Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Saturday evening masking, with a couple of Pinks thrown in for โ€œPโ€

7E667AD7-5637-4B81-80C6-DE4C116C83EE.jpeg

Spoiler
I have had this pretty little Crรจme Shop Dead Sea Mud Mask with French Pink Clay and Rose-Hip Oil set aside for when my skin needed some extra-special detox (thank you @Shosh85!). It is a light-medium consistency, smooth clay that was, as far as I could tell, unscented. The packet held the perfect amount to cover my skin generously. I left it on around 15 minutes before it began to dry down. After it was completely removed, I examined my skin, which felt softened and appeared slightly brightened. This would be a nice little addition for a traveling kit!

It is time to finish this little tube of SEPHORA COLLECTION Lip Balm & Scrub Rose, so I am double-layering in hopes of adding more empties to my totals before year-end. I topped it with the ILIA Lip Wrap Overnight Treatment 0.34 oz/ 10 mL, which is just the right amount of nourishing, long-lasting lip protection I need for the evening.

Finally, a repeat for me of the 107 Beauty Avocado Cuddle Sheet Mask. It reminds me in fit of the Etude House Airy Fit line. It is a thin cellulose, absolutely drenched in a milky rich serum. Tucked inside this goodness is their core ingredient, handmade, 7-year aged vinegar, in addition to 17 different amino acids. This mask is so incredibly comfortable that I generally leave it on 45 minutes, if not longer. There is enough serum in packet for an extra patting down half-way through, and I am sure to extract every last drop โ˜บ๏ธ After removing, my skin is visibly plumped (wish that would last more than an evening, ha!) and smoothed. I have a couple of these remaining from a ten-pack, and would buy them again in a heartbeat.

Ingredients:
Spoiler
Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Propanediol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Fruit Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Arginine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Carbomer, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Allantoin, Sorbitan Stearate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Adenosine, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Coptis Japonica Root Extract, Schisandra Chinensis Fruit Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Sucrose Cocoate, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Xylitylglucoside, Anhydroxylitol, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Xylitol, Juniperus Mexicana Oil, Glucose, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycine, Serine, Glutamic Acid, Vinegar, Aspartic Acid, Leucine, Alanine, Lysine, Tyrosine, Phenylalanine, Proline, Threonine, Valine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Cysteine, Methionine.

@eshoe, I remember that pink mud mask from The Creme Shop being a nice one; glad to hear it's one your skin enjoyed. 

I have a green one as well, @itsfi, so it will be interesting to compare the two. Reminds me a little bit of the Sephora clay masks๐Ÿ’•

@eshoe ohhhh both sound great!! 

They were, @lmaster - and perfect fit on the Crรจme Shop ๐Ÿ˜‰

Both the Creme Shop and 107 Beauty masks sound like they worked out really well, @eshoe! I'm going to have to look into the avocado one. 

I think the 107 Beauty would be a great one for winter, @quspork. Lots of goopy goodness for the skin!

@eshoe  Oh my goodness, those avocados are too cute! The cuddle sheet mask sounds like such a nice one. The vinegar ingredient sounds really interesting! 

@PrettyPaint those little avocado cuties were  a gift from @SportyGirly125โ˜บ๏ธ They seemed fitting for an โ€˜avocado cuddleโ€™ style mask!

@eshoe @Those avocados look familiar ๐Ÿฅฐ

They are so adorable, @SportyGirly125 ๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe 

Lots going on in your post - two masks and two lips. Good for you for self care! What's your traveling kit made up of?

@elleb810always more full than I intended it to be. My favorite part of traveling is putting together my skincare bag. It is usually full of DS samples that I need to finish *or* that I have been saving for a special occasion. Even foils take me a few uses usually to finish, so those are left at home. Travel has been pretty anemic over the past couple of years, but next year, maybe next year there will be some opportunities!

I did not even start carrying a makeup bag in my purse until a few years ago. Now I have a tiny (3โ€™ x 2โ€™) one with a couple of perfume vials, an ABH mini Brow Wiz, my mini CT press powder compact the size of a quarter (with the cutest mirror), and a mini Fenty Fu$$y. 

How about you? Do you have a traveling kit that is a standby for you?

@eshoe   

If you ask my husband, we're better off saying I have a handful of traveling kits on standby, depending on where I'm going and what look or looks I want to do while there. My favorite parts of traveling are the destination, people, culture, and seeking out the beauty brands and products that are local to the region.

A handful, you say, @elleb810?  I like the sound of that! It sounds like a fun project to undertake. 

I had a quick work presentation the other day and wanted to have a little glow to my skin. The Some By Mi Diamond Brightening Glow Luminous Ampoule Mask ended up being a twofer for this week's challenge themes - a GLOW UP by way of a bevy of P's, including pomegranate extract (4th ingredient listed), pearl extract (10,000ppm) (5th ingredient listed), orange peel oil, proline and (diamond) powder (100ppb).
P - AM Glow Up.jpg
tl;dr: I typically experience, at a minimum, some hydration and a fresh-faced glow from most sheet masks, regardless of their particular claim(s).  The brightening from the soft, thin, lightweight 100% cellulose sheet (Derma seal, Oeko-Tex) of this mask, however, was altogether different (in a good, no, make that great, way). My skin looked LIT - hello radiance! ๐Ÿคฉ It was glowy, bouncy, plump, supple and looked happily hydrated. ๐Ÿฅฐ

"Tell me more, tell me more": 
Spoiler
๐Ÿ’ Mask:  Some By Mi Diamond Brightening Glow Luminous Ampoule Mask  

๐Ÿ’ Claim(s):  Brightening

๐Ÿ’  Material:  Soft, thin, delicate and pliable Derma-seal, Okeo-Tex (100% cellulose fiber)

๐Ÿ’  Fit:  Good but because of how delicate and malleable the material is, the sheet can easily be stretched to make the mask too large, even just in the process of unfolding it. Adjustments needed to the lower inner corners of the eyes to keep it from hovering too close to my tear ducts. Material for philtrum area was too short.

๐Ÿ’ Adherence: Very nice; the softness and thinness of the material made for a beautiful fit all over.

๐Ÿ’ Essence:  Clear, slightly goopy, soothing gel-like texture. "Ampoule" is a good way to describe it.

๐Ÿ’  Scent:  Soft, light, non-descript scent.

๐Ÿ’  Performance:  This wore comfortably for the entire 30 minutes of wear; at one point, I almost forgot I had on the mask. There is distinct tackiness that remains after removing the mask. Not a deal breaker for me. 

๐Ÿ’  ResultsWhoa!!! This must be what it means to look LIT! ๐ŸŒŸ Skin felt very soft, smooth and looked fresh-faced, awake, moisturized, with a radiant dewy glow! ๐Ÿ˜

๐Ÿ’  Repurchase?:  Absolutely. In fact, I already have ... in a pack of 10! ๐Ÿ’–

This is the second sheet mask from Some By Mi that I have used (the first was about a month ago, a snail mucin centric mask from a different line - ahhhh!). I have to say that I am impressed with this brand. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

Absolutely on my list!!! @itsfi say no more ๐Ÿ˜ณ

@lmaster, this is one of those masks that you appreciate even more after having tried many, many masks. 

@itsfi  Oh wow, radiant, dewy glow? How perfect!! I love the sounds of this one!

It was amazing @PrettyPaint! ๐Ÿ˜ It's been a long time since I've looked in the mirror after using a sheet mask and thought my face looked lit!

@itsfi 

The mask results sound amazing. Is that the Tatcha lip baml? How are you liking it?

3 Replies
testing