Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi looks like I'll have to pop over to Marshalls soon ๐Ÿ˜‰

@itsfi @Ive always been curious about that hair oil - thanks for sharing your thoughts! It seems like an interesting option ! 

@Kim888, I read that it was too heavy for some. My hair type is probably not ideal for heavy oils but I think that having used a lighter hand with products helped with this oil. 

O is for October and Vanilla is a delicious ingredient

IMG_20211007_133724775.jpg

• This mask was medium thickness yet extremely flexible, white with purple hemp leaves on the sheet
  • The fit was actually short on the sides, didn't reach even close to my ears, about an inch from them, a tad long at the chin
  • Scent was herbal with a hint of the sweetness
  • Wear time was 20 minutes
  • Results were good, I did actually feel like this mask made a difference! Not too much hydration but most definitely felt balanced skin that lead to less oil production throughout the day
  • I would use this one again, but not run out and buy it quite yetIMG_20211007_133729436.jpg

โ€ƒ

@lmaster you sent me this one as well, and I remember enjoying it! Happy to hear it brought your skin some love, too ๐Ÿฅฐ

Yes!! See the pretty packaging always gets me @eshoe โ˜บ๏ธ

@lmaster 

I would totally pick this up for the packaging - so shiny.

Ikr!!! @missy94612 that's possibly why I picked it up ๐Ÿคฃ

@lmaster  Sounds pretty decent, and I love the packaging ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yes yes!! @Shosh85 no high hopes, so I was thrilled it delivered!

@lmaster, itโ€™s always good when you feel like a mask made a difference.

@itsfi you got that right โ˜บ๏ธ

@lmaster  sounds great!!! 

Better than I anticipated,, which is always great @ather ๐Ÿ™Œ

Hunger Inducing Mask: BIC-inspired edition - waffles + ice cream
O - hungry - ice cream.jpg
Getting in one last mask for O + masks that make you hungry week before the stroke of midnight. If you ask me, and no one did, ice cream should be its own food group. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Recently, @Shosh85 and @lmaster used this Kocostar Waffle Mask - Ice Cream and I have to say, I was intrigued - two of my favorite things - ice cream and sheet masks. If I'm remembering right, @sonnydee may have first introduced the thread to these masks and I feel like others have tried them along the way as a result; @eshoe, maybe? 

Spoiler
๐Ÿฆ  Mask: Kocostar Waffle Mask - Ice Cream

๐Ÿฆ  Claim(s): Soothing, refreshing; geared towards sensitive skin

๐Ÿฆ  Material: Slightly thin leaning cotton waffle mask

๐Ÿฆ  Adherence: Pretty phenomenal

๐Ÿฆ  Fit: Surprisingly good. Overly long (1-1/2") at the chin and part of the jawline. Only adjustment needed was to bottom half of the inner corner of the eye opening - it hovered just a little too close over my tear ducts. 

๐Ÿฆ  Essence: Clear, thick (but not gooey or goopy), gel serum

๐Ÿฆ  Scent: Fresh, clean signature sheet mask scent with a hint of something I can't put my finger on.

๐Ÿฆ  Performance: The softness and thinness of the material makes for a comfortable wear for the entire 30 minutes I had on the mask. The waffle grid pattern to the sheet gives it a gauze like look and feel, and holds the gel in place.

๐Ÿฆ  Results: There's just the slightest bit of tack-to-touch as the gel essence is fully absorbed into the skin, leaving it soft, smooth, and plump, feeling hydrated and moisturized, with a fresh-faced, dewy glow. 

๐Ÿฆ  Fun Fact: According to the Kocostar website, "waffles are one of the most popular desserts around the globe." I think of waffles as more savory than sweet, but inspired by the sweet bit (pun absolutely intended) of trivia from Kocostar (that I aim to randomly drop in a conversation this month @missjeanie), I set about to make a sweet waffle this weekend, a Belgian liege, to be more precise. It turned out sweeter than my taste buds prefer so I'll try it again another day and adjust the sugar levels a smidge.
Spoiler
Homemade gluten free Belgian liege with (not homemade) almond milk salted caramel ice cream.Homemade gluten free Belgian liege with (not homemade) almond milk salted caramel ice cream.

@itsfi  These masks are so great, packaging and all!

In my notes I described the scent as, "signature sheet mask scent with a hint of sweetness." Going over the ingredients, I think the hint of sweetness I was smelling is the vanilla that's in it.

I don't think I've ever considered waffles themselves to be a dessert, but I do feel like the toppings you can put on/in them makes them a dessert ๐Ÿ˜‹

@Shosh85, I'll have to see if that extra scent I couldn't pinpoint is vanilla. This one was pretty good; looking forward to trying out the other varietals.

The combo of sweet waffle + ice cream was too much for me, but yes, toppings on waffles can make them dessert. Do you have a favorite waffle topping(s)?

@itsfi  Interesting that waffles are considered a dessert but I definitely think of them as breakfast, lunch or supper!! I love packaging on this brand. It always looks so yummy ๐Ÿคค 

@ather, the packaging is really cute! ๐Ÿฅฐ Props to their design team! I stopped into a local coffee shop this afternoon on my way back from a work meeting and what did my eyes spy? ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ•ต๏ธโ€โ™€๏ธ  A chicken and waffle sandwich. Seems like a not-so-subtle hint to use another one of these waffle masks!! ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi -  yuuuuum! The waffle a la mode looks so tasty! Was the waffle itself sweet? I looked up liege and it looks delicious. The mask sounds like a good one. 

@eshores, the Kocostar waffle mask was nice. Of the different varieties in the set, I think that many folks here list it on the tail end when ranking it so the fact that it performed pretty well makes me even more excited to try the other varieties.

A Belgian liege is supposed to be more on the sweet side and this one was. When I noted that I think of waffles as being more savory in flavor, the liege really helps with that description as this is sweet - I imagine I could have had it without any toppings and be fine, whereas with the traditional waffle, my sweet tooth would like the added toppings. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚

10 Replies
testing