cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

34814C30-8453-4F11-B503-B8290A8D2FAB.gif

Welcome to the 2022 Mask of the Week Challenge! We love hearing about every masking experience, on or off-theme, and suggestions are always welcome.

Week’s Theme: Mask 🀺 Duel  - share your matchups, and which one reigns supreme!

Letters of the Month: A - E

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge:
Current Thread (Archived Schedule Below)

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

For this week’s Sephora House Brands Week, a new summery scent:

0A67F0DE-4703-40DB-84A1-8DBFCAAF14D9.jpeg

Spoiler

Strawberry as an ingredient in just about any skincare product is hard to resist, so it was a special treat that this was included in a very recent gratis (thanks, @TeamBIC !). Before the sheet mask, I hydrated my skin with the Rodial Dragon’s Blood Hyaluronic Mask. This is a repeat and one I use once a week or more. It has a slightly fruity scent going on which I love.

I enjoyed having the SEPHORA COLLECTION Lip Sleeping Mask Strawberry (thank you @sprocketta !) to accompany the SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Face Mask Strawberry #; they really fit hand in hand. The mask is a thinner consistency, also with a sugary scent. The serum was noticeably sweet, with maybe a hint of artificial strawberry. The fit was overall good; just a little big at the top and sides. There was an ample amount of thin, clear serum that drenched the mask. I wore it around 20 minutes and could have gone longer, maybe 5 minutes more. When I removed, my skin only felt slightly tacky, which was tempered by my moisturizer before heading to bed. This was a decent mask, one that I would use again as it caused no irritation or redness, but wouldn’t be in a rush to buy. I am all for more fruity scents, though!

@eshoe  Oh, the sheet mask and lippie make such a perfect pair - great idea!

I think out of the Sephora masks I've tried so far, the Strawberry one is

my favorite! I may be the only one here, but I feel like I smelled more watermelon than strawberry- either way, it smelled great! πŸ“πŸ‰

@Shosh85 oh of course now you make me want to try this one again, just to better pinpoint that scentπŸ˜‚ 

The lip mask is the first I have tried from Sephora, and it feels more of a light gloss than an overnight lock-the-hydration-in, dry air blocker. But it’s perfect for masking since whatever gets used during that time is usually washed off!

@eshoe, glad to hear this was a nice one for you. We're masking twinsies when it comes to the first time using the two SC strawberry masks; well, sorta - I also paired it with the SC strawberry balm - they do go hand in hand, though I wish I picked up a strawberry scent from the balm.  

I may have to look into that Rodial mask at some point. I tried the essence mist a few years ago and liked it. They have a couple of really great skincare lines.

Yes, @itsfi - I noticed that you had the balm (which in itself, is not surprisingπŸ˜„) when I read your recent review and you included the links to your previous sessions with this mask. How cool that you were able to try the sheet a few times! 

There is a never ending list of β€˜masks I would like to try out at some point,’ it seemsπŸ˜‰

@eshoe  Great strawberry theme!!

Thank you, @ather! I could have included some strawberry πŸ“ ice cream which would have made it even better, but I didn’t think of that until now. Next time!

@eshoe  Ohhh that would have been a better idea. 

@ather or strawberry milk. I remember the NestlΓ© - it was such a treat as a kid! 

@eshoe 

I do like Rodial skincare products; will have to take a look at sampling that mask - a slightly fruit scent is never a bad thing. I liked that strawberry mask too. I picked up a couple after reading a post here on it, maybe @itsfi@lmaster?   

@missy94612 @eshoe terrible but Im sure I have! Can't remember specifically though πŸ˜†

@missy94612 yes I know that @itsfi has tried it, and most likely @lmaster as well (good guesses!). I have also tried the Rodial Pink Diamond mask and enjoyed it. 

@eshoe you know what's funny is that the first time I used this mask, I smelled strawberry, this time when I used the one from the gratis, I barely picked up any scent 

@lmaster @Kim888, I used the one from the gratis package and the scent was noticeably more faint than the first mask I used. I pick up the scent when I stick my nose in the packet but it is very, very light. I have another strawberry mask that I picked up between the time of when this mask was originally released and the time we received the gratis package. I think I may give one of those a try when I’m back home. lmaster, I’d love to know how your other strawberry masks turn out. 

@lmaster @Okay I’m glad I’m not going crazy! I’ve been seeing everyone mention the scent is super sugary but I barely picked up any scent from the gratis one. It smelled very slightly sweet for me but basically unnoticeable 

Yep!! @Kim888 I was so confused πŸ€” I have another one that I bought a couple months ago,,, I'm going to use it tomorrow and see if I recall correctly 

How strange, @lmaster. I don’t think they are old enough to be close to expiration, which sometimes precipitates a change in scent.

I know!! I think I have another one from a couple months ago,,, I'll have to use it this week @eshoe 

A few more T masks from last week

T for Therapy

T - Therapy.jpg

Spoiler
Vitamasques Jade Face Sheet Mask is a very soft, thin, light green tinted sheet that, to me, resembles cotton microfiberAdherence is good and fit can be tailored with some adjustments to the length at the chin and the inner corners of the eye opening. Skin looks and feels soft, smooth, lightly nourished - with this particular mask, I reached for my jade gua sha and roller to help the essence, which has a mix of quickly dissipating scents - slightly citrusy, slightly floral, slightly spicy -  absorb better into my skin and to release some muscle tension. Overall, the mask isn't bad, but it isn't one I would run out to pick up. What this masking sesh did was remind me of the benefits of using a gua sha or quartz roller more regularly. Adding that to my list of habits to form. πŸ˜‰

T for Tranexamic 

T - tranexamic.jpg

Spoiler
Tranexamic acid has been on my radar for the last few years. It's an ingredient that has been included in Asian beauty products to help fade dark spots, including PIH, and brighten skin. L'Herboflore has a popular sheet mask containing tranexamic acid, but it's difficult to source here in the States, so when I saw this  Dr. Morita Brightening Tranexamic Acid Facial Sheet Mask  sitting on the shelf in the store by its lonesome, my hand reached for it immediately. 

It's a lightweight, soft, paper thin Tencel sheet that is saturated in a clear, thin, almost watery liquid. There's just the slightest hint of viscosity to the unscented essence, enough to keep it from being runny and dripping everywhere. There's plenty of essence in the sheet and in the packet as well, more than enough for the 30 minutes that I had on the mask. Like most Taiwanese sheet masks, this one adheres gently and nicely to the contours of the face and fit is pretty good. Loaded with ingredients like licorice root extract, hyaluronic acid, collagen and, of course, tranexamic acid, my skin is left looking and feeling hydrated, plump, bouncy and brightened. This is one I would happily repurchase and will on my next sheet mask haul, which, given that I just made a couple, won't be until after the new year. 

@itsfi  

The gua shua and face roller sound like they'd be great to involve with your masking. It's too bad the sheet mask didn't work out better.

@missy94612, both are nice. I need to do better about remembering to incorporate them when I'm masking.

2 Replies
testing