Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Kim888  The packaging is definitely fun! - but the great results make it even better! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

โ€œThick slimy jelly- loved it!โ€

Hurrah for a mask that brought a little soothing to your skin, @Shosh85! 40 minutes is a pretty decent wear time, I seem to struggle finding a mask like that more recently but now that I think about it, humidity might have something to do with it.

So happy this was an enjoyable mask for you โ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe  This was such a great one! I love a good jelly mask! Thanks so much!

@Shosh85 ohhhh that mask looks and sounds like it would be exceptionally great during the summer too

@lmaster  I agree, I think it'd be super refreshing in the summer! โ˜€๏ธ

V for Vitamasques and Vitamins C and B9, and a wintery mask for the holiday season (thanks @LilaMJ)! ๐Ÿ˜ 

V + Wintery Holiday Mask - Collage.jpg

LuLuLun Premium Snow White Vanilla Face Mask (Winter Limited Edition) โ„๏ธ  

Spoiler
LuLuLun masks are popular Japanese daily mask sheets. @WinglessOne has posted about several from this brand, including this one, I think. LuLuLun Premium Snow White Vanilla Face Mask (Winter Limited Edition) is geared towards brightening and hydrating skin and protecting it from environmental stressors and pollutants. This sheet is made of 3-layers of what feels like cotton; it adheres pretty well, and can be made to fit my face size, shape and features by widening the eye and mouth openings and trimming off half an inch from the length at the chin / jawline. The essence has a prominent vanilla scent that lingers after removing the sheet mask. I tend to like vanilla scents so I didn't mind it at all, but for those sensitive to scent and particularly vanilla scented items, this one may be one to avoid. The cooling feeling from the mask feels good against my skin, even in the cooler weather, and the mask holds plenty of serum that I could have probably kept it on for another 10-15 minutes after my usual 30-minute masking time. It's hard to speak to the mask's claimed protecting qualities but it did leave my skin feeling hydrated with a healthy, fresh-faced radiance

LuLuLun has a host of varieties and while I haven't tried every one - yet. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I find that the seasonal or regional varieties within the line like this Snow White Vanilla Face Mask, are my favorites.  As between the BCL Saborino and LuLuLun daily mask packs, I consistently find there's more serum in these LuLuLun sheets. Where the BCL Saborino masks really are conducive to a quick masking sesh (1-5, maybe 10, minutes), the LuLuLun sheet masks I've tried are just as effective, and sometimes better, than individually wrapped sheet masks. This particular one easily makes the list of masks I would repurchase.

๐Ÿฏ Vitamasques Manuka Honey Face Sheet Mask ๐Ÿฏ  

Spoiler
Although the three-layer sheet of the Vitamasques Manuka Honey Face Sheet Mask leans slightly thicker than your standard mask sheet, it is rather delicate, as evidenced by my tearing a portion of it while positioning it onto my face. Adherence is good and fit  can be tailored - width is good; length, on the other hand, is one of the longer masks I've used, being 2"+ too long at the chin / jawline area; and adjustments are needed to the slightly narrow eye and mouth openings.

The faint, mildly-artificial honey scent of the clear, watery-but-not-runny liquid is pleasant. Initially, it doesn't feel as if the sheet is heavily saturated but over the course of the 30 minutes I had on the mask, the philtrum was the only spot where I started to feel some drying, but there's plenty of serum elsewhere on the mask (as well as in the packet) to refresh any drying areas. There's a tacky-to-the-touch feeling as the serum is pressed and being absorbed into the skin. True to its claims, skin feels hydrated and moisturized, but not so much that my combo-dry skin would forego moisturizer, though as a general rule, I seldom, if ever, skip moisturizer, especially in the cooler seasons. 

I like that this mask leaves no irritation and nice results. I can live with the added fragrance, in large part as it is the last ingredient listed. I have a harder time, however, with seeing alcohol as the 4th ingredient listed, before the extracts of honey (10,000 ppm - 6th ingredient), cica(8th), and chamomile (11th), and aloe vera juice (17th). Ultimately, I would characterize this as a filler+ (filler plus) mask though not one I'd seek out as there are other and better honey sheet masks out there. 

๐Ÿ“ Sephora Collection Clean Face Mask Strawberry ๐Ÿ“  

Spoiler
Earlier this year, I reached for the  SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Face Mask Strawberry during C week as strawberries have a lot of Vitamin C, so it feels fitting that I reached for it again as my sheet mask contribution to the letter of the week, V for Vitamins (C and B9) - I didn't get a chance to use it again during last week's Sephora Collection challenge so I had to think of a way to fit it here and vitamins it is!

My experience this time was very similar, almost identical, to the first time I used the mask (good hydrating mask - nice to have around but not a must have), except that, as others here have noted, the scent on this second mask (which I received as gratis) is much more faint,  which, as has been said, is just very odd given that less than 6 months has passed since the mask was first released. All that being said, this is one of the masks from the Sephora Collection Clean Face Mask line that I like. I've been good about maintaining a healthier level of sheet masks since working my way through my previous stash so I'm not generally running out to pick up masks all the time (I know; who would have thought?! LOL). This strawberry mask is one I would consider repurchasing during a sale or promo event and after I've gone through the backup I have, which I will use shortly if only to see how noticeable the scent comes across.  

First Use: Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’– - Page 99 - Beauty Insider Community (sephora.com) (seeing the cupcake in the photo is now making me want to bake ๐Ÿ˜‹)

Second Use (gratis): Re: Feedback Wanted: Sephora Collection ... - Page 4 - Beauty Insider Community

@itsfi All of these sound great! 

I saw that Vitamasque mask at Walmart and almost grabbed it, but I'm on a mask no-buy so I talked myself out of it ๐Ÿ˜‰ Sounds like a decent mask, but I'm not crazy about that alcohol being so high in the ingredients. Glad there was no irritations for you.

I agree, the Strawberry mask might just be my favorite Sephora mask! Interesting about the difference in scents! I bought a couple prior to the gratis that I still have yet to try, so I'll be curious to compare those to the one in the gratis! I do feel like I need to sniff it again because I'm pretty sure I'm the only that smelled more watermelon than strawberry ๐Ÿค”

@Shosh85 @itsfi id be very curious to know if you can tell a difference in the scent with the two SC masks, interesting about watermelon, hey I wouldn't complain about that at all ๐Ÿ˜†

@lmaster @Shosh85 I will let you both know! Itโ€™s just so odd given that itโ€™s a recently released mask! Keep us posted on your the other strawberry masks. 

Good for you for sticking with your no buy @Shosh85! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ‘Š That's awesome, especially this time of the year. At the moment, I have a long list of categories that fall in the "no buy" bucket. Imagine that. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜† Working on making it through the rest of the sale season relatively unscathed. Hahaha! 

I know I shouldn't be, but it catches me off guard every time I see straight up alcohol within the top 5 ingredients in sheet masks. I'm not a chemist or an expert on these things, but it just seems like it could be / should be further down the list; like near the very end, immediately before added fragrance if that's included. Or, somewhere in the middle. Within the first 5 ingredients though?!! Good grief!! 

I'm so happy to hear you like the strawberry mask. ๐Ÿ“ Oh, watermelon? ๐Ÿ‰ You have a good sense of smell so I'll have to pay more attention the next time I use the strawberry mask. My favorites of the SC clean masks are lychee (though I prefer the Vitamasques version of it), spirulina and strawberry. And the watermelon after-sun mask; that one always finds a way into my stash. 

@itsfi  I'm the same. I won't buy masks anymore that have alcohol in the first 5 ingredients! If I happen to receive one I'll still use it though!

I'll definitely have to use my other Sephora Strawberry masks, to see if I still smell watermelon and also to test to see how the scent compares to the gratis one. The batch codes on all the masks are the same, so I'd be super confused if they were actually different ๐Ÿค”

I forgot about the after sun mask! ..... I think I might actually like that one more than the strawberry one. Spirulina is 3rd place for me. ๐Ÿ˜‰

The cupcake looks yummy, @itsfi, but that lemon water looks especially refreshing! The LuLuLun sounds delightful, too, with its lingering vanilla scent. I think of vanilla cake when I think of vanilla in skin/body care products, which makes me extra curious about this one. 

@eshoe, the vanilla scent in the LuLuLun mask has less of a baked goods scent. There's something else in the fragrance that I can't pinpoint at the moment. The scent is lovely though. ๐Ÿ™‚

That is ok, @itsfi. I am not a huge fan of baked goods scents in beauty products, so this is a โ€˜to tryโ€™ one.

Oooh, such nice descriptions! I have some LuLuLuns from Hawaii and Japan I should use soon! @itsfi 

Thank you @sister13! Oooh, sheet masks from Hawaii and Japan? Sounds wonderful! I love picking up thing from places visited and using them later - brings back memories. I'll be very interested to see your masks and hear your thoughts on them. I haven't tried all the different sheet mask collections from LuLuLun but the ones I have seem to be well saturated with serum and do a good job. ๐Ÿ˜

Hi everyone! I Remembered to line up with Vitamin C mask for V week.  Iโ€™ve been trying to get masks in on Saturday mornings, when I can. Often, I just do the Micro Milk Peel since I donโ€™t always have time to relax and am sometimes too lazy for a big washing off situation. But this time I added the sheet mask after, since Iโ€™ve been feeling a little dry and could use some hydration. This sheet mask was nice, it had a backing so it was easy to unfold. Had tons of liquid in there, the mask fir my face pretty well and stayed on while moving around, which is a plus. I got a bunch of these Innisfree sheet masks in Hawaii a couple years ago and need to remember to use them up. 

6B743463-F537-4F47-A8DA-EE0012779357.jpeg

And catching up, this was May Limdstromโ€™s The Honey Mud and The Clean Dirt from before for T week. 
FAABA215-F5F4-4AD8-A8C0-CF64227951F1.jpeg

Ohhhh honey mud?? @sister13 I'm curious!!

@sister13  Oooh, that Honey Mud is SOOO good! Glad to hear you love it too! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I'll definitely have to try The Clean Dirt sometime- is that a mud mask as well?

I have never seen the Micro Milk Peel, @sister13. Dr. Jart+ products are generally agreeable with my skin, I will have to look into that one!

@sister13, your comment about Hawaii ๐ŸŒบ is making me miss it badly; itโ€™s also reminding me of a mask I used while there. I have to be due for a mask haul, right?! ๐Ÿ˜† 

Ohhhh, May Lindstrom! ๐Ÿ˜ โ™ฅ๏ธ The consistency and results from that honey mud mask is soooo good! ๐Ÿฏ 

testing