Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi  Oh no what did you do to your skin barrier? Glad this one helped! 

Oh @ather! My skin really did not respond well to a wash off mask I used last week. That coupled with doubling up on mask wearing and having it on for longer periods of time didn't help and my skin was sensitive and felt raw, sore at times. ๐Ÿ˜ซ It's a lot better now - no stinging when I apply product, which is a huge plus in my mind, especially when it comes to my skin healing. There's been less dry patches too, though there's still a teensy bit of what feels like surface dryness on my ski. My skin was doing pretty well until that mask. I'm looking at it this way - my skin was doing pretty well before so I can get it back to that state; just baby steps.

@itsfi  I am happy you are on the mend. I have stripped my skin barrier three times in the month of September. So weird when I usually donโ€™t have that problem. Not sure if you have any samples of Peter Thomas Roth Vital-Eโ„ข Antioxidant Recovery Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  but this helped heal my skin soooo good. Iโ€™ve been thinking about getting a jar I just donโ€™t know how I would add it to my routine. It was lovely tho. 

3 times @ather?? Oh no!!! Have you been in different climates, weather or traveling? Or testing out products with AHA/BHAs in them?

When you were using the samples of the PTR cream, where did you include it in your routine? 

@itsfi  Yes 3 times. I had it right before I left to go home for a vacation, again when I was home on vacation and I thought it was better and when I came back it got bad again. I am from the east coast so way different climate. When I was travelling I thought it was better to bring foils and not bring my full size products so if my luggage got lost I wouldnโ€™t loose them. I brought mostly the same foils as I use full size products except I brought a toner. I think thatโ€™s what created all the havoc on my skin. I remember using it in the summer I took it when I went to the city for an over night stay and it was fine. I am wondering if the long mask wearing during the travel might have set it off as well. Most of my skin barrier thatโ€™s bad is around my mouth which is the area the mask covers. Itโ€™s either that or maybe Iโ€™m developing an allergy to the pimple patches. Hard to say. So when I noticed everything I put on my face was stinging I stopped everything and I had a gentle cleanser so I used that and the PTR cream. I ended up also having an allergic reaction to the L Mer eye cream I brought (DS) so I only used that cream and a cleanser. I donโ€™t bring any oils since itโ€™s quite humid there and I didnโ€™t have as much โ€œmeโ€ time since I took my son with me and my hubby stayed home with our furry kids. Lessons learned. I know I need to be more mindful of how many products I am using with acids on them. 

@itsfi  Oh, this one sounds wonderful! I'm super excited to try the masks from this line that have the milky serum!

@Shosh85, you know me - we're off to a good start with the words "milky serum". ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜ This is usually the time of year when the weather is at its warmest for us here but my skin was really dry from the mask mishap so the moisturizing and nourishing properties in this milky serum were even more appreciated! ๐Ÿ’– 

Will be interested to hear what you think of the milky serum masks from the line. 

I just wanted to say that I love this photo ๐Ÿ™‚

@StyleLynn, thank you so much for your kind words! ๐Ÿ˜Š Made my day. 

@itsfi glad your skin is doing better! This sounds like an excellent option!

Thank you @Kim888๐Ÿ˜€ I applied and reapplied face oils throughout the day to keep it moisturized - my skin slurped it all up every time!

Last night I finally tried one of the creepy baby face looking masks. Not as creepy as the shakes, I can't get myself to get those. It felt weird, like tingling and drying, yet my face looked ok in the morning. It did rip really easy. Dr. Jart+ Cryo Rubberโ„ข Masks This is one of the older versions with the ampoule attached. 

242847334_240604187893077_6366774936708047661_n.jpg

I haven't tried since they switched to the glass ampoule over the plastic tubs, I thought the glass vial was the newer version? 

I'm sorry this one wasn't great, too bad about the tingling and drying, @Samtian, but I'm glad your skin was alright in the AM!! 

@haleyvvvv Yeah the glass or whatever it is is the newer one. Mine was the older version, but nothing I could tag. 

Ah, thank you for the info, @Samtian!! 

@Samtian  I have yet to try one of these ones!

@ather It was an experience. I picked this one up at TJ Maxx. 

@Samtian  I think Iโ€™ll pass 

@Samtian  I tried a Dr. Jart Rubber mask with an ampoule attached as well, but not the "Cryo" version, and it tore pretty easy too. Kind of awkward to use, but the one I tried gave pretty good results as well. Glad this one turned out decent. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 Which one did you try? 

@Samtian  I tried this one ๐Ÿ‘‡ I think it might be older than the Cryo version

0543284C-9897-4857-9827-89F9ED2B279A.jpeg

3 Replies
testing