cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

34814C30-8453-4F11-B503-B8290A8D2FAB.gif

Welcome to the 2022 Mask of the Week Challenge! We love hearing about every masking experience, on or off-theme, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Fruits and Veggies Masks - a big thank you to @keana1 for this week’s nutritious themeπŸ“πŸ₯‘πŸŠπŸ₯¦πŸŒΆπŸ₯—

Letters of the Month: Q - V

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge:
Current Thread (Archived Schedule Below)

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@Kim888 it’s good to know there is a near dupe out there for the AB, especially because I like that one so much. Plus for people who are more sensitive to extracts, the GR is a great option.

R is for . . . 

R week (collage).jpg

R for Rose:🌹

Spoiler
I've used this mask before but don't think I posted about it here which seems odd. The soft, thin, pale salmon hued 100% natural cellulose fiber mask of the Daycell MediLab Black Rose Ampoule Mask Pack Ultra Aqua is infused with a beautifully rose scented viscous but not goopy essence made up of a host of good-for-the-skin ingredients, including 10% natural damask rose flower water, witch hazel, niacinamide, adenosine, Dongtaek flower oil, and camellia oil. The mask can be adjusted along the perimeter for a tailored fit, adheres wonderfully to the skin and wears comfortably for the entire 30 minutes I had it on ,which makes for to an overall relaxing luxe masking sesh.  With all the essence in the mask, I feel like I could have left it on for an additional 15, possibly 20 minutes without it drying out. After removing the mask and pressing in the remaining essence, my skin looked and felt hydrated and moisturized and my complexion looked bright, refreshed, revitalized. This is a definite repurchase and I plan to pick up a few of the skincare products from the line at some point as well.

R for Rewind . . . back to P week, for peachπŸ‘  

Spoiler
Geared towards nutrition and vitality (per the packaging), the cellulose material of the Farmstay Real Peach Essence Mask adheres nicely and fits fairly well to my face size, shape and features, being only a smidge too long at the chin and requiring the slightest of incisions to the inner corner of the eye opening to keep the clear, slightly viscous essence with a faint, artificial peach scent from getting too close to my tear ducts. There was some light tingling at the very beginning that faded away quickly and, after 30 minutes of wear, my skin looked and felt refreshed and hydrated. This is a good filler mask, better suited for most when the weather is warm, though those with oily skin may find this a good mask year-round.

Frudia Peach Vinegar Dirty Foot Peeling Socks is currently being put to the wear test; will update with results at another date.

R for Revitalizing, Regular, and Routine (daily masking) with a green tea theme: πŸ΅

Spoiler
A'Pieu Daily Sheet Mask Green Tea is a pack of 33 sheet masks, sandwiched together in a compact plastic tub containing mini tweezer for removing the sheets one by one in a hygienic manner. I've been reaching for these sheets off and on, since about late August / early September. 

A'Pieu has three mask packs in this type of vehicle, this green tea version, a black tea version and a hyaluronic acid and glutathione version, the latter of which was the first mask pack from this brand that I tried (and which still one I consider to be a favorite). This green tea version has a fresh scent and claims to soothe and rejuvenate skin with daily use. The sheet holds a lot of essence - more than the Saborino mask packs but less than an individually wrapped sheet mask. 

As with other mask packs, I recommend turning the tub upside down to allow the extra essence at the bottom to reach the top layers of sheet masks. You'll just need to be careful that the tub does not leak. This is not my first time using a daily mask pack in this format and I would highly recommend that you do not completely tear open the second lid to this sheet mask pack - this will come in handy when turning the tub upside down as well preserving the essence. 

Like most sheet masks, adherence of the sheets here are good; adjustments will be needed for a tailor fit - these sheet masks are, like most sheets, overly large along the perimeter and, while the openings for the eyes and mouth are a decent size, I still need to make some slight incisions to the inner corner of the eyes and the outer corner of the mouth. Instructions call for 10-20 minutes of wear but I keep these on for about 30 minutes. My skin looks and feels soft, smooth, and bouncy to the touch, hydrated throughout and with a fresh-faced glow. A'Pieu does it again with these daily mask packs. I continue to prefer these to the BCL Saborino daily mask packs and plan to pick up the 'black tea' version at some point after I finish with this green tea pack.

Spoiler
R- rejuvenating green tea (open).jpgR - rejuvenating - open 2.jpg
Lip Care
Spoiler
Innisfree Lip Sleeping Mask with Green Tea is a soft, emollient, thick-ish, pale sage green hued balm that glides on easily and leaves my lips feeling moisturized. It's one I enjoy and when I finish it, I would happily use another one, but at this point, I have plenty of lip sleeping masks that I don't really have reason to pick one up. 

R for Resin🍯

Spoiler
Propolis is a resin created by bees, containing a blend of bee saliva, beeswax and various other substances from plants and trees.

This is a repeat mask for me but like the Daycell MediLab Black Rose mask, I'm not sure I've posted a review about it here until now. 
Mediheal Meience ProJelly Mask consists of so many great components, each wonderful on its own but combined together, make this a wonderful sheet mask for those with dry or dehydrated skin. The linen material of the sheet is light, thin and soft, which makes this feel smooth, comfortable and comforting against the skin. The thick, cooling gel feels both soothing and nourishing. My nose picks up on something that smells like something honey-related but not a full-on honey scent. There is a tackiness that lingers that may be problematic for some but isn't a deal breaker for me, especially not given how my complexion glistens and how moisturized and nourished my skin feels.

@itsfi  

Do you like the masks in the pack more than individual sheet masks? Are there ones that you would consider HG or favorites?

@missy94612, oh, that's a good but hard question to answer. Hmmm... πŸ€” 

Yes ... and no. πŸ˜† I like the variety that can be had with having a mix of individually packaged sheet masks. At the same time, though, I appreciate the eco-friendliness of the mask packs. I do like having a mix of them. I have found a couple of mask packs that I would be happy to have take up the majority of the sheet masks I have on hand at any given stretch of time. The VT Cosmetics Cica Soothing mask pack, and the glutathione or green tea ones from A'Pieu are faves so far. There are others but they've either been discontinued or I haven't been able to find them. Mask packs are worth a try; some brands, mainly Japanese brand LuLuLun and BCL Saborino have mask packs in packs of 1, 5 or 7 which is a nice way to try them for daily masking without committing to a pack of 28 or 33 (I know, the amount is odd; I haven't (yet) figured out why they don't come in packs of 30 or 31).

@itsfi roses and foot peels πŸ˜† two of my favorites

@lmaster, how great would that be if there was a rose-based, rose-scented, effective foot peel?! 😍

As I've experienced more and more rose scented products @itsfi I've realized some rose scents are not for me whereas others are amazing! I think a rose scented foot peel would be great

@itsfi  the Medilab has been added to my wish list, it sounds lovely.

You get a pretty good wear out of your EH! Mine don’t seem to have enough essence on to last more than 15-20 minutes. Good advice also on not tearing the top open completely. I will keep that in mind for my next box as I unintentionally did just that after a few uses 😞

…and I am also adding the Mediheal to my list!

@eshoe, the MediLab is a treat; my eyes always gravitate towards the products in this line when I'm in the store. 

Oh, do you mean the A'Pieu green tea masks? I think wear time will depend on a few factors, including skin type, weather / climate and how soaked the sheet is that is being used. Flipping the container over and letting all the serum from the bottom (and there's a good amount) make its way to the top layer of sheets really helps to saturate them. You do need to make sure that the serum doesn't leak because the seal to both lids (lid to the sheets and top lid of the container) has been open now. , 
My skin has been less dry than it might normally be over the last 6 weeks or so and I think that, coupled with the weather here, and my making sure the sheet I'm using is full of essence has made it more conducive to keep the mask on for 30 minutes. The A'Pieu mask packs seem to have a lot of extra essence at the bottom of the containers; the BCL Saborino mask pack have a decent amount but not as much as the A'Pieu and some others that I've tried. 

The Mediheal propolis jelly mask is great; well, for my skin, at least. Mediheal does it again! You used a tofu version from this line a while back, yes? I know there's a black bean version and a natto version from this line. So many sheet masks out there to try, just one face. πŸ˜‚

@itsfi ooooh such a good point about the humidity. You are on to something as I have witnessed changes in my houseplants over that past month that would indicate a fluctuation in humidity. I have been using a β€˜heavier’ toner prior to the A’Pieu and that is helping, in addition to misting a few times while wearing it.

I tried the Tofu Milk, yes, and loved it! I do have the Natto on my to-try list, the black bean…I might not be in too much of a hurry for that one. Adzuki beans in skincare give my skin hives, so I have been hesitant to try masks centered around beans in general. Except for soybeans πŸ˜‰

@itsfi  Wow!!! Great masking seshs!!! I hope the foot masks work out for you!! 

Thank you @ather! I’ve been pretty happy with the week’s masks. πŸ˜ƒ Am keeping my fingers crossed that the peel mask will turn out well. I’ll keep folks posted.

@itsfi Lots of nice stuff! I can't wait to hear about the foot mask.

@Samtian, I hope it works well. The last foot peel I used, from a different brand, didn’t really peel and I know that there was peeling to be had on my foot. Lol.

Looks like some great masking sessions @itsfi ! The medilab one in particular sounds like a huge win! They always do a good job!

@Kim888, thank you! Have you used this mask or other products from this line or the MediLab brand?

@itsfi @I haven’t tried this one! I actually think I got it confused with another similarly names brand! But I’m adding this to my list ! 

@Kim888, I find myself mixing up brand names a lot!!! And then I can’t ever find the sheet mask I’m looking for. 😬 Not that I would flounder about without that sheet masks. πŸ˜‚ 

R is for Revital Collagen

IMG_20211028_095248354.jpg

• This is a medium flexible white sheet, still had airplane wings though
  • Serum is clear with extra in the sleeve
  • Scent is so good!! I would say berry/fruity
  • No lasting tackiness
  • 20 minutes for wear
  • Results were nice, the serum feels so luxe and silky, my skin was hydrated, plumped and lightly moisturized
  • It's a bit better than your typical filler mask imo IMG_20211028_095255587.jpg

 

@lmaster  

Can never turn away from a good collagen mask. Making a note of this one.

@elleb810 noteworthy for sure!! 😊

1 Reply
testing