Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

For a little special occasion and pampering (thanks, @itsfi ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ), I reached for these treats:

68BC1DA2-5DD3-4E92-9A36-C9C489F3D05C.jpeg

Spoiler
Chantecailleโ€™s Bio Lifting Mask is a thinner yet rich, creamy blend of floral extracts in a rose water (first ingredient, even!) base. It has a dusty rose scent that I am not wild about, but it is just faint enough that it is not bothersome. I was concerned that it might irritate my eyes, as some fragranced masks tend to do, but it did not. It can be used as a wash-off or overnight mask, although I have only tried it as the former. In terms of โ€˜performance,โ€™ hmmmmm. I cannot say that I noticed anything miraculous going on, but it did feel like quite the special, luxurious treat. The product is undergoing a reformulation, so I am curious to know what will be changing; if I could make a suggestion, it would be the scent!

Ingredients:
Spoiler
Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Aqua/ Water/Eau, Propanediol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, C12-20 Acid Peg-8 Ester, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Carbomer, Saccharide Isomerate, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), C12-13 Alkyl Lactate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Pullulan, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Disodium Edta, Bisabolol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, Nannochloropsis Oculata Extract, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Peg-8, Acacia Dealbata Flower Wax, Jasminum Grandiflorum (Jasmine) Flower Wax, Narcissus Poeticus Flower Wax, Pelargonium Graveolens Oil, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol,Tocopherol, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract,Sodium Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Potassium Sorbate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Ascorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Biotin [Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool]

If it's in bold, it's natural!

Contains 94% Natural including a rosewater base
The Eve Lom Brightening Sheet Mask is a repeat and another one that I have been saving for a rainy day. The heavy cottony sheet was sparked in a thick, lotion-like milky cream serum. The eye and mouth openings were adequate and required no snipping. The scent; chemical? I did not notice this the first time I wore this mask, so I attribute it to how long it sat in my drawer. Another difference I noted was that the first time I tried this, my face was visibly brightened as the name would suggest - enough that I remember thinking, โ€œWoah!โ€ This time, I just noticed a slight plumping. My lesson to myself this week, donโ€™t wait for a rainy day!

The last little luxe touch was the Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask. I am still debating the LE, but just cannot bring myself to purchase yet another lip mask when I have a backlog still in progress. Although I feel that may just be the way things are for awhile ๐Ÿ˜„

@eshoe - those sequins are fun! The ho-ho-ho is a great festive touch too - did you write it or is a sticker? 

Thank you, @eshores! it is actually an acrylic cutout, meant for a gift tag/packaging. I think it was a World Market find.

@eshoe, great choices for a pamper sesh! ๐Ÿ˜ That's too bad about the scent on the Eve Lom mask.

Agree about not waiting for a rainy day; easy to say, hard to do though - I have said that one of the best special occassions for masking is a day ending in "y". ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’–

Your special day categorizing is duly noted, @itsfi โ˜บ๏ธ Better to make it a โ€˜rainy dayโ€™ than an โ€˜expiredโ€™ (mask) day!

Lovely! I got this Chantecaille mask recently but since itโ€™s sealed I thought Iโ€™d wait a bit before opening. @eshoe 

@sister13 I am not as patient as you, apparently. I waited a day and was quite proud of myself ๐Ÿ˜‚

This definitely sounds like a luxurious masking sesh! @eshoe 

It sure felt like it, @lmaster! It is fun having one of these around this time of the year๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

@eshoe  It's too bad this this Eve Lom mask didn't perform as well as the last one! I know I've owned some masks I felt the need to hoard! 

It happens too easily, doesnโ€™t it, @Shosh85? I still hoard When but so far none have expired. So far! 

A mask for a little extra pampering . . . 

Hello Goodness, indeed!!! Chocolate ... mmmm....Hello Goodness, indeed!!! Chocolate ... mmmm....

Spoiler
First of all, let me get this out of the way โ€ฆ the Lovinah Chocolate Truffle Collagen Boosting Antioxidant Mask  smells amazing!!!! Uh - may - zing!! Chocolate goodness, indeed (how cute is the inside flap on the lid to the box?)! At least initially. There is a brief moment when I pick up an earthiness (likely from the mushroom extract) and then later, also briefly, a floralness to the fragrance, but both quickly evaporate, and then thereโ€™s the very welcome return to the delicious chocolate scent! It smells like chocolate cake batter as it first gets poured into a pan and placed in the oven. This yumminess lingers just so, wafting in and out every so often.

The dark chocolate hued cream mask applies smoothly onto the skin. I did pick up what might be cocoa nibs ever so sparingly scattered throughout, but they seemed to dissintegrate / melt into the creaminess of the mask as I massaged the product into the skin. The mask claims a host of skincare benefits - from detoxifying, nourishing and hydrating skin to reducing inflammation, boosting cell turnover and slowing down the skinโ€™s aging process. The latter two seems like something that requires more than a single use to see any visible results so those will be addressed at a later date. I surprisingly didnโ€™t have any redness this morning so I couldnโ€™t speak to those claims in this instance. As for the other claims, well, Iโ€™m happy to say they were on point. After rinsing off the mask following 15 minutes of wear, my skin looked more clear, and felt soft, smooth, and hydrated with a bit of bounce to it.

The one small downside of this particular mask is that, unlike the royal jelly overnight mask from the brand, this one did not come with a spatula, at least mine did not include one. It's hardly a deal breaker for me as I have others I can use, including the one that accompanied the royal jelly mask. 

This mask really is "chocolate goodness"! ๐Ÿ’– Iโ€™ll be reaching for this one on a weekly basis, both for these great results and to get in a fix of chocolate-y goodness without the calories! ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi - OMG chocolate? Does it taste like chocolate too? ๐Ÿ˜

@eshores, I didnโ€™t put it to a taste test but will try to remember to do that the next time I reach for this one. ๐Ÿซ 

@itsfi  

Chocolate?! My husband and I are in! He just said he's sure Santa has already put it in his sleigh. LOL.

Love this @missy94612! ๐Ÿ’– Your husband is such a good sport! Both of you will looooove this chocolate mask! Maybe Santa will toss in some actual chocolate too! ๐Ÿซ

@itsfi 

waynes-world-mike-myers.gif

โ€ƒ

@lmaster, I will not try to dissuade you! ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Goooo girl, get all the masks! ๐Ÿ› It's an investment. ๐Ÿ˜‰

go shopping.gif

@lmaster 

LOL. 

@missy94612 @itsfi in it for life ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ˜…

Mmmmmmm, chocolate cake batter in a mask, sounds like the perfect dessert @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜‹ What a great duo of masks you picked!

testing