Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@quspork, that is a brilliant strategy!! ๐Ÿ’ก If I saw โ€œface blanketโ€ on a mask, I would, at the very least, stop to take a deeper look at it. ๐Ÿง And the odds are the mask is coming home with me once I do that. ๐Ÿคฃ

@itsfi great variety for W week!! I'm with you,, I'm trying to get through masks in general before I buy more

@lmaster, thank you! Thereโ€™s always some letters of the alphabet that I can ger more masks in than others.

@itsfi have you tried the Charlotte Tilbury Instant Magic Facial Dry Sheet Mask 1 mask ? The eco mask sounds sort of similar to that, Iโ€™m wondering if they are! I liked the Charlotte tilbury one but I found the scent a bit overwhelming so it would be cool to have another option. 

Instant magic is a big promise but it sounds like it lived up to the hype! 

@Kim888, I have tried the CT dry mask, when it was first released. The side of the Eco Your Skin mask that faces out feels like the outside of the CT dry mask. The side of the Eco Your Skin mask that is meant to be applied against the skin, however, resembles a hybrid of a biocellulose mask and a traditional lotion/cream serum saturated sheet mask - like a biocellulose in that the serum is infused in the mask and not really noticeable until worn - thereโ€™s no serum oozing or dripping from the sheet. Like a traditional sheet mask in that when you apply it against the skin you can feel the serum / essence (as opposed with biocellulose masks where I donโ€™t always feel the serum until after I removed the mask and feel some remaining atop my face). 

Oh wow that sounds super interesting @itsfi!! Thanks for sharing !! 

@itsfi a warm cozy blanket is definitely wintery. The white jade one looks cool with part of the syringe glowing like that. Is it lit up on the packaging in real life?

@nuinui933, this time of the year, I have blankets everywhere around the house. lol. I think that package on that Banobagi mask turned out that way because of the lighting in the room or maybe the flash from my camera, because it doesn't light up or glow like that in real life. I'll have to see if I have another one of these masks or if I have one of the other 3 varieties - and will try taking another photo. 

@itsfi  These all sound like some decent masks! The plump, bouncy, and dewyness of the Leaders mask sounds pretty nice! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, I was pleasantly surprised by the Leaders mask. I shouldnโ€™t have been though - that brand has really been good to my skin over the years.

When I first started masking, Leaders probably made up a good 70-80% of the sheet masks in my stash; been thinking a lot recently about how to incorporate more of them back into my mask collection and still have a good mix of new masks or masks from new brands, without having a stash that is out of control - been there, done that and donโ€™t want to do it again if I can help it. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Ohhh, the decisions to be made. ๐Ÿคฃ  I hadnโ€™t tried this one until now; definitely one worth using again. 

@itsfi  Yeah, when I was new to masking, Leaders was one of my favorite mask brands, but after years of masking, that has changed. I still like them, they're just not a "love" anymore. I think that's due to the fragrance in most of the ones I've tried. My favorite Leaders mask so far is probably the "Juicy Pina Colada Bright Mask" - it's smells sooo good and has great results.

So, I'm sure you knew this was coming, ๐Ÿ˜‰ but what has been your favorite Leaders mask? 

I need to use that Leaders pina colada mask again @Shosh85! I remember it smelling really good! 

"So, I'm sure you knew this was coming, ๐Ÿ˜‰ but what has been your favorite ..." 

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Yes!! And I looooove that for as many years as we've been masking and posting here that we still ask that question. Hahaha! I have two favorites, in the order I discovered them: (1) Leaders Aquablend Oil Pocket Mask (Nourishing) - in the brown packet though the moisturizing/hydrating version in the blue packet is also nice and (2) Leaders 17V Derma Pibu Wang Mask - the one with the cat on it. This one isn't on the Leaders site anymore and on iHerb it says it's been discontinued. Huh? I wonder if they are redesigning the package though - my wishful thinking coming into play. Ugh, another mask being discontinued. ๐Ÿ˜ฃ I did find a set of 5 on Soko Glam site and while I wasn't planning on buying until I finished up with the sheet masks I recently hauled, I'm making an exception here if it's being discontinued! So to your question, I guess I don't have a favorite Leaders mask anymore. Sigh. 

This has (sadly) been discontinued for at least a year now...This has (sadly) been discontinued for at least a year now...

What?!!! It looks like this one is discontinued too!!! WHAT?!!!What?!!! It looks like this one is discontinued too!!! WHAT?!!!

@itsfi  Oh, I loved that White Truffle Oil one too! I had no idea it was discontinued, but I guess I'm not too surprised! ๐Ÿ˜•

@Shosh85, it was one of the first, if not the first, oil serum sheet masks I used. The good news is that more brands have oil serum sheet masks in their collections now. 

Yes, of course, these would be discontinued. Maybe I'll just start applying a reserve psychology approach to reviewing masks since there are some masks that are passes for me that continue to stick around while so many of the ones I consider favorites have gone on to be discontinued. ๐Ÿ˜†

W is for Watermelon 

Spoiler
Creme shop watermelon and kombucha sheet mask. 

Like other creme shop masks, the fit was slightly large but the mask itself was soft and well saturated. This had a sweet watermelon scent. 

i liked this better than the other fusion one with matcha I tried. This one was non irritating and very hydrating. 

overall, nothing super exciting but a good staple mask, I would use again. 

35E49258-79A0-42CE-B16C-A17A505D2264.jpeg

โ€ƒ

This one sounds great @Kim888 always nice to have a good staple when you need it

@Kim888  I haven't tried this one yet, but it sounds like a typical Creme Shop mask! A good scent is always a bonus! ๐Ÿ‰

@Kim888, I had a similar take on this mask. Itโ€™s a nice one; not one I would consider a must have but I would be happy to use it again.

W for watermelon 

W - watermelon.jpg

Spoiler

The clear, slightly viscous essence saturating the super thin Tencel sheet of the Too Cool For School Natural Vita Mask (Hydration) has a delicious watermelon candy scent - not a watermelon jolly rancher scent that many of us have become familiar with when it comes to watermelon sheet masks, but more like the watermelon scent from watermelon gummies. The sheet feels soft against the skin, the thinness hugging every curve like second skin, with the lightly cooling sensation from the essence creating a sense of refreshing calm. (FYI: The actual watermelon ๐Ÿ‰ was actual refreshing! ๐Ÿ˜‰) A few adjustments to the length at the chin and the openings for the eyes and mouth are all that's needed for a tailored fit and the claims of hydration are felt even before removing the mask. The packaging may have you believe that this is an ideal mask for the warmer months and I don't doubt that, but having used it this week, I'd say that it could work beautifully year round and will most certainly be repurchased.

To the product development team at Too Cool For School, well done! ๐Ÿ‘ This is a great addition to the TCFS family and its sheet mask collection. Now, if you can spare a few minutes, might we talk about bringing back the Coconut Ceramide Mask?

Yes maskers, I will take every opportunity to try to bring that lovely mask back. ๐Ÿ˜‚ @Shosh85  

Ohhhh and it's packaging is so tempting!! @itsfi added to list ๐Ÿคฃ

@lmaster, yes! A good mask all around! The packaging definitely draws you in. ๐Ÿ‰ It did me! ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

1 Reply
testing