Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

***2022 Mask of the Week Challenge***

Open for input and suggestions๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿผ

Spoiler

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Weekโ€™s Theme: End of the Year Stash Clean Out! Thank for @l8totheparty and @ShortErica for this challenge to tidy up our mask bins before we say goodbye to 2021.

Letter of the Week:  W

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe, yaaay! After using it, I had to share my thoughts on it with others here. Tacky/stickiness aside, it is a great hydrating mask. Hope it works out for you.

@itsfi ...cut vertically...what the lol. 

They look like two monstera leaves talking to each other @Samtian @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜‚

Oh my goodness @Samtian, that was my initial reaction. ๐Ÿ˜‚ It looked like just half a mask when I pulled it out of the packet and I just stared at it thinking "huh?!!! what is this?!"

huh gif.gif

I have a different sheet mask from the brand that I'll try out next week. I'll be curious to know whether it utilizes the same 2-part concept. ๐Ÿค” If it does, this time, I won't be so confused. ๐Ÿ˜† Stay tuned...

@itsfi  That garnier hair mask really is great! I had absolutely no idea there were 2-piece vertical masks. I was so confused about what I was looking at until I read the text! It does sounds like it would be a bit of a challenge to wear. 

@PrettyPaint, this is such a fab hair mask - the results are good and the price is excellent. ๐Ÿ˜ I've been able to narrow down my go-to hair masks and have just been focused on working through the hair masks I've already amassed. This Garnier one will be part of the few I keep on a permanent rotation. 

I had no idea they made masks that were cut vertically until I opened up this one. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ At first I thought it was a mistake, and then I thought I only received half a mask. ๐Ÿ˜‚ It made for an interesting few minutes until I sorted it out. 

@itsfi 

these all look and sound great.

@missy94612, thank you! Itโ€™s been a good week of masks. ๐Ÿ˜Š 

P is for Peptide 

Spoiler
This was a fairly simple generic mask imo. It didnโ€™t really have a scent, fit was slightly large but overall fine, the cotton was well saturated. it was a bit tacky after but my skin felt hydrated. I donโ€™t really have much to say about this one, it just seems a bit unmemorable. 

I also used the new holiday band masks as my hands have been super dry lately. I love the mango scent on these and the outer pattern is adorable! Iโ€™m definitely going to pick up more during the November sale. Also, I think itโ€™s super funny you can still use touch screen while wearing those 

E915539E-8FB6-4DBA-8F21-6FD22328FE99.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Oh yaaaaaaay!! The hand masks sound great!! Looking forward to using a pair soon @Kim888 

@Kim888  

The packaging on the hand mask is cute. Are the masks shaped like mittens or do they have slots for your fingers?

@elleb810 @They have finger slots !

A mango scent on the hand mask, @Kim888  - what a nice bonus! 

Sometimes an โ€˜in memorable maskโ€™ is a-ok, although filler masks that are above average are nice, too. Pretty ombrรฉ packaging on this one!

@Kim888, I like that you can use a touch screen while using the hand mask - makes it so I can mask while I task. ๐Ÿ˜€

@Kim888  I'm so glad the hands masks are good! I may need to pick some up once it starts getting colder out. I had no idea they were touch screen compatible - haha! 

@Kim888 The hand masks looks fun!

is for placenta.  I love the mediheal masks or it least the ones Iโ€™ve tried so far. The mask fit like a glove! Adheres great! Made my face feel really good. Claims it would brighten I didnโ€™t notice any brighter skin as well as strengthen. Iโ€™ve broken out in a strange rash around my mouth Iโ€™m guessing my skin barrier is broken again so hoping I notice some strength in my skin over the next few days. 

FC082FF2-2049-4B64-87DD-C9F924E251C8.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Oh no! @ather I hope your skin gets on the mend fast! ๐Ÿ˜”

@lmaster  thank you!

Oh @ather I am so sorry you are experiencing skin troubles again! I hope some gentle care will help nurture it back to health. Sounds like this was a good start ๐Ÿ™‚

@eshoe  Thank you!! Itโ€™s much better now. Iโ€™m curious if I damaged my skin or it was actually a childhood disease I caught. Iโ€™m back better but I am definitely going to baby my skin for another month before I try using anything strong.