Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

These are super cute @lmaster! I wonder if they'll do other holiday themed slice masks.

Yes, the Fovr Mood candles are great! I'm so happy that Sephora carries them. I picked up "a few" ๐Ÿ˜† direct before they were available at Sephora. Do you have a favorite or favorites among the ones you've tried so far?

@itsfi oh my gosh!! Yes I do!! I did buy a FS you up and love it!! Cloud dream is a new favorite 

@lmaster, I debated over the mini You Up and the Gingerbread scent. Will have to go back to pick up the You Up one - says the gal who doesnโ€™t need anymore candles! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I purchased FORVR Mood Candle Duo Set during one of the sales - the one in the black jar, Sip Happens, smells really good! ๐Ÿฅฐ

@itsfi cloud dream is so yummy!!! I'm obsessed!!! The good thing about candles though,,, you can get through them rather quickly if you burn one everyday ๐Ÿ˜‰ no wasting here!

@lmaster lol! Definitely no wasting candles! I just love how the house smells with them burning! ๐Ÿฅฐ I feel like I could open a small candle boutique with the number of candles I have. ๐Ÿ˜† I havenโ€™t been home enough to burn them for very long but am looking forward to the holiday weekend. All these winter scents just waiting to be used! โ„๏ธ 

@itsfi - those gingerbread masks are adorable! Never knew Smackers made masks; I always think of lip balms when I hear that brand.

@eshores, these may be the first slice masks, or just masks in general, that I've seen from the brand. I'll be sure to keep my eye on any future products like this one; maybe they'll come out with other holiday-themed slice masks. ๐Ÿ˜

Whoever decorated that gingerbread cookie deserves a little high five back, @itsfi - it is adorable! As are the masks, time to add that to cart because Christmas is just around the corner!

@eshoe, the gingerbread slices are really cute and would make an excellent gift or stocking stuffer! Now Iโ€™m wondering if there were other designs that I missed out on. ๐ŸŽ„ 

@itsfi  Oh my goodness those slice masks are soo cute! It would've been a nice bonus if they smelled like gingerbread, but fruity/berry doesn't sound so bad either!

P.S. That cookie looks super delicious and probably even cuter than the slice masks! ๐Ÿ˜‹

@Shosh85, I didnโ€™t realize these were slices when I picked it up; thought it was a full size sheet mask with a gingerbread design. ๐Ÿ˜† Another reminder to read packaging, but in this case it was a fun surprise and the gingerbread slices are really cute! It also made it easy to eat and drink while masking  with it being slices. Hahaha!  The cookie was a nice tasty treat. ๐Ÿ˜‹

Ok, those are just adorable, @itsfi. I'm totally with you on the slices not always being enough on their own, but so good for targeting specific areas if just a couple of spots need some extra oomph. The cookie looks delicious! Was it a sugar cookie just decorated to look like a gingerbread man? 

@quspork, yes! It was a sugar cookie dressed as a gingerbread man! Tasty. I need to bake and put together some gingerbread houses for decorating this weekend, and after having this one, Iโ€™m thinking maybe a sugar cookie recipe is the way to go. Kids will probably prefer the taste of a sugar cookie more so than gingerbread. ๐Ÿค” 

You may be right about that, @itsfi. I know at least one of my nieces prefers doesn't care for the "spice" of gingerbread. 

X is for olapleX and about to eXpire. 79BF5DD2-99EA-4FEB-B668-5A048C3C33F7.jpeg

I went through my mask stash and pulled out the masks that were about to expire and decided to use the Candy O Lady cotton candy. It has a decent fit, lots of serum, and a nice light scent. I left it on for 10 minutes and had plenty of serum left to massage in. It wasnโ€™t too tacky and my face did feel hydrated. Overall I give it a B, nothing special but I would use it again. I have been loving the Olaplex No. 8 Bond Intense Moisture Hair Mask 3.3 oz/ 100 mL . I usually keep it in for 10-15 minutes and my hair has been looking so much better lately.

Ohhhh the olaplex mask I still need to try!! Sounds great @faeriegirl 

Yay for filler masks that just help get the skin routine done, @faeriegirl! There would be no stars if every mask was stellar. These are greatly appreciated โ˜บ๏ธ

@faeriegirl  I agree with you on the sheet mask - makes a good filler mask.

Glad to hear you're loving the Olaplex! I've been seriously considering buying it!

I agree with your assessment on the Candy O'Lady Cotton Candy one, @faeriegirl. It's nice, a good basic one to grab for a little extra hydration, just not a must-have. 

@faeriegirl, the packaging on the Candy O' Lady masks are cute; the masks in the line sound like filler masks. How often do you use the Olaplex No. 8 mask?

@itsfi  I use it once a week.

2 Replies
testing