Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe, I had to resist the urge to bake a cake. ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿ˜‚ Not surprising; I often pair my masking with food of some sort - ice cream ๐Ÿจ a host of times - chocolate, strawberry, etc., cake ๐ŸŽ‚ every so often, coffee โ˜• whenever I can and tea ๐Ÿต, etc. This was a good mask; I've had good results from all the products I've tried from the brand so far. ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi  You had me at chocolate! Yum! ๐Ÿคค Definitely sounds like a winner! ๐Ÿซ

@Shosh85, this mask smells so good. ๐Ÿซ For science I will use it more frequently so I can give it a good trialing. Hahahaha! For science. ๐Ÿงช ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

That mask sounds fantastic @itsfi!

It's been such a nice find @faeriegirl! Definitely one that will be included in the weekly rotation. ๐Ÿ‘

That brand looks really interesting @itsfi ! I wonder how this mask compared to the May Lindstrom problem solver mask - I feel that a lot of the claims are very similar . 

love when a mask smells super yummy! 

@Kim888, Iโ€™ve tried 2 masks from the brand and have liked them both! ๐Ÿ˜ Makes me even more excited to try the other Lovinah products I purchased. 

Oh, May Lindstrom is such a luxe brand. I picked up the chocolate box sampler. Iโ€™m pretty sure thereโ€™s a sample of that Problem Solver Mask; will have to check. Will be interesting to see how it compares to this Chocolate Truffle mask.

@itsfi Iโ€™ll be interested to hear your thoughts when you try it! May lindstrom is so lux! I got samples a few times when detox market had them but Iโ€™ve been contemplating investing in a full size. I always make such a mess with the loose mask you have to mix though so if this one delivers similar results it would be convenient! 

@Kim888, I may not be able to get to it until the holiday weekend, but I will let you know how they compare. Oh my goodness, I completely understand about the messiness of those masks you have to mix. I've passed on a few masks because I don't want to have to deal with the mess. Are there May Lindstrom products you've tried and loved?

@itsfi I also tried the blue cocoon which was nice but if memory serves I didn't think it was significantly better than way cheaper options. I may have tried the honey mud once, but I can't remember anything about it. 

@itsfi it smells like chocolate? I'm in!! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‚

Hahaha @nuinui933! I picked it up hoping it would smell like chocolate. I love that it does and that the scent lingers. ๐Ÿซ 

There might be more than a couple of weeks I have missed, but here goes.

Mask Stash Clean Out

D30605FF-6DE2-45B0-9E9C-150A1832750B.jpeg

Spoiler
I have been saving this for a special day, as it was a highly rated mask from others here, and a gift from @Shosh85. I saved it for so long, that when I took it out of my drawer for a peek, noticed that it expired well over a year ago ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ I decided to dive in and see why it was such a well-loved mask!
524AA389-F7A9-42BD-813D-FD0F1E1BB6F7.jpeg

The sheet itself was a thicker, cotton, pillowy-stretchy fabric. The serum was noticeable grape; a sweet, artificial grape candy scent. The funny thing is that the entire time I was wearing this mask, I thought it was perhaps fermented apple as it was expired. It wasnโ€™t until my daughter pointed out how big the grapes were on the package that it all made sense. I wore it at least 30 minutes, and could have for longer, as it had yet to dry down. Once removed, I did not notice any remaining tack. This was easily the best expired mask I have ever used ๐Ÿ˜„ Thank you Shosh85 for sending this my way, I can see why it was such a hit!                  

โ€œWโ€ Winter Wonders

E04A3705-7888-4BA4-83C2-A8BB1D6B3017.jpeg

Spoiler
The Leahlani Honey Love is one of my very favorite special masks to use. It very gently physically exfoliates my skin with a honey-berry scented, jammy concoction. I just finished this jar and repurchased it today direct, since I love the Mermaid Mask, too.
Spoiler
A1B1995B-04EC-43E8-A2BD-87669746B0A3.jpeg

โ€ƒ

The Med B One Day Honey Mask had a clean, almost undetectable scent. The sheet itself was stretchy and lightweight, with eye openings on the smaller side (though I just tugged them open a bit rather than snipping). There were no slits for adjustments or creating little overlaps to help secure it in place. It had a clear, thin serum and wore for about 25 minutes. After removing, I noticed little to no tackiness. Not bad, but not one I would seek out in the future. 

The MERIT Shade Slick Classics Tinted Lip Oil Pink Beet that @quspork surprised me with this fall is a very pleasant, light-medium weight nourishing lip treat that I like to wear on evening when I finish masking and will be up for a bit. The glossy tint is just enough to give some shine and life to my lips before my sleeping mask. Thank you for this lovely treat, quspork - I am enjoying it very much!

@eshoe 

The honey mask looks good. Too bad it was just okay.

Oh, I hope it didnโ€™t come across that way, @missy94612! I love that one - all three of the Leahlani masks I have tried are absolutely delightful ๐Ÿ’— Almost good enough to eat ๐Ÿ˜„

I absolutely loved those saem masks!! @eshoe 

It was soooooo good, @lmaster. Those comfy, cozy, wrap your skin up in it masks like this are great!

So glad you're enjoying the Merit oil, @eshoe! That Leahlani mask is sounding heavenly too. Adding that brand to my 2022 list now!

The Merit will likely be finished before too long, @quspork - nice pick! Leahlaniโ€™s mask trio has this one, along with the Mermaid Mask and Meli Glow, all of which have delicious scents. Shipping takes awhile, but itโ€™s worth the wait.

@eshoe  I'm glad the mask turned out great despite it being expired! I loved that mask! The apple one was great too! I'm so sad they've been discontinued ๐Ÿ˜ข

The Honey Love mask sounds wonderful! You got me at "honey-berry scented" ๐Ÿ˜‹ That's definitely one I'd like to try sometime 

I can see why you loved it, @Shosh85 - it was so cozy and had was deliciously scented! I think you would enjoy that Leahlani mask, that is one that could be good enough to eatโ˜บ๏ธ

1 Reply
testing