air fryer was "small"; but it was well received. The fried veggies he made with it were great. That said, an air fryer is probably not something I would consider as a substitute for another skincare fridge. lol. 

@itsfi you had me at fruity floral!! Love that combo

Same @lmaster! It's a great combo of scents for sheet masks, imo - not too sweet on the fruity side and not too heavy on the floral side. 

@itsfi sending condolences for the beauty fridge, may it rest in peace.

Thank you @QueenMarceline! It lived a good life. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Curious to know, do you store your masks in the fridge, mini or regular sized?

@itsfi I have a couple in my fridge (the big one with the food in it, lol!) but I think I'm going to splurge and finally get myself a mini beauty fridge once I do a serious declutter of my products. My bathroom vanity is stocked with products, my closet vanity is absolutely full and my 5 drawer dresser full of palettes, back-ups and things that don't store very well has had a mini-declutter but it's still quite full. I have a problem. ๐Ÿ˜

@QueenMarceline, what is this โ€œproblemโ€ of which you speak?!! ๐Ÿง Feels more like an opportunity to find what suits you! ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Declutter / De-stashing projects are great! Well, okay, maybe not going through itโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ˜‚ but it feels good when youโ€™ve come up with a curated collection that will make you happy. I did a declutter early last year but for some categories it feels like thereโ€™s barely a dent (Iโ€™m sure thatโ€™s because there was barely a dent made ๐Ÿ˜). 

Thereโ€™s a declutter thread on BIC - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/Show-Me-Your-Declutters/m-p/4048716/highlight/t... - if you feel like sharing what you said โ€œgood byeโ€ to. Some folks also post then to the empties thread. 

@itsfi OOO! I already made a mini-declutter but if I ever find the strength to actually be honest with myself I'll definitely post. I actually am traveling right now to my little hometown (Chicago LMAO) and I literally just brought a whole large Sephora bag of stuff for my female family members and friends to go through. Everything has a new home with a new owner now after those animals (I joke, I joke ๐Ÿ˜‚) got ahold of it. What a missed opportunity to photograph it ๐Ÿ˜• bookmarking the thread now. Thanks, doll! ๐Ÿ™‚

@itsfi  

Oh wow! I wonder if that's a normal life span for the mini fridge? Curious to know if you'll replace it with another one?

Great question @missy94612! I'm not sure right now whether I'll pick up another mini fridge. It's pretty cool here at the moment (colder than it has been in the past) and the weather where I live stays fairly moderate so I'm not sure I have a huge need for a mini fridge, though even weather aside, it may not be a true need to have item. lol. If I decide to get one, I will probably wait until it warms up here. My sheet masks and skincare products have no problem staying cool for the time being. ๐Ÿ˜

@missy94612 @I went through two in two years๐Ÿ˜• The first oneโ€™s motor went out days after the one year warranty expired. I messaged the brand (Coolio) and they immediately sent me a brand new one! That one also went out just after one year ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ @itsfiโ€˜s sounds like it must have worked much better.

That's great they sent you a replacement @eshoe, even after the warranty period. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ How interesting too that they both gave out right after the 1 year mark. I wonder if that's the general life expectancy for these types of mini fridges. ๐Ÿค” 

@eshoe @itsfi 

That's quite a different shelf life for a mini fridge. 

1 Reply
testing