Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Yes! Really starting to miss traveling lately! @itsfi ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’•

@sister13, I feel that! I consider myself more of a homebody, but my goodness, traveling (for fun) sure does sound good. 

@sister13 Ooh those May products have been on my I can only dream list haha, how do you like them?

LOVE them! I got The Blue Cocoon a looong time ago in a Caroline Hirons box, and just replaced it. I got to meet May Lindstrom for an amazing event (pre-pandemic) in Denver and it, and she, were amazing! All of her products seriously smell so amazing! She just had a free gift with a free spritz, a full sizeThe Jasmine Garden and a sample of her new body oil. Really canโ€™t recommend highly enough! @Samtian 

@sister13 That is so awesome!  I remember a few years back @Mochapj I think it was, got to meet her and they went through her products. I have the Jasmine Garden and am going to be sad when it runs out. Haha it's already 5 years old. 

Doing some catch up, with a couple of U for Ultra

U - ultra cream mask.jpg

Spoiler
With the exception of the peak of summer when my skin is at its oiliest, cream masks like the A-by-Bom Super Power Baby All in 1 Ultra Perfect Cream Mask are right up my alley pretty much all year-round.  This mask is marketed as providing you a lotion, serum and oil in one product. The thicker-leaning cotton mask itself is soaked but not dripping with the milky cream essence that contains, among other things, rice extracts and milk proteins which serve to naturally exfoliate and nourish the skin. The creamy essence feels luxuriously comforting and soothing against my combo-dry skinAdherence is good and fit is typical for most sheet masks but a few adjustments here and there is all that is needed. After having on the mask for half an hour, my skin feels soft, smooth, more plump/bouncy, moisturized and nourished after removing the mask and pressing in the serum that remains. Another mask to add to the list of repurchase-worthy products!

Another U masking sesh, this time with a honey theme
U - Ultra (Honey).jpg
Spoiler
A-by-Bom Ultra Royal Glow Queen Mask is an oldie but goodie, and boasts a lot of hits - soft, thinner-leaning Tencel; feels soft and smooth on the skin. Adherence was great and a tailored fit can be had with adjustments to the perimeter as well as the eye and mouth openings. The lightly brown-hued viscous essence smells deliciously of honey, with a bit of something floral to my nose - I'd guess moringa based on the INCI list, which also boasts great for dry skin ingredients like honey, royal jelly and propolis. The sheet holds a lot of essence; I easily kept the mask on for my usual half hour but I feel like I could have tacked on an additional 20-30, without it starting to dry. For as much essence remained atop my face after removing the mask, it did absorb quickly and easily, leaving a slight-to-medium tack, which is easily resolved by following up with my skincare routine.  My skin looked and felt smooth and plump, with a lovely bounce and healthy glow to it. A repeated repurchase.
Origins Clear Improvementโ„ข Charcoal Honey Mask to Purify and Nourish 2.5 oz/ 75 mL 

@itsfi I'm seeing this trend of masks you've been reviewing,,, going on my list ๐Ÿคฃ

@lmaster, cream sheet masks, oil masks, milky essences, honey based sheets โ€ฆ it is on! ๐Ÿ˜Š Gotta do whatever I can to keep this mug nourished, glowy, and clear of dry patches! ๐Ÿ˜‰ The winter chill ๐Ÿฅถ will not get the best of me this year! Oh no it will not! ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi haha!! ๐Ÿคฃ I'm just sitting here soaking up this November 60 degree weather ๐Ÿ™Œ 

60s in November @lmaster? Niiiice! Itโ€™s been a little inconsistent here, with last night being very chilly. Thereโ€™s also pros and cons to having the heater on at work all day long; my skin is learning to make adjustments. ๐Ÿ˜† And these sheet masks are helping! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Now it's 60s in December ๐Ÿคฃ @itsfi I'll take it, definitely looks like our seasons are Changing year to year

@itsfi  Ooooh, I LOVE that Royal Glow Queen mask - it is sooo good! Happy to hear it's a repeat purchase for you too! ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ

@Shosh85, itโ€™s so good! I love the ingredients in this one - honey, royal jelly and propolis. The honey scent doesnโ€™t hurt either.  ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿฏ Iโ€™ve used quite a few honey masks but this one is definitely one of the top ones. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

@itsfi  Great choices. I love the bee theme! 

Thank you @ather๐Ÿ˜Š You know me and honey masks - love em! ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ

@itsfi 

The Origins mask is catching my eye - I like that it has honey it it - soothing and antibacterial is a good pairing with the charcoal being detoxing.

@missy94612, the pairing of the honey and charcoal is really nice - this one helps to decongest my pores and with treating blemishes without drying out my skin or making it tight. All good things.

@itsfi  

How often do you use it? 

@missy94612, it varies. When I'm more prone to breaking out, I probably reach for it 2-3 times per week, once all over and the other times just to treat a particular area or the blemishes. Otherwise, I try to use it all over once per week. 

Last of last week's T masks, with a T for toning

T - Toning.jpg

Spoiler
Abib Creme Coating Mask Tone-Up Solution Mask Sheet is a two-piece sheet mask, lightly coated on one side with a rich, thick-leaning cream. The side with the cream has a removable plastic backing to keep the cream from getting all over the packet, your hands, everywhere. Having the cream on one side also makes it less messy when removing the sheet from the packet as well as applying it onto skin. I didn't really detect a scent other than that of a mild lotion which is to be expected. Fit and adherence were great and the mask wore comfortably for the entire half hour of wear; I probably could have left it on for at least 10-15 minutes longer. There's a layer of cream left on the skin after removing the mask that, after I work it into my combo-dry skin, leaves my it feeling lightly nourished with no tack or stickiness. This one may be too much for oily or very oily skin types, but for those with dry, very dry, or dry-leaning skin, it's a dream. As far as its claims of toning goes, eh, I'm not so sure about it evening my skin tone, but to be fair, I wouldn't expect that from a single use. I did, however, notice a more overall brightened appearance to my complexion after using the mask. This would make a lovely skin prep step before makeup for the holidays or a special occasion for those with dry or dry-leaning skin and one I would repurchase and be happy to use again.

For this week, U for update on daily masking with this A'Pieu mask pack

U - update.jpg

Spoiler
Use of daily mask packs like the A'Pieu Daily Sheet Mask (Green Tea) continues to go well. There's a lot more essence saturating the sheets as I work my way through this mask pack, which is to be expected. Over the years, I've been figuring out my preferences in terms of these daily mask packs - which ones I like most, when I like to incorporate them into my skincare routine, how often I like to reach for them, what's a good number of them to have on hand at any given time, etc. We'll see how that goes with the next round of these mask packs, but so far, my experiences with daily mask packs, including this green tea version from A'Pieu which gives me an additional light layer of hydration, have been good.

@itsfi  

Both these sound really good. About the mask pack - how long do they usually last or should you use it by if you don't mask every day or don't want to mask every day?

What's in the bowl next to the green tea masks? Is that cantaloupe?

1 Reply
testing