cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

34814C30-8453-4F11-B503-B8290A8D2FAB.gif

Welcome to the 2022 Mask of the Week Challenge! We love hearing about every masking experience, on or off-theme, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: 🌈 Rainbow Masks courtesy of @sonnydee - share the colorful masks you have tried this week🌈

Letters of the Month: V - Z

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge:
Current Thread (Archived Schedule Below)

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@Kim888, that's a good point. I think it would depend on skin type to some extent as well as personal preference when it comes to your routine. I can see good results from daily or near daily masking with both approaches - using a daily mask pack or a variety of different masks. It can get a bit monotonous with a daily mask pack if you're used to or like the variety of having a different sheet mask. On the other hand, using a variety of sheet mask can, at least for me, increase the likelihood that my skin may respond really poorly to a particular sheet mask. Fortunately, I haven't had too many of those instances and even less so the more I've been masking, the more I know about what my skin likes and doesn't like, and the more particular I am about which sheet masks I pick up. These days, I tend to have a box of daily mask packs open at least once every quarter maybe and work through a pack over the course of about 1-2 months. 

Have you tried any mask packs or found ones you like?

@itsfi @I’ve never tried one! I was considering out the Sephora brand 14 pack but then it had bad reviews so I skipped it 

@Kim888, I had initially planned to pick up one of those 14-day packs but the reviews in general and from some folks here gave me pause. 

For this week’s Sephora House Brands Week, a new summery scent:

0A67F0DE-4703-40DB-84A1-8DBFCAAF14D9.jpeg

Spoiler

Strawberry as an ingredient in just about any skincare product is hard to resist, so it was a special treat that this was included in a very recent gratis (thanks, @TeamBIC !). Before the sheet mask, I hydrated my skin with the Rodial Dragon’s Blood Hyaluronic Mask. This is a repeat and one I use once a week or more. It has a slightly fruity scent going on which I love.

I enjoyed having the SEPHORA COLLECTION Lip Sleeping Mask Strawberry (thank you @sprocketta !) to accompany the SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Face Mask Strawberry #; they really fit hand in hand. The mask is a thinner consistency, also with a sugary scent. The serum was noticeably sweet, with maybe a hint of artificial strawberry. The fit was overall good; just a little big at the top and sides. There was an ample amount of thin, clear serum that drenched the mask. I wore it around 20 minutes and could have gone longer, maybe 5 minutes more. When I removed, my skin only felt slightly tacky, which was tempered by my moisturizer before heading to bed. This was a decent mask, one that I would use again as it caused no irritation or redness, but wouldn’t be in a rush to buy. I am all for more fruity scents, though!

@eshoe  Oh, the sheet mask and lippie make such a perfect pair - great idea!

I think out of the Sephora masks I've tried so far, the Strawberry one is

my favorite! I may be the only one here, but I feel like I smelled more watermelon than strawberry- either way, it smelled great! πŸ“πŸ‰

@Shosh85 oh of course now you make me want to try this one again, just to better pinpoint that scentπŸ˜‚ 

The lip mask is the first I have tried from Sephora, and it feels more of a light gloss than an overnight lock-the-hydration-in, dry air blocker. But it’s perfect for masking since whatever gets used during that time is usually washed off!

@eshoe, glad to hear this was a nice one for you. We're masking twinsies when it comes to the first time using the two SC strawberry masks; well, sorta - I also paired it with the SC strawberry balm - they do go hand in hand, though I wish I picked up a strawberry scent from the balm.  

I may have to look into that Rodial mask at some point. I tried the essence mist a few years ago and liked it. They have a couple of really great skincare lines.

Yes, @itsfi - I noticed that you had the balm (which in itself, is not surprisingπŸ˜„) when I read your recent review and you included the links to your previous sessions with this mask. How cool that you were able to try the sheet a few times! 

There is a never ending list of β€˜masks I would like to try out at some point,’ it seemsπŸ˜‰

@eshoe  Great strawberry theme!!

Thank you, @ather! I could have included some strawberry πŸ“ ice cream which would have made it even better, but I didn’t think of that until now. Next time!

@eshoe  Ohhh that would have been a better idea. 

@ather or strawberry milk. I remember the NestlΓ© - it was such a treat as a kid! 

@eshoe 

I do like Rodial skincare products; will have to take a look at sampling that mask - a slightly fruit scent is never a bad thing. I liked that strawberry mask too. I picked up a couple after reading a post here on it, maybe @itsfi@lmaster?   

@missy94612 @eshoe terrible but Im sure I have! Can't remember specifically though πŸ˜†

@missy94612 yes I know that @itsfi has tried it, and most likely @lmaster as well (good guesses!). I have also tried the Rodial Pink Diamond mask and enjoyed it. 

@eshoe you know what's funny is that the first time I used this mask, I smelled strawberry, this time when I used the one from the gratis, I barely picked up any scent 

@lmaster @Kim888, I used the one from the gratis package and the scent was noticeably more faint than the first mask I used. I pick up the scent when I stick my nose in the packet but it is very, very light. I have another strawberry mask that I picked up between the time of when this mask was originally released and the time we received the gratis package. I think I may give one of those a try when I’m back home. lmaster, I’d love to know how your other strawberry masks turn out. 

@lmaster @Okay I’m glad I’m not going crazy! I’ve been seeing everyone mention the scent is super sugary but I barely picked up any scent from the gratis one. It smelled very slightly sweet for me but basically unnoticeable 

Yep!! @Kim888 I was so confused πŸ€” I have another one that I bought a couple months ago,,, I'm going to use it tomorrow and see if I recall correctly 

How strange, @lmaster. I don’t think they are old enough to be close to expiration, which sometimes precipitates a change in scent.

I know!! I think I have another one from a couple months ago,,, I'll have to use it this week @eshoe 

testing