Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Kim888  The messiness of it wasn't a big deal, just wasn't expecting that consistency from a mud mask. The cinnamon scent was definitely a nice bonus! 

@Shosh85, the warming on this one sounds like what I had hoped or expected from the PTR thermal mask. I havenโ€™t tried this particular Eminence mask but they have another โ€œwarmingโ€ mask in their collection - I experienced just the slightest bit of warming  with that one. Your mask here seems to do a better job of living up to that warming claim. Will add a sample of this one to my โ€œto tryโ€ list. ๐Ÿ“ So many products to try, just one face. What a dilemma! ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi I wouldn't say the warming effect was anything compared to Farmacy Honey Potion, but it was more noticeable than the PTR. The warming sensation was light, sort of like the feeling you get when your face is flushed. The initial tingling was more intense, and I feel like it may be too much for some people - definitely not for sensitive skin. 

๐ŸŒถ

Ahhh! Thatโ€™s good to know @Shosh85. Thank you! Crossing it off the list. My skin doesnโ€™t like the sound of intense tingling. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ I do loooooove the Farmacy Honey! ๐Ÿฏ So good. That mask has earned its HG status in my book. ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ

Iโ€™m behind. The other night I couldnโ€™t sleep. So I got up and grabbed a sheet mask  because I couldnโ€™t think of anything else to do. I got these in Hawaii a while back from The Face Shop and realize they are probably getting old. These have TONS of serum in them. The masks fit pretty well, but I did feel this was drying after less than 15 minutes. Scent was a lovely light tea floral. I donโ€™t think it really helped me sleep but at least I felt like I was doing something good for my skin instead of stressing about not sleeping! Afterwards, it felt a little bit tacky, and my skin did not feel especially renewed after, but I had no adverse reaction either. I donโ€™t usually notice too much, and couldnโ€™t expect that much really since I got barely sleep. 

I do have more of these and love the package and descriptions. I forgot to take a picture of the back. Also, I feel so bad wasting the rest of the serum in the packet, but not sure about trying to use it up either. 

97430CB0-FEA7-48D4-B6C4-B47890B060F2.jpeg

@sister13 sounds decent for sure! Sometimes I will put extra serum in an empty moisturizer jar but I try to use it up within a couple days

@sister13 you have already received lots of great feedback in what to do with the extra serum, and storing themโ€ฆhurrah! Not sure what more I could add, but that I have had similar experiences with this brand. There is some residual tack, but adding on moisturizer afterwards helps alleviate that. 

@sister13, the scent on this mask sounds calming and refreshing. Itโ€™s too bad the mask started to dry up so early in the masking routine. ๐Ÿ˜ž I sometimes take the extra essence in the pouch and apply more to the drier areas of my face before applying the mask or during the masking time if I feel certain parts of it starting to dry. Though lately, Iโ€™ve been applying it on my hands (in addition to my arms, legs, etc.) and then following up with my hand cream. My hands get more dry this time of year so Iโ€™ll take the extra hydration there if I can. 

ETA: Another thought โ€ฆ how do you store your masks? For sheet masks with a lot of serum, Iโ€™ll sometimes store masks I plan to use flat (horizontally) instead of upright so the serum is less likely to pool at the bottom of the packet and more of it is dispersed to the sheet, and more evenly 

Ooh, yes, storing them flat would be a good idea, they are standing up! I also wasnโ€™t so bothered by the wear time, since I had that very cold face situation that was being discussed earlier! @itsfi 

@sister13  Too bad you only got 15 minutes of wear time - I'd be curious if it would've be any better if it had been brand new ๐Ÿค” I really liked the Aรงaรญ one from this line! 

Yeah, I wonder too, but I donโ€™t remember from trying them when they were new! @Shosh85 

i still really like them overall! 

It's too bad it felt like it was drying out before even 15 minutes but it does sound like a nice mask overall, @sister13. I wonder if the age of the mask played a part in it not staying moist for as long. I do love a mask with extra serum in the packet though! Depending on how I'm feeling sometimes I'll use it on my hands, arms, neck areas or just save it to pat on my face the following day. 

I had enough to use on practically my whole body after my shower, haha! @quspork  

@quspork @Agree! I always rub extra serum on my elbows ! Can never get enough moisture there 

X for Xmas, with a gingerbread theme. 

X - Xmas (gingerbread).jpg

An afternoon work break earlier this week consisted of coffee, a gingerbread cookie, and these Smackers Hydrating Face Mask Slices. Sadly, neither the cookie nor the mask slices smelled of gingerbread - the slices actually have a fruity, berry scent (thank you added fragrance). To get my gingerbread fix, I had FORVR Mood Mini Gingerbread Traphouse Candle 2.5 oz/ 71 g burning in the background. ๐Ÿ˜

I find mask slices like these 8 gingerbread shaped pieces to be lightly hydrating. For my skin type this time of the year (combo leaning dry and dehydrated), mask slices are not hydrating enough on their own, but I find them to be helpful add-ons. I usually layer these slices underneath a sheet mask year round. In the cooler months, if I use for a clay mask all over, I will often place a mask slice atop the clay mask in those areas of my face that are drier, tend to get dry faster, or are prone to dry patches. This allows me to get the purifying and decongesting benefits of the clay mask all over, but to also add some hydration to the dry spots, to keep those areas from feeling tight or dry.

How cute are these gingerbread mask slices?How cute are these gingerbread mask slices?

How adorbs!!! @itsfi sorry you didn't get a gingerbread scent off the first one, those forvr candles have been really good,, only one I didn't like so far

These are super cute @lmaster! I wonder if they'll do other holiday themed slice masks.

Yes, the Fovr Mood candles are great! I'm so happy that Sephora carries them. I picked up "a few" ๐Ÿ˜† direct before they were available at Sephora. Do you have a favorite or favorites among the ones you've tried so far?

@itsfi oh my gosh!! Yes I do!! I did buy a FS you up and love it!! Cloud dream is a new favorite 

@lmaster, I debated over the mini You Up and the Gingerbread scent. Will have to go back to pick up the You Up one - says the gal who doesnโ€™t need anymore candles! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I purchased FORVR Mood Candle Duo Set during one of the sales - the one in the black jar, Sip Happens, smells really good! ๐Ÿฅฐ

@itsfi cloud dream is so yummy!!! I'm obsessed!!! The good thing about candles though,,, you can get through them rather quickly if you burn one everyday ๐Ÿ˜‰ no wasting here!

@lmaster lol! Definitely no wasting candles! I just love how the house smells with them burning! ๐Ÿฅฐ I feel like I could open a small candle boutique with the number of candles I have. ๐Ÿ˜† I havenโ€™t been home enough to burn them for very long but am looking forward to the holiday weekend. All these winter scents just waiting to be used! โ„๏ธ 

2 Replies
testing