Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

It's hard to argue with those results, @Shosh85 - glad it ended up working out nicely despite the adherence!

@quspork  It's the results that matter most to me! Maybe next time if I do this one again, I'll make sure it's a time I'm able to lay down. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85, I liked the results from this mask too! It's probably one of the foil masks I like best. 

@itsfi I think I'd have to agree with you there. The red is also super pretty and very festive ๐Ÿ˜‰

A couple other top contenders would be the Banobagi Vita Cocktail Brightening Foil Mask and Peach Slices Lucky Cat's Gold Foil Mask. It's been awhile since I've tried those masks though, so my opinion might be different if I tried them again.

Yes, the mask is a very pretty shade of red @Shosh85. ๐Ÿ˜ The Banobagi foil masks are good; I havenโ€™t tried all of them but have liked the ones I have tried. The Mediheal Air Wrapping ones work for me as well. I remember that peach slices cat gold foil mask - it was limited edition right?

@itsfi  The Mediheal ones were pretty decent too, I think I like the green/mint colored one the best.

I don't think I realized the Peach Slices mask was LE, but you're probably right. I don't see in stock on any website. 

A couple of nights ago, I found this hidden in the back of my sheet mask drawer. โ€œYโ€ for Youth, Yadah & les Yeux

93DC7C83-81B8-4161-9299-70D9E69E02D1.jpeg

Spoiler
Another go for the Youth To The People Superclay Purify + Clear Power Mask with Niacinamide 2.0 oz/ 60 mL. I have used this a couple of times, and while it hasnโ€™t necessarily caused any issues, it seems a rather โ€˜mehโ€™ product for me. It does dry down, not terribly tightening, but enough that it makes my skin feel uncomfortable. I wouldnโ€™t repurchase, as there are plenty of other similar masks that perform better.

The Lookatme Watermelon Hydrogel Eye Patches have the sweetest watermelon candy scent, and are soft on the exterior sides. They fit comfortably, and I wore them well after I had removed my sheet mask. I would definitely pick these up again!

Wine for daily veggies? Yadah says so. The Yadah Daily Vegi Mask Wine ๐Ÿค” was an extremely thin, soaked in thick serum mask with a pale magenta hue. It took a little maneuvering to unfold it, but once I did, it was worth the wait. It adhered beautifully, but the fit on the eyes was quite wonky, requiring snips on both inner and outer parts of the openings. It felt like a second skin, and I wore for well over 30 minutes. I removed and felt zero residual tack. About 30 minutes after removing, my skin began to appear flushed, and my daughter noted that even my ears were bright red. Not sure if the two have anything to do with one another, but my face definitely felt warm. It subsided within a couple of hours, enough to make me hesitant to use this one again, despite how enjoyable it was to wear. However - it makes me curious about other โ€˜flavorsโ€™ in this line, which I do plan to seek out!

Ingredients: (lots of grapes!)

Spoiler
1245270F-E750-4E90-9F78-3453ABD9AB5E.jpeg

I wonder if the cooler temps are making our skin more sensitive to certain ingredients @eshoe 

That is an interesting theory, @lmaster๐Ÿค” I do wonder!

@eshoe  Oooo great masking. The watermelon eye patches sound so sweet!! And the Yadah one sounds amazing!!! I do like the Yadah ones!!

Yes everything here was wonderful, @ather. Even though there were a few minor hiccups, it wouldnโ€™t deter me from trying similar masks in the future. The eye patches, well-I could go for a mango one, too๐Ÿ˜™

@eshoe  Oooo yes mango would be nice. 

Nice review, interesting! @eshoe 

Thank you, @sister13 ๐Ÿ˜˜

While I'm all for counting wine as a veggie, I hate to see that this one didn't seem to work out best for your skin, @eshoe. I'm glad the flushing didn't last too long. 

Yeah, I found it a bit humorous too, @quspork! I guess this red was just not for me๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe  Hmm, last I checked, grapes were a fruit, not a veggie ๐Ÿ˜‚

I'd be curious what it was that made your face flushed ๐Ÿค” Glad it eventually went away! Sounds like a great mask otherwise!

Thatโ€™s what I thought, too, @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜‚ Not even sure where they were going with that, ha! It was a wonderful mask besides the reddened skin, which may have been due to something else (though I didnโ€™t have anything in my routine/earlier dinner that I can think of as a culprit ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ).

@Shosh85, nice with grapes as fruit! ๐Ÿ‡ ๐Ÿ˜† Maybe their QC team had a little too much vino ๐Ÿท when going over the name? ๐Ÿ˜‚

@eshoe, do you have a sensitivity to red wine or experience any flushing if/when you have it? 

@itsfi I was thinking the same thing! 

I have on occasion become flushed after drinking it, but it doesnโ€™t happen often. I remember reading somewhere that certain wines can cause this due to them having excess sulfites. Maybe this mask was just a potent one!  @Shosh85 

@itsfi  You might be on to something. ๐Ÿค” Have you heard of people being sensitive to red grapes or red wine specifically?

I went on a wine tour a while back with my work group, and my boss (the dentist, who's a tiny little Asian women) would get beet red after just having a half of glass of wine - but that might be an alcohol content thing and her just being a lightweight. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@eshoe 

6 Replies
testing