Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Oooh I bet, @itsfi! Have you tried Lumeneโ€™s Nordic-C Glow Reveal Peeling Mask? I think that may be the only Nordic one I have used. I have a couple of holiday items from Polaar in one cart that I am thinking of trying, but they do not include masks. 

@eshoe, I looked into a CC cream by Lumene once, but didnโ€™t have a chance to look at their skincare. Is the peeling mask like a gommage peel? Or like the boscia peeling mask where it dries down and you peel it off? Or is it like an AHA/BHA/PHA type of peel, like an exfoliant? Sorry, lots of questions. Making a note to do some research.

@itsfi @It is very similar to the Peter Thomas Roth FIRMxโ„ข Exfoliating Peel Gel. It feels smoother than it, though, and has an almost โ€˜Tangโ€™ scent. It washes off easily, no peeling necessary - definitely more like an exfoliant but very gentle.

Spoiler
4C02E347-1DCC-429C-BAD0-1B3081CDB18C.jpegB4F75A75-383E-4043-8826-AA8ACE5B4ACC.jpeg

I have only tried it once so far, with no irritation. 

@eshoe @itsfi mmmmmmm delicious!!!

They are delicious, @lmaster!!!

O for overnight masks ๐Ÿ˜ด

This week's overnight masks.This week's overnight masks.

Masks:

Spoiler
innisfree Brightening & Pore-Caring Sleeping Mask 3.38 oz/ 100 mL is the sleeping mask from this week that I'm most undecided about. I've heard good things about this light citrus scented, gel mask, but the two samples I've tried (this is the second) has left me underwhelmed. Thankfully, it doesn't cause any negative or bad reactions, but I'm not altogether sure whether the hydration and brightening are better than what I can get from other sleeping masks.

GLAMGLOW THIRSTYMUDโ„ข 24-Hour Hydrating Treatment Face Mask 3.5 oz/ 100 g smells like a tropical getaway. This can be used as a moisturizer, wash off mask or overnight mask. My preference is to use it as an overnight mask or a morning moisturizer, leaving my skin feeling nicely hydrated. 

belif Aqua Bomb Sleeping Mask 2.53 oz/ 75 mL has a thick-ish and rich, but still lightweight, bouncy, jelly-like consistency (that actually bounces back to its original shape) with a slightly citrusy, slightly herbal scent that leaves my skin feeling soothed, beautifully moisturized and plump overnight.

The #fresh Mini Lotus Anti-Aging Night Moisturizer 0.5 oz/ 15 mL # is technically a night cream but I like using this rich,  lightly peach scented, antioxidant-filled, whipped-textured cream atop my moisturizer and face oil, as the last step in my skincare routine, as if it is an overnight mask. It feels refreshing on contact and helped to heal my skin of some surface dryness and rough, dry patches. 

Lip Masks:

Spoiler
The original berry version of the LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original  was my gateway to lip masks and specifically, to the Laneige lip masks. This one has a faint (and quickly dissipating) fruit scent thanks to the mix of raspberry, blueberry, strawberry and cranberry extracts. Consistency-wise, it's thick enough to  moisturize my lips but not so thick as to leave them greasy or sticky.

There's a nice slip to the unscented, pink-hued, jelly-textured Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask Original. Like with so many Tatcha products, this lip mask is luxurious - from its packaging to the quality of the product. This sinks in easily and smoothly and makes my lips feel hydrated. While this works nicely as part of my evening skincare routine, I tend to use this in the mornings to prep my lips on days I wear lippies.

@itsfi 

I love sleeping masks.There are a few I haven't heard of before and will have to see about getting a sample.

@missy94612, sleeping masks have grown on me over the years. I really like having that extra layer of hydration and moisture overnight. Especially in the cooler seasons. ๐Ÿ˜€

@itsfi  What a great night routine! That GlamGlow is still one of my favorites- an oldie but goodie! ๐Ÿฅฅ

@Shosh85, overnight masks used to be a back up for nights when I was just too tired to mask. Now I love them as an extra step in my routine for added hydration. ๐Ÿฅฐ Yesss, after all these years, ThirstyMud is still one I keep on hand. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ What other sleeping masks are among your favorites?

@itsfi thank goodness you were able to sample the innisfree before buying a FS. 

I am curious if you noticed a difference in the Kissu. The newer one that we received as gratis had a cloudy appearance, compared to an older one that I have which is clear pink. 

@eshoe, my skin tends to do pretty well with Innisfree skincare products, but I still like to get a sample first, especially when a product contains citrus fruit or vitamin C, like the Innisfree sleeping mask. It's great that the brand gives out these foil samples with purchase both online and in store. 

I've used a couple jars of the Tatcha Kissu before receiving the gratis and my recollection is that the pink tint of the other two were more pronounced and the gratis one seemed less pink in hue. I didn't think it was cloudy per se, just a more pale tint of pink than the others I've used. I attributed it to being from a different batch since my other lip masks were from years ago, though I also wondered whether the more recent one might have just been closer to the end of its shelf life. @lmaster 

I wouldnโ€™t have thought the more recently received jar would be older, @itsfi, but that seems like a pretty valid hypothesis! @lmaster 

@eshoe @itsfi yep mine are different shades as well, the gratis is more "cloudy" pink whereas my other one is clear pink,, interesting

@lmaster @itsfi  thanks for checking!

@eshoe @itsfi ohhh I need to check mine, I have two as well, now I'm curious about the color

@lmaster I will be interested to see what you find. @itsfi 

@itsfi  this is perfect!!! I absolutely love over night masks!!! Sounds wonderful!

@ather, sleeping masks have really been a great addition to my skincare routine - good for extra hydration! Do you have ones you reach for a lot? 

@ather, those are nice choices. The Origins one was one of the first few sleeping masks I ever used; itโ€™s also a great choice for in-flight masking. โœˆ๏ธ  YTTP I tested recently and I get the hype. Iโ€™m pretty sure Iโ€™m in the minority of folks when it comes to Jet Lag mask; I didnโ€™t get the same wow results that others did when I used it when it first launched. I read that they recently reformulated that mask a few months back, so I may need to read up more on that reformation.

20 Replies
testing