Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi 

these all look and sound great.

@missy94612, thank you! Itโ€™s been a good week of masks. ๐Ÿ˜Š 

P is for Peptide 

Spoiler
This was a fairly simple generic mask imo. It didnโ€™t really have a scent, fit was slightly large but overall fine, the cotton was well saturated. it was a bit tacky after but my skin felt hydrated. I donโ€™t really have much to say about this one, it just seems a bit unmemorable. 

I also used the new holiday band masks as my hands have been super dry lately. I love the mango scent on these and the outer pattern is adorable! Iโ€™m definitely going to pick up more during the November sale. Also, I think itโ€™s super funny you can still use touch screen while wearing those 

E915539E-8FB6-4DBA-8F21-6FD22328FE99.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Oh yaaaaaaay!! The hand masks sound great!! Looking forward to using a pair soon @Kim888 

@Kim888  

The packaging on the hand mask is cute. Are the masks shaped like mittens or do they have slots for your fingers?

@elleb810 @They have finger slots !

A mango scent on the hand mask, @Kim888  - what a nice bonus! 

Sometimes an โ€˜in memorable maskโ€™ is a-ok, although filler masks that are above average are nice, too. Pretty ombrรฉ packaging on this one!

@Kim888, I like that you can use a touch screen while using the hand mask - makes it so I can mask while I task. ๐Ÿ˜€

@Kim888  I'm so glad the hands masks are good! I may need to pick some up once it starts getting colder out. I had no idea they were touch screen compatible - haha! 

@Kim888 The hand masks looks fun!

is for placenta.  I love the mediheal masks or it least the ones Iโ€™ve tried so far. The mask fit like a glove! Adheres great! Made my face feel really good. Claims it would brighten I didnโ€™t notice any brighter skin as well as strengthen. Iโ€™ve broken out in a strange rash around my mouth Iโ€™m guessing my skin barrier is broken again so hoping I notice some strength in my skin over the next few days. 

FC082FF2-2049-4B64-87DD-C9F924E251C8.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Oh no! @ather I hope your skin gets on the mend fast! ๐Ÿ˜”

@lmaster  thank you!

Oh @ather I am so sorry you are experiencing skin troubles again! I hope some gentle care will help nurture it back to health. Sounds like this was a good start ๐Ÿ™‚

@eshoe  Thank you!! Itโ€™s much better now. Iโ€™m curious if I damaged my skin or it was actually a childhood disease I caught. Iโ€™m back better but I am definitely going to baby my skin for another month before I try using anything strong. 

@ather, ahhhh, Mediheal! There have been far more Mediheal masks I have liked, even loved, than ones that have been 'meh' and even fewer that have been complete passes. There are a couple from this series that I have yet to try - this one and the tea tree one. That's fantastic that the mask fit you perfectly - fit is always the "off" factor for me so when I hear that a sheet masks fits someone, anyone, well, I get super excited for them. ๐Ÿ˜ 

Sorry your skin is acting up. Ugh. It's good to hear this made your skin feel good. Hope your skin recovers well and soon.

@ather  Awww, I hope your skin heals soon! It sounds like the fit was excellent on this one. I looked it up, and apparently it contains hydrolyzed animal placenta extract. I guess that doesn't really tell you where the placenta came from, but I read that most animal placenta in skincare comes from sheep. 

@ather @This sounds like it was great for you! Sorry to hear your skin is having a tough time! Hopefully it will be back in order soon

@Kim888  Thank you. Iโ€™m not sure why itโ€™s being like this lately. So frustrating tho. 

@ather Placenta?!  What do you mean placenta?  Whose placenta?!

@itscarin @ather there are some masks (and skincare) that use soybean placenta. This mask uses โ€œHydrolyzed Animal Placenta Extract.โ€ Some masking is not for the faint of heart ๐Ÿคฃ

testing