Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@quspork I thankfully can't smell in this case haha I hate coconut and lavender. So sorry but I don't know if it actually smells or not. 

Ha, well that worked out then! @Samtian 

There's something so satisfying about a foot peel,,, oh wait, is not just something ๐Ÿ˜‚ it's the actual peeling @Samtian 

@lmaster Yep! Especially one that works. 

Tonight was a little self-care night and a good excuse to join the masking fun this week! 

I took a hot shower and used my Purple hair mask for blondes as well as my Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme mask (love this for Fall!). After my shower I finished with the Peach & Lily Original Glow sheet mask, which I liked decently well; it was hydrating and actually fit my face better than most sheet masks.

20211012_224358.jpg

@CookieGirl1 

Gotta love pumpkin this time of year.

Evening is always a good excuse for some masking, @CookieGirl1 ๐Ÿ˜Š It has been awhile since I used this mask, but I remember loving it, too. Hurrah for getting some self-care in! 

@eshoe I almost forgot that I even had it but I was super-happy to "rediscover" it again.

@CookieGirl1, I like this mask and the PTR pumpkin one too. Sounds like a great masking sesh! Yay for self care - good to get in some time for that when you can. 

@itsfi the pumpkin mask has been a longtime fav (this is probably my 3rd jar!) and I'm super-close to finishing this tub so I'm purposely making extra excuses to use it and add it to my little collection of Empties that I have going ๐Ÿ™‚

So many good Ps there, @CookieGirl1. Love that PTR pumpkin mask!

@CookieGirl1 love a good self care night!

Another O for oil mask from last week. 

O - oil - squalane + rose.jpg

Spoiler
The fresh scent of real rose petals in the oil serum of The Creme Shop Squalane and Rose Oil Fusion Sheet Mask was wonderful - it gave off a relaxing and refreshing feel. I only wished it lingered, though it will appeal to a wider audience since the scent dissipates pretty quickly. Adherence and results from this one were good too - my skin felt moisturized, as expected given the ingredients highlighted by this mask. The only 'con' to this cotton mask was, as to be expected with TCS masks, the fit - except for the forehead and philtrum, it was overly large at the sides and chin/jawline, and in true TCS form, there was a lot of extra material between the eyes. These are not deal breakers and a more tailored fit can be had with a few adjustments here and there. Most masks from The Creme Shop fall into the nice to have but not a 'must have'. That's probably a fitting spot for this Squalane and Rose Oil variety though my current dehydrated-combo leaning dry skin would say that this one leans more towards the must have camp than the others, which again, is in keeping with my general feel for many of the masks within the brand's 2-in-1 fusion series. 

Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Strengthening Treatment Hair Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL is a nice, lightweight oil that leaves my hair, soft, smooth and nourished without weighing it down. I finished off the masking session with the original version of the Biossance Squalane+ Rose Vegan Lip Balm 0.51 oz/ 15 mL (not pictured) for soft, moisturized lips.

Almost picked up this mask yesterday @itsfi, but my hesitation due to the fit was apparently well-heeded. Not a deal breaker as it sounds like this was nourishing and a treat for your skin, yay! 

@eshoe, it's a nice mask. The vast majority of TCS masks I've used would fall under the filler mask category; there are a handful that standout just a little more, like this one. If fit was a deal breaker, I would have stopped sheet masking long ago. 

@itsfi I haven't seen this mask yet, but I did just find the wipes at TJ Maxx ๐Ÿ˜‰ It sounds great! I agree, the Fusion masks is probably my favorite line of TCS ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, TCS has cleansing wipes in squalane and rose oil? I think my favorite mask from TCS is the tiger / cica one, then a few from the fusion line, and the oversized masquerade eye masks. 

@itsfi  Oooo Iโ€™ve never seen this fusion TCS mask before sounds good. Even tho itโ€™s not a must. 

@ather, I have a feeling that this might have rated slightly higher if I had not tried two other oil masks earlier that week - the Hanyul Yuja Oil and the Innisfree Cica with Bija Seed Oil one. โ™ฅ๏ธ Those two were just so good; they set a high bar. 

@itsfi ohhhh I've not seen this fusion mask before!! 

@lmaster, I found it at TJ Maxx / Marshallโ€™s a couple of weeks ago. First time I heard of this one too. Lemme say that I wasnโ€™t looking for it, or for masks in general ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚. It was the first time I was in the store since maybe the summer of 2020 (?) and there it was - squalane AND rose oil in one product. And a sheet mask no less. So naturally, into my cart it went. ๐Ÿ›’ ๐Ÿ˜ฌ ๐Ÿ˜‡ 

1 Reply
testing